Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 15, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #1,202 of 12,862
Will try the EQ function if I get the demo unit again

but on WM1A/Z, it also only have EQ 1, 2, 3 on the list
which all are "flat" and user can tune and save it
later click the saved EQ will load the setting, had you tried it?

I know what you mean, I can find the setting to save the EQ presets, but just nowhere to find a place can load these presets back.

Could you show me where you can load the EQ presets in WM1A/1Z? Thanks

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #1,203 of 12,862
sony.JPG

Just got the japanese version in black with the leather case yesterday. Very slick and premium finished device. The case protects the player perfectly.

Soundwise, both outputs deliver an impactful and detailed sound. Good soundstage as well. No harshness or sibilance at all, at least for me who is allergic to those sound characteristics. The device is just 10 hours old, so I'll need to switch headphones and IEMs before telling how it sounds compared to the 2nd DAP I own, a FiiO X5III + A5 combo.

No problem as well with the 128GB SD Card. This player is super portable and sounds really good so far. Finally, japanese language is not an obstacle, because the user manual in english is available (eBay seller sent it to me).

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #1,205 of 12,862
Is there also english language in the japanese version default available?
No, japanese only. But as I said, it might not be an absolute deal breaker as the menus are pretty intuitive and the user manual in english allows you to organize your music and your settings as you wish. I know that it's a no-go for a lot of people and it's understandable. But for me, it doesn't matter.

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #1,206 of 12,862
No, japanese only. But as I said, it might not be an absolute deal breaker as the menus are pretty intuitive and the user manual in english allows you to organize your music and your settings as you wish. I know that it's a no-go for a lot of people and it's understandable. But for me, it doesn't matter.
If you want you can change it tho. If you change the destination code with the nwdesttool to the tourist one you can choose between multiple languages.

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #1,207 of 12,862

Just got the japanese version in black with the leather case yesterday. Very slick and premium finished device. The case protects the player perfectly.

Soundwise, both outputs deliver an impactful and detailed sound. Good soundstage as well. No harshness or sibilance at all, at least for me who is allergic to those sound characteristics. The device is just 10 hours old, so I'll need to switch headphones and IEMs before telling how it sounds compared to the 2nd DAP I own, a FiiO X5III + A5 combo. The Sony seems to be limited on power in comparison with high impedance gears, but it has enough guts to drive a large amount of headphones out there.

No problem as well the 128GB SD Card. This player is really portable and sounds really good so far. Finally, japanese language is not an obstacle, because the user manual in english is available (eBay seller sent it to me).
You need to set the output to high gain whenever you use high impedance headphones, there is an option for that.

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,208 of 12,862
If you want you can change it tho. If you change the destination code with the nwdesttool to the tourist one you can choose between multiple languages.
Thanks. Sorry to seem unaware of how it works, but could you more specific about I can do it?

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #1,209 of 12,862
Thanks. Sorry to seem unaware of how it works, but could you more specific about I can do it?
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool Here is the link at "
Changing destination settings and sound pressure regulation" you can just read it up.
Basically you need to download 2 files, connect your walkman and typ 1 line into the command prompt.

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,210 of 12,862
Oct 15, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,211 of 12,862
You need to set the output to high gain whenever you use high impedance headphones, there is an option for that.
Alright, thanks

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,212 of 12,862
Oct 15, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,214 of 12,862

https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool Here is the link at "
Changing destination settings and sound pressure regulation" you can just read it up.
Basically you need to download 2 files, connect your walkman and typ 1 line into the command prompt.
Using a MacBook, none of the files functioned. Did you make the manipulation yourself with a ZX300? Did it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back