Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 4, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #332 of 12,862
Probably just like the WM1A/1Z, they use the same OS.

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #336 of 12,862
Given that the UK will no longer have to adhere to EU legislation (broadly, for better or worse) after April 2020, it's highly possible that we will start to get uncapped volume out of the box in the immediate future.
Apparently, we're not in the future yet unless you plan to wait till 2020, by that time probably on to ZX500:L3000:, probably have to decide now, EU, US, CN or tourist version.:ksc75smile:

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #343 of 12,862
I wounder if the ZX300 will sound better than the NW-WM1A ?

Technically - very unlikely. They already said they had to use the smaller and lesser quality components like the capacitors compared to the ones in the WM1 series as they are space confined. It seems the ZX300 is about priortising the physical size of the device first and then try to fit as much of the WM1 stuff inside as they could, and if they can't, they will compromise the quality for size. Whereas the WM1 series is the opposite - SQ above everything else.

Subjectively - who knows, you may very prefer the ZX300's tuning over the WM1A, that's a personal thing.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #344 of 12,862
Technically - very unlikely. They already said they had to use the smaller and lesser quality components like the capacitors compared to the ones in the WM1 series as they are space confined. It seems the ZX300 is about priortising the physical size of the device first and then try to fit as much of the WM1 stuff inside as they could, and if they can't, they will compromise the quality for size. Whereas the WM1 series is the opposite - SQ above everything else.

Subjectively - who knows, you may very prefer the ZX300's tuning over the WM1A, that's a personal thing.
I think I might go for this! It does cost less than WM1A so I can guess I can sacrifice some of SQ

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #345 of 12,862

Absolutely agree with you on that.
Does anyone know when sales are going to begin on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back