Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #8,793 of 12,862
Yep had a 512Gb in from day one, works a treat.
Wow! How much did you get for, bro? Is it Sandisk, Sony or Samsung etc?

Feb 27, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #8,796 of 12,862
Yeah, it's a bit of an odd design decision, but I haven't found it an issue at all and I'm still loving the ZX300 as much as when I first bought it.
It does make it feel bit longer/more rectangular.. But ok with me so far after using it for slightly > 1 month.. At first, I felt bit weird since screen rather small compared to most smartphones today.. Now have grown to like it.. Maybe that's where 30-hr battery is..

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #8,797 of 12,862
No idea if this has been mentioned before...

but

SONY IF YOU'RE LISTENING TO THIS

please could we have a battery percentage instead of the deeply inaccurate 4bars of yesteryear. With all of us investing in the finer details of high fidelity sound, you would have the foresight to give us an OCD-pleasing percentage indicator.

Don't know about anyone else, but I find that my panic button kicks in as soon as it drops one bar... and then when it's on the final bar, I whack it on charge when realistically there's probably a good 6hrs left...?

:L3000:

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #8,798 of 12,862

but

please could we have a battery percentage instead of the deeply inaccurate 4bars of yesteryear. With all of us investing in the finer details of high fidelity sound, you would have the foresight to give us an OCD-pleasing percentage indicator.

Don't know about anyone else, but I find that my panic button kicks in as soon as it drops one bar... and then when it's on the final bar, I whack it on charge when realistically there's probably a good 6hrs left...?

Sony...if you are listening pt.2 Please implement the EQ settings when using bluetooth. It's on my Sony A17....but not on the ZX300 for some reason.

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #8,800 of 12,862

but

Damn, this a good suggestion I never thought of. Though sometimes I like the bliss of not knowing how fast the battery depletes, if anyone gets me.

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #8,802 of 12,862
By the way... WOW

Just changed the destination to ‘E’ uncapped... SUCH a difference

Used to comfortably power my Vegas at about 70-90 volume... now I can’t go above 40 with high gain on...

Wonder if this has a +ve effect on battery life having it on a lower volume setting?

Plus

Does high gain do any more battery drain?

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #8,803 of 12,862
It does make it feel bit longer/more rectangular.. But ok with me so far after using it for slightly > 1 month.. At first, I felt bit weird since screen rather small compared to most smartphones today.. Now have grown to like it.. Maybe that's where 30-hr battery is..

I love this... it makes it really easy to grip, no worries about dropping the thing!

Mar 4, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #8,804 of 12,862
After studying this and other threads, I decided on an NW-ZX300 rather than a 1A. Price and I think money would be better spent on better IEMs like Solaris at some point. I am in no rush as my Campfire Vegas are nice enough now.. Mine is due Tomorrow.

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #8,805 of 12,862
How much of an improvement is the 1A over the 300? I know that many have said the difference isn't substantial enough to fully justify the upgrade (even to the point where some don't hear a difference/prefer the sound of the 300 in blind tests), but what improvements are there exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back