Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #3,437 of 12,862
I've arrived in Japan a little disheartened recently learning that an English model is not sold here, I thought they usually cater for the tourists coming to worship this electronic Mecca. Bummer.
Anyway, moving right along, as I would be very nervous to do something wrong using the rockbox English tweak (I know it is probably easy) and because I am a hop skip and a jump from Hong Kong I was thinking of purchasing from there and getting it shipped.
If I buy from Hong Kong which version do they sell? Would that be the destination code E (English, uncapped)? Also can anyone please tell me if Accessory Jack is a good point of purchase, or recommend another dealer who will ship from Hong Kong?
I remember people saying that there were differences in the colourings of their jacks depending if they came from Japan or Hong Kong - are there any quality factors to consider between different country models I need to consider.
Apologies for the long post.

No differences in quality or the colour of the jacks, the jacks appear different colours in different light. Only difference is Japan model comes with port plugs and doesn't have ID sticker/plate on back. I recommend the Asian Pacific model and accessory jack highly.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #3,438 of 12,862
Has anyone purchased theirs from Accessory Jack? I just emailed Johnny about the version they are selling - he said it was an Asia pacific model and mentioned Korean language. Looking at the Rockbox destination code there is a KR Korean version with mulitlanguage, and there is the E Asia/Australia /NZ tourist version with mulitlanguage which may include Korean - can anyone please tell me which version is Accessory jack selling?
Is the RMT-NWS20 compatible with all versions of the ZX300?

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #3,439 of 12,862
Has anyone purchased theirs from Accessory Jack? I just emailed Johnny about the version they are selling - he said it was an Asia pacific model and mentioned Korean language. Looking at the Rockbox destination code there is a KR Korean version with mulitlanguage, and there is the E Asia/Australia /NZ tourist version with mulitlanguage which may include Korean - can anyone please tell me which version is Accessory jack selling?
Is the RMT-NWS20 compatible with all versions of the ZX300?

See above :) AJ sells the Asian Pacific model which has Korean language.Same beautiful unit, same beautiful sound. And you can even get the gorgeous black colour that you can't get here in Crazy land, the US. I Just ordered XBA N3BP from them for the stunning low price of 319 dollerz US and free shipping. My first 4.4 balanced, and the SE output sounds amazing. Johnny is who took care of me and is a good dude.

Plus they think I'm Donald trumps nephew, so I have that going for me :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #3,440 of 12,862
See above :) AJ sells the Asian Pacific model which has Korean language.Same beautiful unit, same beautiful sound. And you can even get the gorgeous black colour that you can't get here in Crazy land, the US.
Thank you sir - I just wanted to ensure that there were no fine details I was missing and going to regret the version I had gotten. I appreciate your help

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #3,441 of 12,862
Thank you sir - I just wanted to ensure that there were no fine details I was missing and going to regret the version I had gotten. I appreciate your help

No problem mate, my Belgium friend Partlys4int will also confirm it, but he's probably sleeping at this hour. :) Time Zones you know. I love my AP model, I set it to English and was ready to go. No volume limit - has high gain settings and remote support out of the box.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #3,443 of 12,862
is that a 4.4 from the dreadnoughts? I am going to review this Sony so a cable or adapter will help :)
Yes its a 4.4mm from them LZ branded (whatever thats supposed to mean) :)
Penon have an adapter for 2.5mm to 4.4mm

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #3,445 of 12,862
There are many adpaters and cables available, just type in what you are looking for.

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #3,447 of 12,862
Yep, thats one of the cheapest one available at reasonable quality, and looks ok.

Remember, do indicate whether you require ear hook or not.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #3,449 of 12,862
Dec 28, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,450 of 12,862
Seeking Advice.

Currently own a FiiO X5 III and FiiO A5 Amp. As I only listen to offline kept music file instead of online streaming, so Android is no needed.

Sound Quality Wise, Only on the SE output, will Sony ZX300 provide a noticeable upgrade over FiiO X5 III? Is the Sound Improvement worth buying it to replace FiiO X5III? Interested as FiiO X5 III didn't give me as much impression of changes in better sound quality comparing to Sound Blaster E3 (Is better on FiiO but not night and day). Thou demo a Chord Mojo briefly before and that is definitely night and day impression.

Current Audio Gear is: Etymotic ER4XR, Fidue A91 Sirius, HIFIMAN Edition S, Sony WI-1000X(Not really buying for LDAC since phone support LDAC), Sony XBA A1, VE Monk Plus, Audio Technica ATH M30X.

Unable to have the opportunities to test the device.

Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back