SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 10, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #13,396 of 14,755
LOL i was tempted by the OMG QP1R is just better than the ZX2 and MOJO......bad mistake......seriously....zx2 for the next couple years for me. No need for upgrades. Already sounds so fantastic. I feel sound reproduction unless some new crazy way of hearing becomes apparent.....hearing a detail here and there doesn't give more enjoyment ><

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #13,397 of 14,755
  LOL i was tempted by the OMG QP1R is just better than the ZX2 and MOJO......bad mistake......seriously....zx2 for the next couple years for me. No need for upgrades. Already sounds so fantastic. I feel sound reproduction unless some new crazy way of hearing becomes apparent.....hearing a detail here and there doesn't give more enjoyment ><

if you think zx2 is good now, wait till the TRRS effect kicks in 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #13,402 of 14,755
Darn, I didn't think to even consider it. Oh well, if what you got isn't up to your standards, I believe mine are the silver dragons from moon audio. Can't remember it's been so long. I have the black dragons for my Audeze headphones.

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #13,407 of 14,755
Is the bigger jack intended to improve sound in some way? Forgive me, im just too lazy to use Google.

Yes, and it was engineered from technical stand points for "portable uses, sound quality, and reliability"

1/ larger plugs = firmer, harder, more rugged, and reliability will be top notch since it is not easy to bend it.

2/ TRRRS, it will provide Enough terminations for Balanced cables + Microphone together...or Balanced cables + a proper shielding and drains.

3/ Larger contact points - better contacts - better quality and stability

Therefore, it made possibility that the future smartphones may incorporate this 4.4 mm Jack to listen to music in Balanced mode and still talking on the Microphones + controlling together. Just wait and see

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #13,408 of 14,755
people at sony should have included a sticker that writes 'use TRRS'

love my zx2 , 14 months since i bought it and i am still in love with it 

maybe in 2017 wm1a will win my heart , but for now zx2 is the best dap i have heard so far (and for 500 euros ? damn i can not ask for more)

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #13,409 of 14,755
TRRS are mainly used for the mic function and not as a grounded function

if it is with TRRS w/o the mic function and is inserted into any hp/mp3, only the left side will produce sound

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #13,410 of 14,755
  TRRS are mainly used for the mic function and not as a grounded function

if it is with TRRS w/o the mic function and is inserted into any hp/mp3, only the left side will produce sound

i think you are a bit misguided by the MIC-headphones because TRRS is used as separate grounds for headphones such as Z7 or XBA-Z5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back