Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 20, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #4,052 of 12,862
If the ZX300 was available in other colours, which would be your favourite?

qGRhTQr.jpg

looks like sony have gotten a good market share

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #4,053 of 12,862
Mines arriving in Monday . I choose it over fiio x7 II . I still can't find comparisons with the fiio and other daps like astel and kern ak 70 II though. And whats the dac on Sony anyway . I got it it sony's but should I take the s master hx is the dac actually . It seems like it is not just a chip as sabre for example. I have at the moment fiio x5 II and want this to be upgrade ,not downgrade .By the way mine was order from accessoryjack black version :)

No dac in a class d amp, the magic is in the LPF in the output stage.

Jan 20, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #4,057 of 12,862
Just buy a pack of crayola, you have all the colors you want.:wink:

cat-header-crayonSoldiers.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #4,060 of 12,862
And Bowers & Wilkins, and Revo. :)
And Naim, Cyrus, Quad, Linn, Roksan, Meridian, Musical Fidelity, Rega, Creek, Exposure, Arcam, Leema, Audiolab, Myryad, Kef, Graham Slee, Sme, Mission, Tannoy, Goldring, ATC, Cambridge, Spendor, Monitor, Audio, AE. Wharfdale...
... To name a few. We have a quite decent heritage in audio reproduction

Indeed it may come as a surprise to some but not all audio gear is American, Chinese (or even Japanese) :)

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #4,061 of 12,862
Jan 20, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #4,063 of 12,862
@AvijitSingh It uses standard SE 3.5mm TRS and as for the DAC mode using PC .. you need to turn on DAC mode on the main screen of the zx300 and connect it to the PC and everything should work as normal.

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #4,064 of 12,862
Correct, british audio has been well know for years, i like tube amps for the reproduction of natual and ballad music

Anyway, found the first mod for the ZX300, as my chinese isn't good, don't bother asking me how good it is, and what has been done.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...000&pvid=e4fedab3-e123-4c8a-96b3-7982806fc5ea

I love the sound so much after 200 hours I'd be afraid of any changes the mod might make. I mean I can't think of anything I'd like done better. Good deep fast bass- check, liquid and detailed mids- check, extended and detailed highs that are natural and not grainy- check, a nice wide and deep sound stage- check, insane layering and space and positioning- check. Excellent timing and prat and dynamics- check. Excellent natural timbre- check. All delivered in a very 3d ish but very cohesive way. In other words it's so easy to pick out separate instruments and vocals in their own 3d space, but it's still very easy to get lost in the song as a whole and not analytical at all. Very musical I guess you could say for want of a better term.

Ok I guess you get the point.

Oh maybe one thing, more output power. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back