Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #8,536 of 12,862
Is this date verified? I've been expecting end of Q1 but haven't seen anything official. Can't wait to get a pair; I was disappointed when they got delayed but I'd rather Beyerdynamic wait than have a compromised release of their first mass market ANC phones.

I e-mailed them to make suggestions, as I was not able to try them at the RMAF since they were having a sofware issue. I was told they would be available in March when they e-mailed back.

They didn't respond to my suggestions. :wink:

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #8,538 of 12,862
Got DSEE HX & DC Phase Linearizer on, battery drains quicker but they give a slight increase to clarity, beefs up the sound in general and makes the music more three dimensional. Music sounds flatter with Direct Sound on.
I love the DC phase thingy. I use Type B standard.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #8,539 of 12,862
Question for more experienced users please.

Am I able to force the device to only show music from internal memory, without me needing to remove the SD card?

Many thanks.
From my experience you just select the folder in your internal memory and that's all it shows. I know this because I actually wish it showed the memory card and internal memory as a consolidated library instead of keeping them separate.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #8,540 of 12,862
I love the DC phase thingy. I use Type B standard.
What is the difference between Type A & B?

I didnt' notice any difference with the Phase on and didn't notice a difference between those 2.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #8,542 of 12,862

I didnt' notice any difference with the Phase on and didn't notice a difference between those 2.
No clue my brother. That's just the one I thought sounded "best". You didn't notice a difference with it off or on? That's strange to me as I thought it was pretty dramatic. Hard to say which was "better" but at the time I leaned more towards on and Type B Standard.

But yeah it's supposed to give it an analog amp sound signature. Makes it warmer as far as I can tell.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #8,543 of 12,862
Yeah couldn't tell anything...setup is my AKG N5005 balanced into the iBasso CA02 adapter. I have the player on High Gain and usually 65/70 volume.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #8,545 of 12,862
Jan 15, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #8,546 of 12,862
Lol it does. I honestly dont really use any other IEMs now. I've hit my end game for a while. Recently got the Dekoni Bulletz foam tips and it took them a notch higher for me.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #8,547 of 12,862
Question for more experienced users please.

Am I able to force the device to only show music from internal memory, without me needing to remove the SD card?

Many thanks.

Not quite sure what you mean, but when the ZX300 is connected to the computer, contents of both the internal and external memories will only show when you press the file transfer button prompt on the DAP itself.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #8,548 of 12,862

The features themselves make some difference to me compared to Direct Sound, though I wasn't able to determine any changes when toggling between standard and other options as well as A vs B modes.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #8,549 of 12,862
The features themselves make some difference to me compared to Direct Sound, though I wasn't able to determine any changes when toggling between standard and other options as well as A vs B modes.

Yes, all I can say for sure is that I prefer Linearizer on, wouldn't comment on the differences between: A-B / Hi, Low or standard.

Update: After much A-B'ing I perceive A standard to be a tad brighter than B standard.

This track helped me better differentiate between settings:

20190115_195054.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #8,550 of 12,862
Not quite sure what you mean, but when the ZX300 is connected to the computer, contents of both the internal and external memories will only show when you press the file transfer button prompt on the DAP itself.
It’s ok I found what I wanted in settings - the ability for the player to just access internal memory

Thanks to all who responded.

Modded ZX300 paired with Mrspeakers Aeon Flow Open. Power and authority to spare. Pure magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back