Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 21, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #3,376 of 12,862
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #3,378 of 12,862
I would think its a sync problem for videos and games as someone mentioned that he could overcome the issue with VLC and the audio delay/ sync function.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,379 of 12,862
PSX_20171209_135510.jpg
PSX_20171209_135510.jpg
PSX_20171209_135436.jpg

That is the case that I have bought. It comes with a TG too. Perhaps I need to get a wrist strap next...

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,381 of 12,862
Hello Head-fi people! I’m a complete newb to the world of DAP; I’ll be getting my zx300 in the mail today and had a couple of questions. My current setup has been my iPhone 6S and I’ve only used iTunes to get my music onto my phone. Will I be able to use iTunes to easily transfer files to my 300? What is the best file format to use? Should I “start from scratch” and burn my cd collection to PC and use that to transfer files to the 300?

I’m more concerned with doing things right instead of easy or fast. I just want to get the most from my zx300.

Thank you for any advice!

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #3,382 of 12,862
That remote come with a clip and 2 holder for attaching to cable, also nicely designed with compact size and long battery life. I think it worth the money.
In the other hand, accessories like these may need higher production cost as production in small scale.

Btw, go google the AK RM01 remote for AK240 and AK380, and you know Sony didn't overprice on it and glad they keep the design slim and simple

Sony is a x-billion dollar company. I don't 'buy' it that these remotes add to the production cost, as they produce remotes for other products of their divisions in the millions... They already have all the means to produce whatever similar product with hardly any additional costs to their fixed production.
To 'develop' this remote, they certainly didn't need to invest in R&D either. This is a remote so simple to make by any tech-engineer. The only thing that's 'unique' about it is that it's the only one that is compatible with Sony's bluetooth codec (which they can just as easily leave open, like android devices).

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #3,383 of 12,862
Hello Head-fi people! I’m a complete newb to the world of DAP; I’ll be getting my zx300 in the mail today and had a couple of questions. My current setup has been my iPhone 6S and I’ve only used iTunes to get my music onto my phone. Will I be able to use iTunes to easily transfer files to my 300? What is the best file format to use? Should I “start from scratch” and burn my cd collection to PC and use that to transfer files to the 300?

I’m more concerned with doing things right instead of easy or fast. I just want to get the most from my zx300.

Thank you for any advice!

I would use media go to put them on the ZX300. Or just drag and drop as long as they're not dma protected. Or you could rip your stuff into flac from your cds like I did :) and then drag and drop, if you have cds that is.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #3,385 of 12,862
I will buy it next month, spent too much this month, spent alot in Japan, and my new PC, I have a TPU case, and the OEM sony, although the Sony gives good protection, I hate it that I have to turn off the screen before I close the cover, or the magnet on the flip part mess up the screen.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #3,386 of 12,862
Sony is a x-billion dollar company. I don't 'buy' it that these remotes add to the production cost, as they produce remotes for other products of their divisions in the millions... They already have all the means to produce whatever similar product with hardly any additional costs to their fixed production.
To 'develop' this remote, they certainly didn't need to invest in R&D either. This is a remote so simple to make by any tech-engineer. The only thing that's 'unique' about it is that it's the only one that is compatible with Sony's bluetooth codec (which they can just as easily leave open, like android devices).

Sony is x-billion dollar company, still it is a business
Doesn't mean they have to sell their remote dirt cheap
and I still think that remote worth the money.

Btw, this remote recognized on Android device as keyboard input device, works on smartphone and android based DAP like SP1000 and DP-X1
not sure if it is some Sony codec but seems not the case.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #3,387 of 12,862
It's called capitalism. Sony is in business to sell products and hopefully make a profit. While supply and demand influences price, the price is primary set by what it costs to make which sets the minimum and what they think people are willing to pay for it. The great majority of products like the ZX300 don't come with a remote so don't expect Sony to give one away. Do I wish they would? You bet! Might they? They could if they thought it might increase sales enough to cover the cost of the remote.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #3,388 of 12,862
Next question: I’ve downloaded Media Go and have ripped a handful of CDs (FLAC) and transferred them to the 300. But when I tap the “High Res” folder, the only contents are the 3 songs my player came with. FLAC is different than High Res? What’s the general consensus on best file type/resolution for this unit?

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #3,389 of 12,862
Next question: I’ve downloaded Media Go and have ripped a handful of CDs (FLAC) and transferred them to the 300. But when I tap the “High Res” folder, the only contents are the 3 songs my player came with. FLAC is different than High Res? What’s the general consensus on best file type/resolution for this unit?
FLAC files encoded 16/44.1 (RED BOOK) will not show up as hi-res. However dont let the bitrate and sample rate decide if the music is good. Just enjoy it.

EDIT: The more important thing is to be ready with a balanced cable. That's the star of the show.

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #3,390 of 12,862

If you want to talk about X-billion dollar company....
Division capital/cost and R&D is often separated - not shared - for multiple purposes, one of them is such that one division won't leech off the success of another for fear of another department being lazy and wasteful. For Sony Audio, they actually don't have many BT remotes devices and couldn't piggy back on anything.
I actually talked with Sato-san before about this remote (I wanted to ask him whether they have plans to make a remote app for smartphones - he said the audio department don't have the budget to get iOS/Android developers and go through the submission process just for one app with highly unknown demand - take that what you will), the cost/return of this remote almost left it on the chopping board as all the cost had to paid for by the Audio department, they only managed to push it out by taking left over electronic parts from other audio devices and can only make it in small quantities as they cannot forecast the demand (remember this is WAY before the success of the WM1 series and thus the success of the Audio department of recent years, and they didn't expect people with A-series would want a remote). It's actually not something they make a huge profit on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back