1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572
574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583
Next

Last
  1. JerryHead
    Thanks actually everything
    Thanks actually everything you said was very helpful. I have 50 hours on there too, but I’m a little hesitant to use up 150 more hours unnecessarily as Iknow the battery doesn’t last forever. I AM tempted though! LOL!

2. JerryHead
    When you left it playing for a week, can you tell us what sound level you left it on?

3. Hoka Hey
    High gain, around 80. I burned in the new 4.4 cable at the same time.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the batteries lifespan. Set the battery saver feature. It only allows the battery to charge to 90%, even plugged in. I figure lifespan is 5-10 years, and chances are technology or my tastes will change before the battery dies. (And yes, I’ve been reading the 1A/1Z thread)

If the zx300 proves to be the love of your life, track down a spare battery for installation in the future. 1A/1Z batteries are about 70.00. Can’t imagine the zx300 battery costs more.

4. pr0b3r
    Every time you delete on a mac, the garbage stores up in a hidden trash folder in the storage itself. I always use CleanMyMac's Trash Bin feature to empty such folders. It will automatically clean up trash folders of every storage devices that are connected to your mac.

Lurk650 and superuser1 like this.
  5. JerryHead
    So should I keep my Shure iems attached to the cable during that week that I have it running at 80% volume? Or should I pop them off to avoid unnecessary wear?

6. Hoka Hey
    Leave the phones attached. You need the electrical resistance they provide for the process to be effective.

7. tolisgtr
    I need some insight on this, is there any place online where I could buy a ZX300 battery for future piece of mind?

8. pr0b3r
    This. Please chime in if anyone knows anything regarding battery replacement and/or other parts of the DAP.

9. Hoka Hey
    I didn’t bookmark it, but there is a link to a retailer somewhere back in the 500+ pages of this thread. Music Sanctuary in Singapore does battery replacement and upgrades on the Sony 1A/1Z, so I would assume they could do the zx300 also.

10. kms108
    Only the Sony service centre can provide the repair, in Japan I purchased a lot of spare parts for my ZX2 directly from Sony, from the headphone copper cap, micro sd cover, back leather cover to WM port, the battery is the only parts you have to have in house repair, they won't sell the battery or any thing that require soldering.

tolisgtr likes this.
  11. purk Contributor
    You must really love the ZX2 then. I do as well. The ZX2 tonally is closer to WM1Z compared to the 1A & ZX300....just less driving power and not as much musical details.

Tawek and kms108 like this.
  12. kms108
    I even had my Ex1000 re-terminated to Pentaconn TRRS in November, I got all the spares I need, just no battery.

I think it even sounds better that my ZX300 on balanced.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  13. Ryokan
    I really wouldn't worry about the battery guys. My J3 is still going in the car, well over 10 years old. This player will go 5 years+ by that time you'll be hankering after something else.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  14. Leetransform25
    How does the High Gain feature work? I know that it's main function is to boost the audio volume, but is there any other difference in SQ? Are there any kind of drawbacks such as noise grain or battery life?

15. Shane D
    It will definitely shorten your battery life! But the sound is "fuller" and it is SO worth it.

Shane D

Leetransform25 likes this.
First

Back
563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572
574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583
Next

Last