Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 7, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #12,526 of 12,862
There seems to be a bug with the Bluetooth dac function: when I turn this function on, connect to a pc and play a song, then press the power button to turn off the screen, the sound instantly "loop" and the player freezes. I need to restart it. Does anyone know what happens?

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #12,527 of 12,862
There seems to be a bug with the Bluetooth dac function: when I turn this function on, connect to a pc and play a song, then press the power button to turn off the screen, the sound instantly "loop" and the player freezes. I need to restart it. Does anyone know what happens?

This is mentioned at the Plus Mode Version option in the settings file.

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #12,528 of 12,862
This is mentioned at the Plus Mode Version option in the settings file.
I thought it was the problem with the Bluetooth connection instead. Thanks!

Jan 9, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #12,529 of 12,862
I have a noob question.I have a Sony zx300 with 4.4 output and Focal Elegia.I Will go balanced.So i Will buy a cable from 3.5 from headphone to 4.4 of my zx300.Will this damage my headphone or Zx300?

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #12,530 of 12,862
I have a noob question.I have a Sony zx300 with 4.4 output and Focal Elegia.I Will go balanced.So i Will buy a cable from 3.5 from headphone to 4.4 of my zx300.Will this damage my headphone or Zx300?

Your risk damaging it, at least. It's not advisable to go from 4.4 of the player to 3.5 of the headphones.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #12,531 of 12,862
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #12,532 of 12,862
Why do They sell these cable?
And The Sony mdr1am2 has a regular and a balanced cable from 3.5 to 4.4.so with The Sony no problem?

The 4.4 balanced port has 2 separate negative terminals, while the 3.5 single-ended port has only one. Adapters that go from 4.4 balanced to 3.5 single-ended will join those 2 separate negative terminals together, which is the thing that could damage the player's amp.

There are some adapters from 4.4 balanced to 3.5 single-ended that will not join the 2 negatives together (and those are ok to use), but the output power will not be the same as using the balanced connection directly.

MDR-1AM2 is made to be used with a 3.5 or 4.4 cable, and it will not join the 2 separate negative terminals of the 4.4 balanced port when using a proper 4.4 cable (like the stock one). The 1AM2 should have a 3.5 balanced connector (with 4 pins instead of just 3), which is why 4.4 balanced to 3.5 balanced (or 3.5 single-ended to 3.5 balanced) of the 1AM2 works fine.

Focal Elegia seems to also support a balanced connection, as it has separate input ports for each side, so you could buy a balanced cable directly, like this one, for example:

1641749797207.png

Hope you understand - let me know if not.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #12,533 of 12,862
Confusing.The cable That you show is The one a bought.So these are good and cause no damage to my zx300 or Elegia?I Will send a picture of The cable When I have them.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #12,534 of 12,862
Confusing.The cable That you show is The one a bought.So these are good and cause no damage to my zx300 or Elegia?I Will send a picture of The cable When I have them.

If you bought a cable like that, then it's fine. You worded your initial post in a way that made me think you bought something to go from 4.4 of the player to 3.5 single-ended of the headphones, when you actually bought just a balanced cable for your Elegia, which is fine.

Jan 10, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #12,535 of 12,862
Anyone know why "Recent Transfers" only shows my entire collection? Not sure if this is a bug from the Mr.W firmware update or something else.

I added new music and still nothing.

Jan 10, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #12,536 of 12,862
Anyone know why "Recent Transfers" only shows my entire collection? Not sure if this is a bug from the Mr.W firmware update or something else.

I added new music and still nothing.

Make sure to set the player's time and date, and then all should be ok.

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #12,537 of 12,862
Hi everyone

I would like some assistance in regards to dap choice please. I currently use AK SP1000m for portable use and home listening too. Since getting a FiiO M17 I no longer need a player at home. I would like a player with long battery life to use on the go and with mid fi iems. I have plenty of albums so streaming is good to have as an option, however, is not a priority.

What would people here recommend? Used Sony zx300, new zx300 (slightly inflated price imo), new zx507 or even wm1a (on backorder)

Any advice is appreciated.

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #12,538 of 12,862
Hi everyone

I would like some assistance in regards to dap choice please. I currently use AK SP1000m for portable use and home listening too. Since getting a FiiO M17 I no longer need a player at home. I would like a player with long battery life to use on the go and with mid fi iems. I have plenty of albums so streaming is good to have as an option, however, is not a priority.

What would people here recommend? Used Sony zx300, new zx300 (slightly inflated price imo), new zx507 or even wm1a (on backorder)

Sony Walkman DAPs are generally the ones hard to beat in terms of battery life. Soundwise, they recently got a new lease on life and able to go toe to toe with newer DAPs thanks to @MrWalkman's custom firmwares.

Jan 17, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #12,540 of 12,862
Hi everyone

I've only got a zx300 and not used the other two Sony's you've mentioned. I'm also a big zx300 fan. I mention that for transparency.

From the specs, it doesn't appear you'll be getting the same battery length out of the zx507 as you will from the other two. Basically, you'll be sacrificing battery life for the ability to stream.

If you're only using mid fi IEM's on the go, the big jump in price to go to a wm1a is likely not justified, especially when you factor in MrWalkman's firmwares for the zx300.

So my recommendation for your requirements would really be a zx300. Money no object?, buying new is obviously fail safe. I myself have a secondhand one though and it's been brilliant from the moment I got it. Lots of others on here seem to have secondhand ones too and not reported any problems. So if you want to save a few quid, go secondhand with a fair degree of confidence.

Also, if you really really fancied a bit of streaming, you can still do that with the zx300 in Bluetooth receiver mode linked with your phone. But you'd sacrifice battery life that way, and then you're back to being better off with the zx507 for direct streaming without the pfaff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back