Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #4,006 of 12,862
What Hifi are well known for their bias towards UK company products. They basically only rate UK products highly, everything else is junk. You shouldn’t trust a single word they write, unless you are also a shameless fan of British audio industry.

what hifi was good 15 years ago, but they are bias slightly against sony, nw-zx100 and nw-zx300 no mention of ldac, but apple x mentioning of bluetooth 5, they marginise zx300 due lack of streaming, but they don't say the same thing for a dedicated high end cd player marantz with a usb but can't play flac files or even a iphone 7 which until recently can't play flac, and still rant the iphone 7 as best sounding phone, while ignoring onkyo dp-cmx1 (but that's not released in uk or usa)

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #4,008 of 12,862
what hifi was good 15 years ago, but they are bias slightly against sony, nw-zx100 and nw-zx300 no mention of ldac, but apple x mentioning of bluetooth 5, they marginise zx300 due lack of streaming, but they don't say the same thing for a dedicated high end cd player marantz with a usb but can't play flac files or even a iphone 7 which until recently can't play flac, and still rant the iphone 7 as best sounding phone, while ignoring onkyo dp-cmx1 (but that's not released in uk or usa)

The review looked like it took about as much effort to write as I do ordering carry out. Ok, maybe a little more effort :)

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #4,009 of 12,862
I too live in the UK, and UK audio has always produce good quality product, I like brands like audio innovations which specialize tube amps, and the classic Cambridge Audio.

Yeah I was not knocking UK audio gear, lots of really great companies, Chord gets a lot of love here on Head Fi in particular. Just saying that when you read reviews from any publisher that has clear and strong bias its important to note that as enthusiasts and raise an eyebrow at their comparisons and reviews.

We as a community deserve better than shills and marketing masquerading as unbiased evaluations.

As always, seek the truth but trust your own ears first man.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #4,012 of 12,862
I read some mixed reviews about the durability of those Mee Audio cable/adapters - I'll choose the $Mu$a$hino$ one

Jan 19, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #4,013 of 12,862
something_new_1516276594_1ccfee24.jpg

one more component to go!

Any chance you could provide a direct link to this? I’m still trying to decide what and from where the best cable resides to go with my Campfire Andromedas.
Thank you,

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #4,014 of 12,862
You can't really compare, one is a adapter, the other is
Any chance you could provide a direct link to this? I’m still trying to decide what and from where the best cable resides to go with my Campfire Andromedas.
Thank you,
He mentioned amazon japan, just search for it there, it's not difficult.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #4,016 of 12,862
I read some mixed reviews about the durability of those Mee Audio cable/adapters - I'll choose the $Mu$a$hino$ one

Ha ha I just ordered the mee audio ones, if they look real cheap I'll send them back to amazon. I ordered them because it had 2.5 and 4.4 in the kit. I don't even know if I'm going to keep the hifiman re800, because of my sensitive ears. Murashino, isn't that a type of cherry ? Lol

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #4,017 of 12,862
You can't really compare, one is a adapter, the other is

He mentioned amazon japan, just search for it there, it's not difficult.

Since it came out, Oct/Nov? Still waiting for my balanced cable to arrive, looking forward to hearing what this player can do using the 4.4mm connection - more 3D and wider soundstage I suspect.

Yes things have more room\space in the soundstage, and it's w i d e r !

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #4,018 of 12,862
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #4,019 of 12,862
Besides Sea Change by Beck, as one of my go to albums for testing gear because of it's excellent mastering as you guys know :) I have another less know gem to test sub bass and percussion, 'Enamoured' by Bella Sonus. Find a good copy of that and see how dynamic and deep your zx300 can go. Headphone dependant of course :wink:

The zx300 loves this album, and it's mesmerising too.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #4,020 of 12,862
I picked up the zx300A today at a local store in Beijing for 3000rmb, can confirm that English is an option on setup. I haven’t listened to anything yet but i’m Looking forward to it! I also ordered a couple of 4.4mm to mmcx balances cables for my Andromedas which should arrive in the next couple of days. Exciting!

Oh, there are heaps of 4.4mm adapters and cables on taobao if you can access it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back