SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 5, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #13,741 of 14,755
[COLOR=111111]so Hires will be even less.[/COLOR]

I would expect so yes, but no players except other Sony models come anywhere near this play time, most other players are in the 5-10 hour range per charge

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #13,742 of 14,755
Maybe.

I get 20-25 hours play between charges playing 16/44 flac in flight mode and have never been lower than about 10% left on the battery. Have not rebooted or turned of the player in over 1 1/2 years. Use the stock player and nothing else.

+1 .. same here.. it very efficient if you disable most apps. Airplane mode and stock player.. also imo stock player still sounds better over other android players as it can make full use of the HW

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #13,745 of 14,755
Is it just me or has the OS slowed down on the ZX2. Sony needs to update this OS soon.

I've always found it rubbish. I don't like Android anyway so I am biased against it, however I find the ZX2 laggy. I'm also getting severely frustrated as Qobuz, Amazon music and other apps are crashing all the time too.
So yes, I would like an update but Sony won't be doing one.....ever......ever.....

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #13,746 of 14,755
There is NOTHING wrong with Android, always used Android phones, which are smooth as butter, from my Note 4 to my Nexus5X to my Nexus 6 to my galaxy S7, or my Nexus 7 tablet,this is a Sony issue, they have a crap history of updating the software on their devices, the same apps like radio tunes and diradio open up in a flash in my other devices, except the ZX2, not saying they don't work on the ZX2, they do, but take at least 5 seconds to load. I am not too crazy about iOS devices.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #13,747 of 14,755
Is it just me or has the OS slowed down on the ZX2. Sony needs to update this OS soon.

I've used my ZX2 for 1 1/2 year now. It has never been rebooted or turned of and to me there is no percievable difference in gui speed which always has been good enough for me. I only use the stock player app and in flight mode selecting an album and playing it end to end.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #13,748 of 14,755
I've used my ZX2 for 1 1/2 year now. It has never been rebooted or turned of and to me there is no percievable difference in gui speed which always has been good enough for me. I only use the stock player app and in flight mode selecting an album and playing it end to end.
No one said anything about the ZX2 in airplane mode, using the build in player to play FLAC files is not the problem, mine is fine also, we are telling about using apps via WiFi that is the issue.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #13,749 of 14,755

​I felt the same about my WM1A, now sony updated their Firmware and is snappy
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #13,750 of 14,755
No one said anything about the ZX2 in airplane mode, using the build in player to play FLAC files is not the problem, mine is fine also, we are telling about using apps via WiFi that is the issue.

You commented on the os having gotten slow. Nothing about in what context. I replyed that to me it hasn't gotten slower and specified my use case. You should have phrased your question differently if you were talking about slowness with streaming apps and wifi

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #13,751 of 14,755
Double post

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #13,752 of 14,755

You commented on the os having gotten slow. Nothing about in what context. I replyed that to me it hasn't gotten slower and specified my use case. You should have phrased your question differently if you were talking about slowness with streaming apps and wifi

Slowness I think, by experience on computers/laptops is about RAM, dunno how much RAM the ZX2 has to handle that Android system + apps. F.E i cannot develop software (compilers take an insane amout of ram) on a 4GB laptop i need at mínimum 8GB RAM.

Try to do a force stop on non-critical apps, equivalento to KILL tasks on windows task manager

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #13,753 of 14,755
To the ONE WHO SAID SONY'S PROBLEM

It is NOT the ZX2 PROBLEM, it's the APP developer problema as HE/SHE DIDN'T VISUALIZE Software OPTIMIZATION TECHNIQUES, such as code reuse, Object recycling, list partial-loading

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #13,754 of 14,755

I too only use mine mainly in airplane mode, anything to prolong the battery life.
I must admit, it has only been rebooted when I was messing with the ZX2 sound adjustment app tweaks that we all know about.
Stock player only now as well, I agree there, it is the best.
My issues are app related as they just keep crashing and or quitting on me. They are all updated so I just don't know what to try next.
I don't want to reboot it as i've only just got it how i want it, a reboot would mean another round of messing about trying the sound adjustment app tweak. LOL

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #13,755 of 14,755

Slowness I think, by experience on computers/laptops is about RAM, dunno how much RAM the ZX2 has to handle that Android system + apps. F.E i cannot develop software (compilers take an insane amout of ram) on a 4GB laptop i need at mínimum 8GB RAM.

Try to do a force stop on non-critical apps, equivalento to KILL tasks on windows task manager

RAM is not the only factor that slows down the laptop. For this case of ZX2, it is how, as you said in your next post, the app dev's job here to make sure that the 'communication' between the software and the hardware is smooth. 

I do reboot my ZX2 once in a while, when I feel like it, for fun. Nothing seems to be slowing down.

Also don't forget the legendary Android version of this device. It's very old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back