1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
Next

Last
  1. Mathieulh
  2. GreenBow
    Hi,
    I am still getting problems with music files not showing up right on the ZX300. I have been using mp3tag, so thank you @superuser1 .. I have been able to fix most problems with mp3tag, although it I don't like having to delete the duet artists. Not the mp3tag's fault, just Sony.

However I have one album that has the artist clearly labelled, but shows up under 'Unknown' on the ZX300.

Not Too Late by Norah Jones looks like this in mp3tag.
    ZX300 files not showing..png

As you can see the Artist is listed.

However here's a photo of how it copied onto the ZX300. (Sorry it's blurred but flash just blasted it out.)
    DSC05667.JPG

You can see there is not Artist listed at the top. It's under Unknown folder.

I think I need to put the artist in front of the track names. I will try that later and report back.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    superuser1 likes this.
  3. kms108
    You can't edit WAV files, you have to convert to DSF first, then use mp3tag. you can use Tascam hi res editor to convert.

4. DONTGIVEUP
    Thanks didn’t go in-depth into all this as I get annoyed always having to charge all these electronics.

With all this updates it would be interesting to pair zx300 with wm and vice versa

5. geagle
    @GreenBow I think the problem may be that tags for WAV files are not standard (maybe/possibly), so it then depends on the reader how to interpret them. And I have no idea how the ZX300 likes to have tags for WAV files (or if it even supports them). You may be better off by converting the WAV files to a different format, like FLAC or something else, then tag those and use those in the ZX300

6. NoMythsAudio
    Deleted. Sorry.

7. Dizzle77
    If I update to latest firmware will I lose my uncapped volume region setting and have to go through rockbox to set it again?

8. AvijitSingh
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but the New firmware also added the ability to add playlists, unless it was added in an earlier update, the UI is significantly faster, and I am still getting delay when using the USB DAC to watch videos on Mac

9. magisterarus
    No, it remains unchanged.

10. Hinomotocho
    After having Sony DAPs for the past several years playlists are quite new to me - is anyone able to please tell me the advantages of playlists over bookmark lists?

11. Muzslya
    Firmware Update version 2.00 for ZX300 just killed my Chord Mojo/Poly after adding the Bluetooth Receiver funktion. Now I can listen Tidal on NW-ZX300 wirelessly.

IMG_20181005_104533.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  12. kms108
    Does the update do anything for the sound quality.

13. GreenBow
    Thank you.
    When I googled this, one of the first links was about this, and related to the ZX100N. It did say something about needing to convert to another format other than WAV. E.g. FLAC. I am going to try my idea first, to put the artist name in front of the track name though.

(NB. The Katie Tunstall album that I was looking at in mp3tag, is listed un Unknown Artist. Whereas the Norah Jones is listed under Unknown.)

Damned inconvenient though. Quite a bit of admin to do on these files. ... I love the player though. I took the bus to town today, and having my album of choice was excellent. Sound quality is very good. (I only notice that it's not top deck sound, after coming from Mojo or Hugo 2. Unless I am listening critically.)

(Whereas previously I was struggling with iPod Shuffle. Only had four albums on it because I could not fight on with iTunes any longer.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    kms108 likes this.
  14. Lookout57
    Why don't you just convert everything to FLAC which supports ID3 tags? You will also save a significant amount of space on the ZX-300 with no loss in sound quality,

15. Sarcasmo
    - You can name playlists to whatever you want.
    - You can create as many playlists as you want (only 10 Bookmark lists I believe)
    - If you're happy to do so, you can create a playlist on a PC and move the playlist file to the /MUSIC folder on the SD card (can save time)

First

Back
508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
Next

Last