Sony NW-ZX300
Aug 10, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #10,336 of 12,862
Hey all, new owner of a zx300.
I used to rip all my cds to .wav using itunes which arranges them into a folder named music, subfolders with artists, subfolders with albums, and filenames as the track number followed by the song title.
Was wondering if there was an easy way to convert these files to another format (mp3 or flac etc) with info attached (artist, album etc), as well as cover art from the existing .wav collection without tagging each file individually, or re-ripping every cd...
Half my itunes library has disappeared so everything I've bought in the last few years disappeared from the library. If I try to re-import those songs into the library, it doesn't recognise it's own file arrangement and I just get a million "01 track name" then a million "02 track name" etc. Doesn't have artist, title, or album art. I converted the half of the library that's there to 320k mp3, but there is no album art on the zx300. Just tried re-ripping a cd in .flac with foobar and still no album art... Not that I really want to re-rip a few hundred cds either.

Aug 10, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #10,337 of 12,862
I used to rip all my cds to .wav using itunes which arranges them into a folder named music, subfolders with artists, subfolders with albums, and filenames as the track number followed by the song title.
Was wondering if there was an easy way to convert these files to another format (mp3 or flac etc) with info attached (artist, album etc), as well as cover art from the existing .wav collection without tagging each file individually, or re-ripping every cd...
Half my itunes library has disappeared so everything I've bought in the last few years disappeared from the library. If I try to re-import those songs into the library, it doesn't recognise it's own file arrangement and I just get a million "01 track name" then a million "02 track name" etc. Doesn't have artist, title, or album art. I converted the half of the library that's there to 320k mp3, but there is no album art on the zx300. Just tried re-ripping a cd in .flac with foobar and still no album art... Not that I really want to re-rip a few hundred cds either.
New ZX300 owner here as well and faced a similar issue. I got the free trial period DBpoweramp and gave that a try. I re-ripped all my CDs using this (took forever) but will never use iTunes again !!!!
99% of album art was found and probably closer to 99.9% lol
So far all the rips I’ve listened to have been perfect unlike iTunes where occasionally it would sound like it was recorded from an old long wave radio with a mic in a tin can in another room !!!!
I’m pretty sure the 21 days has passed but still able to use it for ripping CDs.
Goodbye iTunes :L3000:

Aug 10, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #10,338 of 12,862

I use dBPoweramp - preserves tags from FLAC to MP3, so I don't see why it won't work for WAV to MP3/FLAC.

It's a very powerful program: you can set it to export to another folder while preserving the folder structure you sourced it from.

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #10,339 of 12,862

Yes, I use dBPoweramp as well. It has a file converter. (You might also find a free file converter online.)

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #10,340 of 12,862
I used to rip all my cds to .wav using itunes which arranges them into a folder named
https://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/ Is what I use.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #10,342 of 12,862
New ZX300 owner here as well and faced a similar issue. I got the free trial period DBpoweramp and gave that a try. I re-ripped all my CDs using this (took forever) but will never use iTunes again !!!!
99% of album art was found and probably closer to 99.9% lol
So far all the rips I’ve listened to have been perfect unlike iTunes where occasionally it would sound like it was recorded from an old long wave radio with a mic in a tin can in another room !!!!
I’m pretty sure the 21 days has passed but still able to use it for ripping CDs.
Goodbye iTunes :L3000:

My AIFF ripped CD’s sound very good via iTunes. What file format were you originally ripping via iTunes and what with the DBpoweramp?
If it is that good I might try it.

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #10,343 of 12,862
My AIFF ripped CD’s sound very good via iTunes. What file format were you originally ripping via iTunes and what with the DBpoweramp?
If it is that good I might try it.
I started with ALAC, then WAV and used an app to convert to FLAC. Either way DBPoweramp is just so much easier, faster, more options, more accurate and you’ll get the artwork every time. I’m terrible with computers so I just want something that is quick and simple.
You may think iTunes is good, I did until I used DBpoweramp. Give it a try :smile_phones:

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #10,344 of 12,862
Thank you, but has anyone tried it with LDAC Headphones including the SONY WH1000XM3?

Yes with the WH1000XM3 and the MUC-M2BT1. Supports both adaptive and high-quality LDAC modes.

If you want the ZX300 for its LDAC capabilities mainly (especially for the WH1000XM3), frankly I think that's a waste of potential.

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #10,345 of 12,862
Yes with the WH1000XM3 and the MUC-M2BT1. Supports both adaptive and high-quality LDAC modes.

If you want the ZX300 for its LDAC capabilities mainly (especially for the WH1000XM3), frankly I think that's a waste of potential.

No it would be additional. My main headphones are Focal Clear, but looking at a IER M7 for ZX300.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #10,347 of 12,862
How is ZX300 as an input to Sony TA-ZH1ES? I have the Sony TA-ZH1ES which currently only use with my TV - optical out.
The DAC section of the TA-ZH1ES is significant upgrade over the DAC section in the ZX300. So it would be a great input.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #10,349 of 12,862
Thank you,
‘Do connect it with the proprietary Sony cable?
Originally I did but now I have the Sony dock and use the PC-USB input.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #10,350 of 12,862
Happy to report that, after formatting my SD card within the player, all my playlist issues have been resolved completely. I can now edit playlists without doing the add/delete loop.

Moreover, seems like I'm copying files much faster: around 10-20 MB/s as opposed to 1-3 MB/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back