Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 1, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #11,191 of 12,862
Cannot be more clear than this
You're mistaken. Clarity can be further improved with a Tier 5 firmware. Soundstage improves as well, with reduced echo effect.

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #11,193 of 12,862
Hi guys, anybody use ZX-300 as a transport for integrated amplifie?,I see there is no Line Out,any damages for player if I will use more than 90+ on the volume? I have integrated amplifier Bryston B60R for this application.Thanks in advance.

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #11,194 of 12,862
Hi guys, anybody use ZX-300 as a transport for integrated amplifie?,I see there is no Line Out,any damages for player if I will use more than 90+ on the volume? I have integrated amplifier Bryston B60R for this application.Thanks in advance.

No, why would it? If anything, inputting it into a line-in is probably even better considering that almost no current is used here.

Maximum voltage RMS is 1.789 V, with a peak of 2.530 V with the balanced. Halve that for unbalanced.

Balanced is capable of driving a line-out signal and you might even have to turn the volume down a bit as the line-out maximum peak voltage is 2.0 V.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #11,195 of 12,862
Will do! Just be advised that I tend to not hear/be impressed by the differences between sources, while at the same time being very picky about headphones. You can interpret that any way you like. :)
Redcarmoose on this forum, said he upgraded the firmware of his TA, maybe you can comment on if there are any audible improvements after the update? Thanks a bunch sir.

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #11,196 of 12,862
Redcarmoose on this forum, said he upgraded the firmware of his TA, maybe you can comment on if there are any audible improvements after the update? Thanks a bunch sir.
I can comment if I think there are audible improvements, but my opinion will not be any more valuable than that of @Redcarmoose, as they're both just impressions. There isn't a lot of interest on the forums for verifying these impressions, either by way of man or machine. But I digress. :)
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't get the TA before the start of the weekend. I guess there are more important shipments these days.

Btw, are you interested in the zx300, the ier-z1r or the ta-zh1es?

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #11,197 of 12,862
Hello

I just bought this cable for my zx300

WMC-NWH10
WMC_NWH10.jpg

I try with my mojo, ibasso dc01, e1daS, iDSD micro BL and they dont work as external dac....
It seems that zx300 can't transfer music via usb output.

Can someone confirm ?
Has someone managed to make this cable works ?
Maybe a setting on the zx300 ?

Thanks for the reply

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #11,198 of 12,862
I can comment if I think there are audible improvements, but my opinion will not be any more valuable than that of @Redcarmoose, as they're both just impressions. There isn't a lot of interest on the forums for verifying these impressions, either by way of man or machine. But I digress. :)
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't get the TA before the start of the weekend. I guess there are more important shipments these days.

Yes, for me updating the TA to 1.03 was a change to a more even playback. The early firmwares were not bad but the TA was always especially dark. It was strange as the whole community talked about how the Walkmans would get a slightly different playback character on every update even though it was never officially stated by Sony. The last month or more has had multitudes of posts describing the differences of how firmwares sound in the Walkmans. So all of a sudden I wondered what firmware my TA had. I downloaded 1.03 then hooked a Windows computer up and updated. I actually was on old firmware but failed to take note exactly which firmware was in it.

Sony provides both 1.00 and 1.03 now but has not kept updates for 1.02 or 1.01 available for download. This behavior has been typical for Sony. But I’m still laughingly the only owner who thinks his TA changed. Oh...well.

It’s especially noticeable on one pair of IEMs I own and relatively noticeable as a change for the better on the rest of my IEMs and headphones, though small.

It will be interesting if the ZX300 can hook-up to the TA. It has the Walkman port? I guess you’ll just have to try it. Also when you hook your TA up to verify firmware it will need to be on “PC (USB B)” in.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #11,199 of 12,862
Hello

I just bought this cable for my zx300

WMC-NWH10
WMC_NWH10.jpg

I try with my mojo, ibasso dc01, e1daS, iDSD micro BL and they dont work as external dac....
It seems that zx300 can't transfer music via usb output.

Can someone confirm ?
Has someone managed to make this cable works ?
Maybe a setting on the zx300 ?

Thanks for the reply

Worked with the RME ADI-2 DAC and the Chord Mojo when I used it at a store. Didn't do any setting on it: just unplugged the headphone jacks and it was good go to. I noticed that there was a bit of a delay before the music actually started playing, around a second.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #11,200 of 12,862
I noticed that there was a bit of a delay before the music actually started playing, around a second.
A sign of buffering happening on the DAC?

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #11,201 of 12,862

I just finished school started working full time. And I just want to buy endgame stuff, so I do not keep wasting money (or at least attempt to.) Interested in zx300, wm1a, ier-z1r, and zx507.
But due to some reviews I read of the horrible battery life of the zx507 because of android, I'm less inclined to go for the zx507.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #11,202 of 12,862
Worked with the RME ADI-2 DAC and the Chord Mojo when I used it at a store. Didn't do any setting on it: just unplugged the headphone jacks and it was good go to. I noticed that there was a bit of a delay before the music actually started playing, around a second.
I retry with another cable.
I restart the zx300.
And change the connection order
And it works with the mojo and the iDSD micro BL.

Doesnt work with E1DA, ibasso DC01 and encore mDAC.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #11,203 of 12,862
I just finished school started working full time. And I just want to buy endgame stuff, so I do not keep wasting money (or at least attempt to.) Interested in zx300, wm1a, ier-z1r, and zx507.
But due to some reviews I read of the horrible battery life of the zx507 because of android, I'm less inclined to go for the zx507.

Very wise. Take every review with a pinch of salt and unless you want extras there's no reason to keep changing a good DAP. I couldn't hear a difference between the Opus#2 and a much more expensive player which everyone raves about.
Spend more on an iem or headphones as they're key to good sound imo.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #11,204 of 12,862
Very wise. Take every review with a pinch of salt and unless you want extras there's no reason to keep changing a good DAP. I couldn't hear a difference between the Opus#2 and a much more expensive player which everyone raves about.
Spend more on an iem or headphones as they're key to good sound imo.
I heard a huge difference between the Opus#2 and the ZX-300 and WM-1A

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #11,205 of 12,862

The ZX507's battery life is 'bad' because of the ZX300's existence. Without it, it still clears the floor of any other DAP.

If you want to buy endgame stuff, focus on your headphones first. Put it this way: which component will change the most if you blind test it?

Otherwise, if you're in it for creature comforts, a DAP is an excellent way to scratch that itch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back