Sony NW-ZX300
Mar 22, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #5,776 of 12,862
I was considering t

I was considering that Mee set but had read reviews commenting on quality so I thought I'd play it safe spending

Was that the Mee cable w/adapters set? I considered that one until I read a couple if reviews regarding quality - at least having those adapters will be useful

Yep the mee cable set, but they only fit the mee cable.

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #5,777 of 12,862
I've solved the problem guys.

Untitled-1.jpg

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #5,778 of 12,862
Please excuse any double quote, jumbled posts - sometimes I don't notice when posting from my phone's squeezed text input box that it has saved a reply I had started earlier

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #5,779 of 12,862
Mar 22, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #5,780 of 12,862
Yep the mee cable set, but they only fit the mee cable.
Of course they don't fit anything else, silly me - reckon you can get a refund, must still be under warranty?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #5,781 of 12,862
The Musashino might be a bit pricey if he's after a new cable as well. I bought the 3.5mm to 4.4mm Musashino adapter which has so far cost ¥8000 each time I've used it ie. once

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #5,782 of 12,862
I personally have a cheap adapter from Penon and a ibasso CA02. Works well for me as i dont use it too much on the go.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #5,783 of 12,862
I personally have a cheap adapter from Penon and a ibasso CA02. Works well for me as i dont use it too much on the go.

I ordered the Penon one and one from Amazon, so I can use it while waiting for the Penon one, then return it :smiling_imp: The akt8ie cables are kind of crappily built so I might eventually try a Sony cable or Musashino, their cables look really nice.

I would also like to apologize in advance for the stupid things I will Shirley do and say. Also I would like to apologize for just being downright lame :wink:

Having a ZX300 though makes me somewhat less lame :)

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #5,785 of 12,862
No refund, past the 30 days, now a 2.5 plug will kind of fit in their adaptors, but you have to turn it a certain direction or the sound will cut out. Weird.
bad feedback would be appropriate if they're of poor quality

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #5,786 of 12,862
bad feedback would be appropriate if they're of poor quality

Well the cables themselves are thick and robust, but the mmcx connectors are not that great. Both pairs of stock cable connectors fit very solid in the Beyer, problem is the right side of the 3.5 cable has already started to short! That's right on 900 dollar iems the cable is unravelling at the stress relief on the right side and shorting out after 3 days?

Lol I will call pro sound and audio and bitch. Oh but the iems themselves seem built very nicely and sound so f'ing good and are so comfortable I could be happy for a long time. Just like with that playboy bunny that marries you for your money, you will ride that horse for as long as you can :wink:

Anyways your right, I can't recommend the mee audio cable and adapters, they shorted on my orivetti and these beyers. Funny thing is they never shorted on the 'cheap' IT01s, but oh after listening to the beyers, well there is no going back!

Maybe I will contact mee audio and see if they will send another set out, maybe the left mmcx connector wouldn't be so loose. I could only give them 3 out of 5 stars for now, and that's bring generous!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #5,787 of 12,862
Well the cables themselves are thick and robust, but the mmcx connectors are not that great. Both pairs of stock cable connectors fit very solid in the Beyer, problem is the right side of the 3.5 cable has already started to short! That's right on 900 dollar iems the cable is unravelling at the stress relief on the right side and shorting out after 3 days?

Lol I will call pro sound and audio and bitch. Oh but the iems themselves seem built very nicely and sound so f'ing good and are so comfortable I could be happy for a long time. Just like with that playboy bunny that marries you for your money, you will ride that horse for as long as you can :wink:

Anyways your right, I can't recommend the mee audio cable and adapters, they shorted on my orivetti and these beyers. Funny thing is they never shorted on the 'cheap' IT01s, but oh after listening to the beyers, well there is no going back!

Maybe I will contact mee audio and see if they will send another set out, maybe the left mmcx connector wouldn't be so loose. I could only give them 3 out of 5 stars for now, and that's bring generous!
It was probably on either Amazon Japan or Kakaku.jp (can't find it now) that I had read reviews talking about dodgy connectors. I was tossing up between this or the Sony MUC-M12NB1 and the Musashino adapter, I wanted reliability so was happy to spend alot more

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #5,789 of 12,862
As others have said I am a bit nonplussed why we can buy the players with 4.4mm connectors, but have to hunt around for a cable. Asia gets a balanced cable bundled with some Sony iem's, we get only 3.5mm? What gives?
there's a bunch of 4.4mm cable. effect audio, sony, alo, brimar, acoustune have some. aliexpress have a lot.
ocharaku, senn 660s, sony z1r, dita to name some, all at least have options for 4.4mm.

there's only a handful of players that support it. give it some time.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #5,790 of 12,862
As others have said I am a bit nonplussed why we can buy the players with 4.4mm connectors, but have to hunt around for a cable. Asia gets a balanced cable bundled with some Sony iem's, we get only 3.5mm? What gives?
Yeah they should at least sell the standard mmcx cable and a couple of the WMPort adapters in regions where the players are sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back