Sony NW-ZX300
Mar 23, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #5,806 of 12,862
Cool, what I really like about the akt8ie's cable is that it's thin and has small stress relief mmcx connectors. It doesn't appear to be to robust though lol.
If you need more customization for say mmcx connectors etc you could get in touch with Brian (really great stuff)

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #5,807 of 12,862
You mean people struggling under Trump?

lol I didn't vote for the donald, and I didn't vote for the crook Hilary. I'll tell you a secret, it doesn't matter who the president here is, or what party is in power. It's big money and banking that runs the world, through Washington, London, Brusells, Berlin, etc etc . So the president here probably has less power than the queen.

Lobbiests have the power here, and they answer to giant mega corporations and the military industrial complex. The currency isn't backed up by anything anymore except b.s.. Don't worry the powers that be won't let Trump hit the nuke button yet. They have other more subtle ways to take out the undesirables.

Lol ok back to zx666 action.

I would also like to add (I'm sorry this is off topic but hey) that the American people are some of the most generous and good hearted people on earth especially in the south. They will give you the shirt off your back if you need it. People always lump the people with the politicians and their policies. Folks the people at the top tier of our government (and probably yours ) are a different breed, they have no empathy and are pawns to big money and do terrible things. I sometimes think David Icke is right and these people aren't human lol.

Donald Trump only got elected because the American people were so sick of politicians and the good paying manufacturing jobs have gone to Mexico and China. They believe Trump will help bring those jobs back especially in the Midwest where most of the steel, automotive and rubber factories were. He's a moron and doesn't have the power to really bring those changes, but hey people knew Hillary would be business as usual.

Anyways, I just wanted to say this because the Americans are hated throughout the world for their policies and I understand that and HATE them also. Unfortunately I have no power over the decisions and policies of my crooked, corrupt government and it's policies. If I were president I would close all our military bases all over the world and bring every soldier home and say look- sorry you guys are own your own, and no more foreign aid until we feed and shelter all the people in our own populace.Unfortunately no one with that mindset would or will ever be president here. Lots of money is made with these conflicts around the middle east and north Africa.

End rant.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #5,808 of 12,862
If you need more customization for say mmcx connectors etc you could get in touch with Brian (really great stuff)

Thanks much! Because I really love the tiny curved mmcx connectors on the beyer cable.

Also the akt8ie are amazing with the zx300. I couldn't ask for more from an iem or headphone. The strange thing about the zx300 is that is has a 'warm' ness to it but has really extended and airy treble so it plays nice with lots of stuff. I couldn't really call it 'warm' at all but it handles the low end great:)

When I listened to the cayin n5ii and the shanling m3 I thought the zx300 had more extended highs than both- and this was with the SE output. ( I didn't have a 4.4 balanced cable at the time) but honestly the balanced would eat these and my ibasso dx90 for lunch as far as detail and resolution on balanced out. Point is for the money you're getting a monster machine. I'm sure there are better, but they cost thousands more, and are they going to have the zx300's analog like sound and musicality? Idk? They will technically be better, but idk if they will sound better.

Also keep in mind on day 1 I wasn't that impressed with zx300, the treble was rough and sounded not detailed and extended and the bass was not impactful as I like and the sound stage sounded smallish. This honestly all changed after some hours on the unit.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #5,809 of 12,862
Thanks much! Because I really love the tiny curved mmcx connectors on the beyer cable.
I strongly suggest you shoot an email to brain and I have a feeling you will get what you are looking for.

On another note .. Long live capitalism!

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #5,810 of 12,862
Hi everyone,
Hope you’re all good :)
À little « off thread » but a question please:
I’m looking for « bassy » iem (i like bass and ear a lot of electro/techno..) for my Zx300, but with MMCX connectors..
I actualy own some Shure se425, but i find them poor in « bass »...
Anorher point i notice, with Bluetooth transmit the EQ serttings doesn’t change sound for me... only with cable... is it strange or is it me ^^ ?
Thanks for your advice guys... i have budget around 300/450€ for iem but i really want « bassy » sound

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #5,811 of 12,862
Hi everyone,
I’m looking for « bassy » iem (i like bass and ear a lot of electro/techno..) for my Zx300, but with MMCX connectors..
Anorher point i notice, with Bluetooth transmit the EQ serttings doesn’t change sound for me... only with cable... is it strange or is it me ^^ ?
Thanks for your advice guys... i have budget around 300/450€ for iem but i really want « bassy » sound
maybe have a listen to Campfire Polaris, I think they can fit into your budget if you buy used.

Mar 24, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #5,812 of 12,862
I like the earphones - I tried the Oriolus Forsteni and it is on my top 3 list to try again. They were doing a special edition with a nice copper cable with a 4.4mm plug

Me too, looks really nice! I'm looking for a nice balanced cable :wink: What pray tell is it?
The earphones are Oriolus Mk2 reshelled by Ambient Acoustics. They did an amazing job
The cable is from sliver, made by a polish guy JimmiDragon from forum.mp3store.pl
if you want you can reach out to both of them - they speak good English.

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #5,814 of 12,862
Hi everyone,
The Polaris have nice bass - the Sony XBA-Z5 or even the N3BP have really good bass

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #5,817 of 12,862
In my defense, if you search and find a post earlier in the thread, that person's opinion might have changed as their device or brain has burnt in, so it can be good to ask again, or you may get more input as other people may have experience.

Good point, I know my thoughts on hardware sometimes change, I personally don't give much credence to brain burn in but to device burn in, especially after 250+ hours regarding balanced out on my ZX.

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #5,818 of 12,862
Campfire Polaris balanced are a perfect fit for the ZX300.

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #5,819 of 12,862
Im so close to pulling the trigger on the Polaris but cant decide between it and the Lyra II. Using the TF10 I am not satisfied with the Bass response of BA drivers. (The TF10 has 3 BAs). I feel the Lyra II being a DD will have better bass?

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #5,820 of 12,862
Hi everyone,
This is not strange, it's a gimmick by Sony!
That's the reason for non buying by me. I own an 400 bucks LDAC headphone and the pre-decessor ZX100.. (it's working fine for me with my 100), but the new ZX300 does NOT support ANY sound correction (EQ, bass / treble / balance) via BT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back