Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 16, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #1,292 of 12,862
It's alright not too long, but you might wanna buy a custom short on if you wanna strap them together.
That's exactly what i meant. A custom cable. Most of them are insanely expensive though.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #1,294 of 12,862
But that's the simplest way to work with a PC

for phone, may try with this "WMP-NWM10" adapter + a OTG cable
not 100% proven, but worked with my Xperia X performance and "Music Center" apps
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/WMP-NWM10/
Thank you.
i think ill have to go with that. But i dont know how much i will use this as a DAC. Good to have the option though.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,295 of 12,862
Thank you.
i think ill have to go with that. But i dont know how much i will use this as a DAC. Good to have the option though.

BTW, walkman do have another cable "WMC-NWC10"
it marks "power transfer cable" for you to use your walkman as power bank
don't know if it can work as an OTG and apply the USB-DAC functions with phones
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/WMC-NWC10/

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #1,297 of 12,862
how much did this cost you from sony china...how does it sound?..

It was approximately $450USD + shipping from my friend in China to me. Haven't had a chance to listen yet. Just returned from vacation and need to get caught up on things.

Edit: That price included the Sony leather case...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #1,298 of 12,862
Accessoryjack opened preorder again and they will ship it out in 14 days from today, people how already placed preorder about 2 weeks ago will get higher priority and people who bought them with express shipping will get them shipped out on the day they get them
God damn it, I'm away from home now with my Visa left there (I only use it for online shopping). Hope there'll be some left when I get back in three hours...

Unless I can use Amazon pay, but I doubt it. And my paypal is currently blocked because I crossed a certain spendings threshold and now need to confirm my identity...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,299 of 12,862
But that's the simplest way to work with a PC

for phone, may try with this "WMP-NWM10" adapter + a OTG cable
not 100% proven, but worked with my Xperia X performance and "Music Center" apps
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/WMP-NWM10/

Just order one for £10 off ebay. Can use to connect to my Z5 compact with my Penon silver short OTG cable (if it works, not too much cash to risk).

Translated from Japanese description seems promising :

Features

• Convert micro USB plug to WM - PORT plug
• Charging the "WALKMAN" with the charger included in the smartphone
Can connect "WALKMAN" and PC with micro USB cable

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,301 of 12,862
Just did some more google on that WMC-NWC10 cable
From amazon.jp, a user reviewed it as following
http://amzn.asia/i9b7AEP

RHAのポータブルヘッドホンアンプと接続して使用しております。
(Connecting with my RHA portable headphone amplifier right now)
音質については不明ですが、悪くなったりはしないので満足です。
(not some bad impact on sound quality I notice so feel like a good purchase for me)​

So I guess it works for smartphone?

31MegeIGmCL._SX450_.jpg

Just order one for £10 off ebay. Can use to connect to my Z5 compact with my Penon silver short OTG cable (if it works, not too much cash to risk).

Translated from Japanese description seems promising :

Features

• Convert micro USB plug to WM - PORT plug
• Charging the "WALKMAN" with the charger included in the smartphone
Can connect "WALKMAN" and PC with micro USB cable

This adapter is very useful and I own one too
can transfer file also change with any USB micro cable
I use it more than the original walkman cable

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,302 of 12,862
I've finally realised what being an Audiophile is all about ! Its trying to get bits of kit working together with various adapters, dongles, cables etc. :smile_phones:

For my Shure SE846's alone I have a standard cable, remote/mic cable, 2.5mm balanced cable, ifi IEMatch noise reducer and soon a 2.5mm to 4.2mm adapter and also a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter !!!

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #1,303 of 12,862
God damn it, I'm away from home now with my Visa left there (I only use it for online shopping). Hope there'll be some left when I get back in three hours...

Unless I can use Amazon pay, but I doubt it. And my paypal is currently blocked because I crossed a certain spendings threshold and now need to confirm my identity...
Don't worry too much, they have easy access to sony stock so you probably will get one without a problem

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,304 of 12,862
I've finally realised what being an Audiophile is all about ! Its trying to get bits of kit working together with various adapters, dongles, cables etc. :smile_phones:

For my Shure SE846's alone I have a standard cable, remote/mic cable, 2.5mm balanced cable, ifi IEMatch noise reducer and soon a 2.5mm to 4.2mm adapter and also a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter !!!
It's 4.4mm btw not 4.2 :)

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,305 of 12,862
Just placed a order with amazon jp for about USD 605

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back