Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 17, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #1,382 of 12,862
Probably some mistake on Amazon's part then as that's almost as cheap as the Japanese price without tax.
Not a mistake amazon uk does that sometimes to boost its preorders nobody was buying at £600 at the temporary price of £473 it must have got a lot of preorders hence the price going back so early

Oct 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,384 of 12,862
guys quck question how do i take advantage of the balanced port on the ZX300 all my headphones are 3.5mm ..what adaptor do i need if any
There is no adapter, you will need to buy cables and not all headphones are compatible with balanced. If you have headphones with a removable cables on both left and right you can buy a matching cable so you can use it balanced, if it only uses an entry on one side its probably not compatible to be used balanced, but there are some exceptions like the Sony MDR-1A or the oppo pm3

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #1,385 of 12,862
There is no adapter, you will need to buy cables and not all headphones are compatible with balanced. If you have headphones with a removable cables on both left and right you can buy a matching cable so you can use it balanced, if it only uses an entry on one side its probably not compatible to be used balanced, but there are some exceptions like the Sony MDR-1A or the oppo pm3
How about headphones with a removable 6,3mm jack so that a 3,5 mm remains? Are there balanced adapters for that, or are these not balanced? Thanks

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #1,386 of 12,862
How about headphones with a removable 6,3mm jack so that a 3,5 mm remains? Are there balanced adapters for that, or are these not balanced? Thanks
Balances means that both drivers have a + and -, so 4 connections on the end. So Ever connector with 3 connection points are not compatible. Also 4 connection points 3.5mm connectors are not compatible most of the time because one of the 4 connections is for the mic.

Connections that you can convert to balanced need to be balanced in the first place. For example, 4-pin XLR, dual 3-pin XLR or 2.5mm balanced.

Be aware that there are some adapters out there that convert non balanced to balanced connection type but that doesn't work and you defeat any purpose of balanced and you might damage your decide. You can only convert balanced connections on a headphone to non balanced, but not non balanced on a headphone to Balanced.

Just buy a cable if you want balanced, for mmcx (most iems) Sony offers a nice cable. For something else you will need to buy a cable your from a cable maker probably. The prices range from low as 60€ to like 150€ depending on what connectors you need and what material it should be.

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,387 of 12,862

Thank you. Based on this I found my Ultimate Ears Triplefi have a balanced wire from Fiio. Ordered and adapter as well.

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,388 of 12,862
Balances means that both drivers have a + and -, so 4 connections on the end. So Ever connector with 3 connection points are not compatible. Also 4 connection points 3.5mm connectors are not compatible most of the time because one of the 4 connections is for the mic.

Connections that you can convert to balanced need to be balanced in the first place. For example, 4-pin XLR, dual 3-pin XLR or 2.5mm balanced.

Be aware that there are some adapters out there that convert non balanced to balanced connection type but that doesn't work and you defeat any purpose of balanced and you might damage your decide. You can only convert balanced connections on a headphone to non balanced, but not non balanced on a headphone to Balanced.

Just buy a cable if you want balanced, for mmcx (most iems) Sony offers a nice cable. For something else you will need to buy a cable your from a cable maker probably. The prices range from low as 60€ to like 150€ depending on what connectors you need and what material it should be.
Thanks for the info. But how can I tell with only my eyes that a cable is balanced?

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #1,389 of 12,862
Thanks for the info. But how can I tell with only my eyes that a cable is balanced?
You can't. It may look balanced but the connector can be wired incorrectly. The best thing u can do is to use multimeter to test the cable.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,392 of 12,862
i have the oppo pm3 what able can i buy to use for balanced

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,395 of 12,862
Sony Hong Kong delayed shipment to 10 of November. I don't know if accessoryjack is affected by this.

If HK Sony has delayed shipment, then AJ will also delay delivery for HK stock.

I'm just wondering why amazon JP hasn't shipped mine out, i't not like Sony Japan is shortage in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back