Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #8,087 of 12,862
When connecting Android phones over BT to the NW-ZX300 in BT receiver mode, it always connects in AAC even though I have LDAC set in developer options. Any ideas on how to force LDAC?
Have you tried to change the settings on the zx300?

Nov 19, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #8,088 of 12,862
My X1060 is still hold full charge. I don’t use it a lot after all.

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #8,090 of 12,862
My X1060 is still hold full charge. I don’t use it a lot after all.
Going back about 7 or 8 generations my Sony players have all been outstanding for battery life in charge and length of life, which is why I feel some of the batteries used for the ZX300 are not up to their usual high standard.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #8,091 of 12,862
Does anyone know if e earphone has a service that would modify my Denon D7000 (fixed single ended cable) to have balanced connectors? If so what would be the approximate cost of the work please?

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #8,094 of 12,862
Going back about 7 or 8 generations my Sony players have all been outstanding for battery life in charge and length of life, which is why I feel some of the batteries used for the ZX300 are not up to their usual high standard.
On the other hand those walkmans are not very powerful, didnt play high res and didnt have balanced. I dont think the battery quality is bad on zx300, I think it is the first time sony didn't really compromise anything for better power efficiency..

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #8,095 of 12,862
A few posts ago I did acknowledge the difference of the ZX300 to the others, but even playing a lot of hi-res files which required high volume on the ZX100 my battery was fantastic. There is a more accurate official Sony battery guide for the ZX300 that differs from the usual spec sheet one you most commonly see on websites, and I'm getting well under that. I'm also comparing to what others have posted as results. As 90% of my listening is at home it is not a major issue, just annoying as this is the first one that has not been up to scratch (all factors considered)

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #8,096 of 12,862
Can someone please tell me how much voltage rms is the output?
On Sony website it says "200mW+200mW (High Gain)" for balanced output and "50mW+50mW (High Gain)" for single ended,both into 16 ohm load.

I find that specification highly confusing and unclear,what is "200mW + 200mW" supposed to mean? Do they mean its 200mW per channel or that high gain setting will increase total power output to 200mW thus doubling the power for total of 400mW?

If it means each channel from balanced output puts out 200mW into 16 ohm load on High Gain setting,then by using ohms law we find that output voltage is 1.79V rms.If this explanation is true,Low Gain voltage is not specified and I can only guess its most probably half,or 0.9V.

If it means that High Gain will double total output power to 400mW,then its same as above except now we know the voltage of Low Gain mode which is 1.27V rms which is weird becose Low Gain usually halves the voltage,in this case its lower by 25%.

If it means Low Gain is 200mW per channel and High Gain 400mW per channel ( 200 + 200 ),then the output voltage is 1.78V at low and 2.53V at high setting.

Which of these three is correct? Also there is no output impedance specification,does anybody know how much output impedance does the balanced output have? I wish Sony would offer clearer and more detailed specs so people would know what they are getting.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #8,097 of 12,862
Speaking of the battery...this is a problem so many electronic devices have...it would be cool, in future, to have some manufacturer that can sell newer batteries for a pletora of devices...I would be surely interested in replacing my zx300 battery in the future, but sending it to Japan it's not an available option, sorry.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #8,098 of 12,862
Speaking of the battery...this is a problem so many electronic devices have...it would be cool, in future, to have some manufacturer that can sell newer batteries for a pletora of devices...I would be surely interested in replacing my zx300 battery in the future, but sending it to Japan it's not an available option, sorry.
It doesn't have to be in Japan, Sony is worldwide.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #8,099 of 12,862
It doesn't have to be in Japan, Sony is worldwide.

True...BUT:

1) mine is a Zx300A for the Chinese market, I'm doubtful the Italian assistance would be interested in assisting me
2) even if they would I somehow doubt they'd took apart many zx300 to replace the battery...plus the fact that they've sold 20 units in the whole country I'm pretty sure they don't even know what are we talking about..
3) i want it (as well as many other devices) to be future proof... I want to change my own battery in the future with a similar one by myself without waiting...

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #8,100 of 12,862
True...BUT:

1) mine is a Zx300A for the Chinese market, I'm doubtful the Italian assistance would be interested in assisting me
2) even if they would I somehow doubt they'd took apart many zx300 to replace the battery...plus the fact that they've sold 20 units in the whole country I'm pretty sure they don't even know what are we talking about..
3) i want it (as well as many other devices) to be future proof... I want to change my own battery in the future with a similar one by myself without waiting...
They will change the battery, it's just a matter of how much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back