SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 22, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #14,717 of 14,755
Yeah I still using my ZX2 till today and I just match it with the new Fiio FH7s and its fantastic :beyersmile::L3000:
Only if the device can work a bit faster haha especially on Spotify. I pray hard that Spotify please do not remove support for Android 4.x as I noticed I couldn't launch YouTube app as Google has remove support for Android 4.x so the YouTube app just couldn't work anymore...

Let's see how much longer can I hold on to this ZX2 :ksc75smile:.. if it does give way, then most likely will fall back to smaller and lesser complicated setup :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: a USB DAC for Phone maybe hahahaha....

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-19 at 15.18.52.jpeg
Cool pic, great looking device! And I've always been curious about the FiiOs...my ZX2 is still holding on quite well. As a matter of fact, since I've been flying a lot lately, it's seen more usage than my WM1A...still loving the polished sound of the ZX2 as a nice player for all-round purposes.

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #14,718 of 14,755
Me too. 50% of the time, I am running Spotify but using the Spotify app on my phone to control playback. 40% of the time, I am running UPnPlay and streaming Tidal to the NX2. Occasionally I just carry it around and play a FLAC album.
Yes and the Spotify Lite is so much better running on this ageing ZX2 better than the full blown Spotify app which feels so much lag.
For me as my audio source are from Spotify, hence as long as ZX2 can still runs Spotify Lite... I can see myself still holding onto this device :beyersmile:

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #14,719 of 14,755
Yes and the Spotify Lite is so much better running on this ageing ZX2 better than the full blown Spotify app which feels so much lag.
For me as my audio source are from Spotify, hence as long as ZX2 can still runs Spotify Lite... I can see myself still holding onto this device :beyersmile:
I am not using any streaming anymore... to slow to my taste. However, a 400Gb card with all my old music is a great experience. Still a fan of the ZX2 (still a great battery life) :smile_phones:

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #14,721 of 14,755
I lost my ZX2 in a flight...I guess we got to the end of our love affair by accident. I'm using my WM1A for travel purposes these days, but I'd prefer something smaller. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've been looking into small DAPs from Shanling, for instance, but they all seem to me like a different, less polished experience overall. I'm also considering A306, but I've read about some shortcomings (occasional bass failures, no hi gain -not sure that I'd need that for my usage scenario). The ZX707 is tempting but expensive and it wouldn't be much of an advance in terms of portability, I guess. So any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #14,722 of 14,755
I lost my ZX2 in a flight...I guess we got to the end of our love affair by accident. I'm using my WM1A for travel purposes these days, but I'd prefer something smaller. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've been looking into small DAPs from Shanling, for instance, but they all seem to me like a different, less polished experience overall. I'm also considering A306, but I've read about some shortcomings (occasional bass failures, no hi gain -not sure that I'd need that for my usage scenario). The ZX707 is tempting but expensive and it wouldn't be much of an advance in terms of portability, I guess. So any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I think the size of Hiby RS2 would fit your need. But what would be better is to consider dongle-like DAC/AMP such as Luxury and Precision W2.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #14,723 of 14,755
Import the ZX707 from Amazon Japan is a really good solution or buy Ibasso DX240.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #14,724 of 14,755
I don't really ever use mine if you want to buy from me. I am a tidal user and the ZX2 has been unused since Tidal stopped working.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #14,725 of 14,755
I also have the ZX2 and the ZX300, I don't use it much, but I have my mind set on the NW ZX 500, I have consider the NW ZX 700, but too me it's rather cheaply made and rather big. now the ZX500 is considered cheaper, even if you buy from amazon.co.jp, it's tax free and cheap, I have a two weeks to decide, I have a trip to Japan on the 8th. might even buy from Japan.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #14,726 of 14,755
The ZX707 is superior sounding with much better battery life. The DSD mastering is just very impressive. I have both the ZX507 and ZX707, and I much prefer the ZX707 unless you want something very portable then go with the ZX507 with cash to spare. Oh, I have pretty much all the Sony DAPs dating back to the X series all the way to 1ZM2. Still have the X1060, A846, F807, ZX1, and ZX2 as well. I know it’s sad. The addiction is very real!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #14,727 of 14,755
The ZX707 is superior sounding with much better battery life. The DSD mastering is just very impressive. I have both the ZX507 and ZX707, and I much prefer the ZX707 unless you want something very portable then go with the ZX507 with cash to spare. Oh, I have pretty much all the Sony DAPs dating back to the X series all the way to 1ZM2. Still have the X1060, A846, F807, ZX1, and ZX2 as well. I know it’s sad. The addiction is very real!
haven't heard from you for a long time, I agree with you, but i still prefer the ZX500, the ZX700 doesn't cut it for me, just not into the boxy shape and large size, to me they all sound the same to me, with my ears.
Might also pick up a pair for IER-M9, I should have plenty of money spare on my trip to japan, I still have my old school in ear monitor EX 600, 800, 1000.

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #14,728 of 14,755
So sorry for your loss. I don't know of any more recent DAPs. I still use my ZX2 for traveling and burning in HPs.....

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #14,729 of 14,755
haven't heard from you for a long time, I agree with you, but i still prefer the ZX500, the ZX700 doesn't cut it for me, just not into the boxy shape and large size, to me they all sound the same to me, with my ears.
Might also pick up a pair for IER-M9, I should have plenty of money spare on my trip to japan, I still have my old school in ear monitor EX 600, 800, 1000.
Just don’t post much any more but I am still very addicted to Sony DAPs but I am also a big fan of iBasso. The ZX707 is a nice improvement in sound over the ZX507 to my ears. The 507 is a little bit brighter while ZX707 is warm and lusher with more robust bottom ends. Mine are all modified though. I will PM you my friend.

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #14,730 of 14,755
I think the size of Hiby RS2 would fit your need. But what would be better is to consider dongle-like DAC/AMP such as Luxury and Precision W2.
Thanks for your suggestions! I will look into tgr Hiby RS2. Not really into double DAC as I prefer not to use my phone for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back