SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #14,701 of 14,755
What are you paired with? I paired mine with the Noble K10's and a double helix 8 braid cable - it's hard to beat. Sat for hours in 2019 in a shop in HK doing side by sides, and couldn't find anything that was pronounced enough to warrant an upgrade. Remarkable piece of kit, but i'm sure there's better now.
Sorry for the very long delay in replying. Unfortunately, I have been our the forum during several weeks.
If it's still useful, I usually pair the ZX2 with Sony's own XBA-N3 and it's a great match. Occasionally, I use it with the Shure SE846, but I don't take them with me on flights, which is my main use for the ZX2 these days. Although I've never tried the Noble K10 (would love to!), I'm sure it's a superior match.

Sep 24, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #14,702 of 14,755
It's really great on flights... I just don't fly so much anymore. Think i've decided to sell my ZX2, Noble K10 ciem, and double helix cable. What's the best place to do so? here, or is there somewhere else that is better for something like this?

Sep 24, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #14,703 of 14,755
It's really great on flights... I just don't fly so much anymore. Think i've decided to sell my ZX2, Noble K10 ciem, and double helix cable. What's the best place to do so? here, or is there somewhere else that is better for something like this?

eBay or here- other audio fora also have classifieds (for instance audiogon, or r/avexchange)
hifishark and devbrada.com/classifieds are useful search tool/aggregators, so any site they track- also good for getting a rough idea of what prices similar items are recently listed at

it seems like eBay can sometimes net better prices, but classifieds might have a better shot at generating interest (particularly for niche items like CIEMs) and also allow for for trades, in-person sales etc...

depending on where you live there might be more local-centric classifieds like canuck audio mart, or actual stores that trade in used electronics

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #14,705 of 14,755
Although I also own a WM1A, the ZX2 still gets a fair amount of use as a travel device. It's just completely useless if you want to stream.
Streaming works fine with Spotify, including downloaded content. The interface is slow, but it works great if you control it via a desktop or phone Spotify app.

If encountering problems, make sure settings / wifi / advanced / "wi-fi optimization" is off.

I sometimes stream Tidal to the ZX2 using BubbleUPNP.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #14,706 of 14,755
Streaming works fine with Spotify, including downloaded content. The interface is slow, but it works great if you control it via a desktop or phone Spotify app.

If encountering problems, make sure settings / wifi / advanced / "wi-fi optimization" is off.

I sometimes stream Tidal to the ZX2 using BubbleUPNP.
Thanks for the tips. Never got to use Spofity (or any other streaming service) much in ZX2 with downloaded content because, despite having found contrary experiences in the forum (and the corresponding instructions), I never managed to make it storage the content in the 128 GB memory nor in the SD card. Thus, I am limited to the meager 2 GB. Since I use it with local files of my own, that's not a deal breaker to me. Especially because most of the use is in planes.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #14,707 of 14,755
Thanks for the tips. Never got to use Spofity (or any other streaming service) much in ZX2 with downloaded content because, despite having found contrary experiences in the forum (and the corresponding instructions), I never managed to make it storage the content in the 128 GB memory nor in the SD card. Thus, I am limited to the meager 2 GB. Since I use it with local files of my own, that's not a deal breaker to me. Especially because most of the use is in planes.
You just change the storage setting in Spotify. It's not complicated. I have 20GB of device storage used by Spotify and no sd card.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #14,709 of 14,755
You just change the storage setting in Spotify. It's not complicated. I have 20GB of device storage used by Spotify and no sd card.
Hey, I just found the option in Spotify Lite, which I have installed recently. Thanks for the tip!

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #14,712 of 14,755
I still keep coming back to the ZX2, especially with Qobuz and local files. Slow UI by today's measures, but the sound quality is still top notch. Shut down all but the essential processes, works quite OK.
Agree. SQ is still quite excellent with easy-to-drive phones.. I mostly us3 it with IEM.

Dec 19, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #14,715 of 14,755
I still keep coming back to the ZX2, especially with Qobuz and local files. Slow UI by today's measures, but the sound quality is still top notch. Shut down all but the essential processes, works quite OK.

Yeah I still using my ZX2 till today and I just match it with the new Fiio FH7s and its fantastic :beyersmile::L3000:
Only if the device can work a bit faster haha especially on Spotify. I pray hard that Spotify please do not remove support for Android 4.x as I noticed I couldn't launch YouTube app as Google has remove support for Android 4.x so the YouTube app just couldn't work anymore...

Let's see how much longer can I hold on to this ZX2 :ksc75smile:.. if it does give way, then most likely will fall back to smaller and lesser complicated setup :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: a USB DAC for Phone maybe hahahaha....

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-19 at 15.18.52.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back