SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #13,726 of 14,773
The disabling of sound enhancements only affect the stock player as far as I know, not any third party apps

That's probably accurate as if I am listening to Tidal or any streaming app you have to turn the volume up a lot higher than the stock player :)

I find the same with Tidal and Qobuz and poweramp, but isn't it strange. I thought maybe the EU conformity limiter for the volume was implemented in the sound setttings, but if I force the sound settings to shut down only the stock player increases in volume. BTW so considerable that I can even use my Hifiman HE 500. What a pleasant surprise.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #13,727 of 14,773
Not sure if this tip has been posted allready in this thread?
Apologies for dredging up an old thread, yet felt everyone did this. I've been developing for far too long and hang around developers....

The below helps lower the CPU usage and something I do to ALL Android devices the moment I get my hand on it. Another ZX2 thread had this posted recently and felt it followed the thread flow here.

Go to ABOUT device in SETTINGS

Tap a few times on the BUILD number, it will told you how many time left you will become a developer

After you granted the Developer right, go back out to SETTING screen and you will find a new Developer options setting, go into it.

Just scroll down to around the middle of all that setting options, you will find the following options:

Window animation scale
 Transition animation scale

Animator duration scale

Just turn of these settings, and you can go back home, done.

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #13,728 of 14,773
I asked question about current price for ZX2 some time ago, probably I need some more help :). Sorry for dumb questions)).
I want to sell my ZX2 (mint, non EU version - non capped) for average price quoted for 600 Euros. What would be the best way to do this (this forum, eBay, else)? I am located in Moscow, so that would involve some shipping time (about 2 weeks) and probably PayPal?

I am asking these questions because I never sold anything on this forum))).

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #13,729 of 14,773
I've just 'come back' to my ZX2 after spending so much time streaming via iPhone and Mojo. I am listening to a new album and my hi-res music and it's just reminded me how good the ZX2 really is on TRRS. I have missed this.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #13,730 of 14,773
  I've just 'come back' to my ZX2 after spending so much time streaming via iPhone and Mojo. I am listening to a new album and my hi-res music and it's just reminded me how good the ZX2 really is on TRRS. I have missed this.

Good to hear that. I always defended that ZX2 is better than Mojo.

Still enjoying my ZX2. Almost 2 years now.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #13,731 of 14,773
Hi,
Tested some other players for the Sony NW-ZX2 and found at frist that Whitigir's tip about the poweramp was right: http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-dap/10140#post_12260275

No I read somewhere about the Neutron Player and downloaded it.
In my ears the Neutron Player has a shocking clarity and transparency.
Have some of you tried out the Neutron Player?
http://neutronmp.com
There is a specific Neutron Music Player Version (ARMv7+NEON) which seem to be even more effective than the original Google Play version.

Would love to hear you thoughts.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #13,732 of 14,773
PS: Just in case you are trying the Neutron Player on the ZX2, I used under settings "Resampling: Audiophile" and under "Audio Hardware: Follow Source Frequency." The last one made a big differnce for my for example for Glenn Gould's Goldberg Variations.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #13,733 of 14,773
Guys, I'm sorry to bother with this question, as I'm sure it's rather silly, but being really new to this hobby, I want to minimize the risk of buying useless stuff.

What kind of ttrs cables would you recommend for use with the zx2? I gather that the phones' plug must also be ttrs.

I mainly use a pair of Bose Sound Tru cans. Nothing fancy, but good for the money I paid, imo. They do have a ttrs plug, as the original cable (2.5-3.5, to make it more inconvenient) is ttrs. However, I believe the extra connector in the ttrs plug is used to run the volume/track/etc control included in the cable. Am I still getting the advantages of ground separation ttrs is intended to provide in the zx2? If not, what kind of 2.5-3.5 ttrs cable is recommended for the zx2?

My apologies in advance for the question, which probably has been covered, indirectly at least, in previous discussion of the advantages of ttrs (I just can't seem to find how to figure out the answer).

Cheers,

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #13,734 of 14,773
Guys, I'm sorry to bother with this question, as I'm sure it's rather silly, but being really new to this hobby, I want to minimize the risk of buying useless stuff.

What kind of ttrs cables would you recommend for use with the zx2? I gather that the phones' plug must also be ttrs.

I mainly use a pair of Bose Sound Tru cans. Nothing fancy, but good for the money I paid, imo. They do have a ttrs plug, as the original cable (2.5-3.5, to make it more inconvenient) is ttrs. However, I believe the extra connector in the ttrs plug is used to run the volume/track/etc control included in the cable. Am I still getting the advantages of ground separation ttrs is intended to provide in the zx2? If not, what kind of 2.5-3.5 ttrs cable is recommended for the zx2?

My apologies in advance for the question, which probably has been covered, indirectly at least, in previous discussion of the advantages of ttrs (I just can't seem to find how to figure out the answer).

Cheers,

That will not work. To go trrs and get the seperate ground you need a cable that runs 4 wires (2 per side) all the way from the speakers right down to the trrs plug

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #13,735 of 14,773
That will not work. To go trrs and get the seperate ground you need a cable that runs 4 wires (2 per side) all the way from the speakers right down to the trrs plug

Thanks a lot for the clarification! I will look for the proper cable. Will the speakers need any special connection or will the current ttrs connector be OK?

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #13,737 of 14,773
Thanks a lot for the clarification! I will look for the proper cable. Will the speakers need any special connection or will the current ttrs connector be OK?

At the headphone end you connect 2 wires to the 2 points on each speaker and then connect the 4 wires the correct way to a trrs plug the other end.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #13,739 of 14,773
[COLOR=111111]I read that they are playing well but it seems to me that the Android system requires a lot of energy![/COLOR]

Maybe.

I get 20-25 hours play between charges playing 16/44 flac in flight mode and have never been lower than about 10% left on the battery. Have not rebooted or turned of the player in over 1 1/2 years. Use the stock player and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back