Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #7,756 of 12,862
I don’t have any bluetooth headsets or speakers so can someone explain this LDAC feature for Bluetooth?
From my understanding, is it pairing Hi Res files between both LDAC components without loss of quality? Meaning that DSD will play DSD between both sources.

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #7,757 of 12,862
I don’t have any bluetooth headsets or speakers so can someone explain this LDAC feature for Bluetooth?
From my understanding, is it pairing Hi Res files between both LDAC components without loss of quality? Meaning that DSD will play DSD between both sources.
LDAC is an audio coding technology developed by Sony, which allows streaming audio over Bluetooth connections up to 990 kbit/s at 24 bit/96 kHz.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #7,759 of 12,862
Hi,
I am still getting problems with music files not showing up right on the ZX300. I have been using mp3tag, so thank you @superuser1 .. I have been able to fix most problems with mp3tag, although it I don't like having to delete the duet artists. Not the mp3tag's fault, just Sony.

However I have one album that has the artist clearly labelled, but shows up under 'Unknown' on the ZX300.

Not Too Late by Norah Jones looks like this in mp3tag.
ZX300 files not showing..png

As you can see the Artist is listed.

However here's a photo of how it copied onto the ZX300. (Sorry it's blurred but flash just blasted it out.)
DSC05667.JPG

You can see there is not Artist listed at the top. It's under Unknown folder.

I think I need to put the artist in front of the track names. I will try that later and report back.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #7,760 of 12,862
You can't edit WAV files, you have to convert to DSF first, then use mp3tag. you can use Tascam hi res editor to convert.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #7,762 of 12,862
@GreenBow I think the problem may be that tags for WAV files are not standard (maybe/possibly), so it then depends on the reader how to interpret them. And I have no idea how the ZX300 likes to have tags for WAV files (or if it even supports them). You may be better off by converting the WAV files to a different format, like FLAC or something else, then tag those and use those in the ZX300

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #7,764 of 12,862
If I update to latest firmware will I lose my uncapped volume region setting and have to go through rockbox to set it again?

Oct 5, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #7,765 of 12,862
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but the New firmware also added the ability to add playlists, unless it was added in an earlier update, the UI is significantly faster, and I am still getting delay when using the USB DAC to watch videos on Mac

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #7,767 of 12,862
After having Sony DAPs for the past several years playlists are quite new to me - is anyone able to please tell me the advantages of playlists over bookmark lists?

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #7,769 of 12,862
Does the update do anything for the sound quality.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #7,770 of 12,862
You can't edit WAV files, you have to convert to DSF first, then use mp3tag. you can use Tascam hi res editor to convert.

@GreenBow I think the problem may be that tags for WAV files are not standard (maybe/possibly), so it then depends on the reader how to interpret them. And I have no idea how the ZX300 likes to have tags for WAV files (or if it even supports them). You may be better off by converting the WAV files to a different format, like FLAC or something else, then tag those and use those in the ZX300

Thank you.
When I googled this, one of the first links was about this, and related to the ZX100N. It did say something about needing to convert to another format other than WAV. E.g. FLAC. I am going to try my idea first, to put the artist name in front of the track name though.

(NB. The Katie Tunstall album that I was looking at in mp3tag, is listed un Unknown Artist. Whereas the Norah Jones is listed under Unknown.)

Damned inconvenient though. Quite a bit of admin to do on these files. ... I love the player though. I took the bus to town today, and having my album of choice was excellent. Sound quality is very good. (I only notice that it's not top deck sound, after coming from Mojo or Hugo 2. Unless I am listening critically.)

(Whereas previously I was struggling with iPod Shuffle. Only had four albums on it because I could not fight on with iTunes any longer.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back