Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 18, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #8,071 of 12,862
i will buy it off you if you indeed have it lol
I do, how much? Got about 40 hrs on it. I can't stand it. I mean the 1a is 5x better and you can get a used on for 750, I don't see why anyone would want this zx300 trash

Attachments

• 20181117_165430.jpg
    20181117_165430.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #8,073 of 12,862
I do, how much? Got about 40 hrs on it. I can't stand it. I mean the 1a is 5x better and you can get a used on for 750, I don't see why anyone would want this zx300 trash
i am sure you have a price lets move to the sales section or pm me

Nov 18, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #8,074 of 12,862
Not sure but even with direct source on, bluetooth off etc etc, I don't ever get more than maybe 10 hours. Isn't a giant deal for me, but I've never gotten 20 hours for sure
Me too

Nov 18, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #8,075 of 12,862
I'm sure the zx300 uses a less quality battery, mine drains fast, that is about 1/2 year ago, compare to my ZX2, over 2 years. One the battery is completely drain, I just going to throw it away.

Nov 18, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #8,076 of 12,862
One of the reasons I've chosen Sony daps is because of the battery life, which has always met the estimated life and had minimal loss over the usual 2 year period I've used before upgrading. I realise this model using balanced has a higher power requirement but from the first charge, using direct source, I have had a sad listening time before the bars fall (also did a battery test to confirm), and I feel it has deteriorated alot in the 10 months I've used it averaging about 4 hours a week.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #8,077 of 12,862
I'm sure the zx300 uses a less quality battery, mine drains fast, that is about 1/2 year ago, compare to my ZX2, over 2 years. One the battery is completely drain, I just going to throw it away.

When it dies send it to me in Oregon don't just throw a dap away! It can't be too hard to replace

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #8,078 of 12,862
One of the reasons I've chosen Sony daps is because of the battery life, which has always met the estimated life and had minimal loss over the usual 2 year period I've used before upgrading. I realise this model using balanced has a higher power requirement but from the first charge, using direct source, I have had a sad listening time before the bars fall (also did a battery test to confirm), and I feel it has deteriorated alot in the 10 months I've used it averaging about 4 hours a week.

Well, with my wm1a, i did some battery tests and with everything off (not music :D) it lasts around 33 hours.

direct sound on, bluetooth off, battery care off (iirc battery care takes off around 5 hours may be more), also minimal screen usage (i tested it on shuffle mode with screen off all the time) so if you normally keep exploring and using the gui while your listening the faster the battery drains, also lower the brightness to the minimal.

so i left it playing alone and kept checking and recording time, it lasted 33 hours with a mix of flac and mp3s .. also dsds drain battery much faster.

iam not saying you should use the dap this way, but this was just the tests i did to get max battery.

these are my thoughts ..

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #8,079 of 12,862
You guys made me very sad. I was worried that my battery was not lasting more than 10 hours anymore, but i though it was because i switched to balanced and listen to DSDs, sony claims it should last 12 hours this way so I wasnt very worried. I usually listen to it 3 hours a day and now Im scared in 1 year or so it will be almost dead..

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #8,080 of 12,862
You guys made me very sad. I was worried that my battery was not lasting more than 10 hours anymore, but i though it was because i switched to balanced and listen to DSDs, sony claims it should last 12 hours this way so I wasnt very worried. I usually listen to it 3 hours a day and now Im scared in 1 year or so it will be almost dead..

Sony is one of the best options to choose if you want long listening time on a DAP. The only other DAPs that I know which could play for longer times are those screenless DAPs like Zishan, Walnut, Revamp and very few of them plays DSD files. You won't get much options beside Sony or unless you go desktop or transportable setups. There's no other workaround to listen longer on a portable DAP if all you listen to are DSD files.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #8,081 of 12,862
Sony is one of the best options to choose if you want long listening time on a DAP. The only other DAPs that I know which could play for longer times are those screenless DAPs like Zishan, Walnut, Revamp and very few of them plays DSD files. You won't get much options beside Sony or unless you go desktop or transportable setups. There's no other workaround to listen longer on a portable DAP if all you listen to are DSD files.
I agree, it is more than good enough now, I dont mind charging it frequently, only thing Im worried is that it will become much worse. My 10 years old sony x1050 still lasts good 20 hours (mp3 playback), but some comments here got me worried that zx300 will not last even 2 hours after couple of years..

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #8,082 of 12,862
I agree, it is more than good enough now, I dont mind charging it frequently, only thing Im worried is that it will become much worse. My 10 years old sony x1050 still lasts good 20 hours (mp3 playback), but some comments here got me worried that zx300 will not last even 2 hours after couple of years..

Maybe I didn't notice or could have read past them but I didn't see anyone here who actually had that happened. We'll never know for sure unless majority of people experienced the same. You should worry less and enjoy your music more. Who knows maybe after 2 years we will be able to get new ZX300 for a much cheaper price to replace our old ones, but I wouldn't count on that. I'll just enjoy listening to music while leaving the worries behind.

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #8,084 of 12,862
My listening habits are the same regarding the amount of screen time I used with my A15 and ZX100, battery care on, minimal brightness etc, and I always got the close to the estimated quoted battery life with all factors considered. With the ZX300, even from the first charge, at the rate my bars drop I've always felt I had a bad battery, and now after only 10 months with someone else making a comment about the battery quality I feel this could be true. I have not thrashed this with 8+ hours of daily use and weekly recharges either.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #8,085 of 12,862

Some Cowon players also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back