Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #8,761 of 12,862
Hello is it possible to buy a ZX300A in the US, if so best reliable trust worth place to order one?
I've got mine from Joybuy without any problems. Wait was typical for shipments from China - around 4 weeks.

As for player I am quite happy. Perfect size/SQ/functionality/price compromise.

I hope Sony will continue this family of DAPs and will release successor to ZX300 in future :)

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #8,763 of 12,862

Koji Nageno: "Sorry. DSEE HX upscales, but original bit-rate should be 248kbps, can be upscaled to near high-res audio result. So if original sound source is lower than that it can't be near high-res.

Sound+Image: Wow. So Sony says that 256k can sound like high-res audio.

Koji Nageno: Near high-res audio, yes."

Very illuminating, straight from the horse's mouth. I used to insist on only a Flac rip but have admitted to myself I can rarely tell the difference between high quality lossy and lossless, maybe the difference would be more noticeable on a high end desk top system(?).

Back on topic, very happy with my ZX300 and Andro pairing.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #8,765 of 12,862
It hasn't been out of stock, another member just bought it a couple weeks ago when it was back in stock. Just have to keep checking for it.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #8,767 of 12,862
Guys, do any of u find the sound in usb DAC mode (or blutooth receiver mode) completeley different from the normal playback? I am sure my Asio drivers are set up properly and there is no sound processing in the chain.

I understand that technically DAC mode sounds worse but somehow it is more fun to listen to.. Straight from the player sound is much more dry, with significantly better imaging and treble sparkle, but i cant help but feeling that in DAC mode sound is more neutral and cant think of a good explanation.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #8,769 of 12,862
Don't know about USB DAC mode, but in the Receiver mode it sounds pretty much the same, just a bit less resolving, but nothing extremely different.

I guess, that DAC working via USB could pick up some noise from your computer electronics.

Thanks. For me Receiver mode in LDAC sounds very similar to DAC mode, both of which is different from normal mode, actually if u turn off direct mode and set up tone control (at 0 0 0) instead of EQ,(and leave all DSPs off) then it sounds closer to DAC mode.

It drives me crazy that every meaningless change results to a very different sound.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #8,770 of 12,862
I've been getting an error lately on a few songs. It typically happens at the end of the song (somewhere around 10 seconds left). The message is file format not supported and cannot play song or something similar to that. It's specific files as I can reproduce it when I go back to the last few seconds of the song. No error when playing with my laptop.

Has this shown up for anyone else?

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #8,771 of 12,862
I've been getting an error lately on a few songs. It typically happens at the end of the song (somewhere around 10 seconds left). The message is file format not supported and cannot play song or something similar to that. It's specific files as I can reproduce it when I go back to the last few seconds of the song. No error when playing with my laptop.

Has this shown up for anyone else?
Some files can be played using different daps/software although they might have an error (usually something about closing frames or corrupted bits of info). it's possible your files are not ok and you might need to repair them or redownload. there are some software that can check for errors but it's just better to redownload than to mess with them imo.
f.e some .wma files can be played but when you scroll forward you can get an error. it happened to me as well on the zx300. though I knew I had an issue with that file anyway.

If it never happened to you before on the zx300 using those same files you might have some issues with your sd card. check it for errors on windows and let it repair it. (make sure you have a backup for your files)

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #8,772 of 12,862
Some files can be played using different daps/software although they might have an error (usually something about closing frames or corrupted bits of info). it's possible your files are not ok and you might need to repair them or redownload. there are some software that can check for errors but it's just better to redownload than to mess with them imo.
f.e some .wma files can be played but when you scroll forward you can get an error. it happened to me as well on the zx300. though I knew I had an issue with that file anyway.

If it never happened to you before on the zx300 using those same files you might have some issues with your sd card. check it for errors on windows and let it repair it. (make sure you have a backup for your files)
Right on. I think if the source files are fine one could try and copy them again on to the sd card to see if the problem still persists.

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #8,773 of 12,862
Thanks. I figured it was the files since I could easily reproduce the issue so just making sure it was just me. They are new files that I added to the zx300 so I'll go through them to find which songs they are. If it happens to be the microsd card it gives me the excuse to buy the new 512gb storage size cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back