SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 4, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #13,366 of 14,755
Just 0.1 updates below the one I need to be able to save downloads from Google play to the SD card. Instead it is limited to the internal storage which is at a mere 2gigs. Such a shame.

It's at least better than the 1GB that the ZX1 has for internal. ONE! It's a 128GB device and you only give me 1 for internal storage?!

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #13,369 of 14,755
My god, this MDR Z1R is so easily driven. Zx2 no cap version just drive it satisfyingly. It doesn't get every last bits and juices out of the headphones, but it does a damn fine job. Acceptable volume is 75-85% and blasting away

Both Z1R and Zx2 has Spherical soundstage and rendering by using TRRS connections. I can not wait until I could experience with new WM series. However, the Zx2 is just so damn fine.

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #13,370 of 14,755
My god, this MDR Z1R is so easily driven. Zx2 no cap version just drive it satisfyingly. It doesn't get every last bits and juices out of the headphones, but it does a damn fine job. Acceptable volume is 75-85% and blasting away

Both Z1R and Zx2 has Spherical soundstage and rendering by using TRRS connections. I can not wait until I could experience with new WM series. However, the Zx2 is just so damn fine.

....very interesting!....which kind of wires you have used to built your custom TRRS cable?......4 silver braided rigid core strands?....Lavricables?
I'm doing the same over my Sennheiser IE800 to get the TRRS connection with  my ZX2.
I need to cut off the "stupid" Y split-connector and  solder the thiny wires coming from the earbuds..... but I guess it worth the effort!

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #13,371 of 14,755
....very interesting!....which kind of wires you have used to built your custom TRRS cable?......4 silver braided rigid core strands?....Lavricables?
I'm doing the same over my Sennheiser IE800 to get the TRRS connection with  my ZX2.
I need to cut off the "stupid" Y split-connector and  solder the thiny wires coming from the earbuds..... but I guess it worth the effort!

Yes, and several more using UPOCC materials as well.

Ie800 could be re-wired that way, and easily using Sugru of appropriate color to cover up the solder joins :). Just an idea, and yes, going TRRS is the worthy upgrade from Zx2

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #13,372 of 14,755
....so I guess Lavricables are not UPOCC!  
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Does it exist in silver? Any suggestion?...anyway to me Lavricables provide an unbeatable performance for their price range, isn't it?

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #13,373 of 14,755
....so I guess Lavricables are not UPOCC!  :confused: :confused: :confused:  
Does it exist in silver? Any suggestion?...anyway to me Lavricables provide an unbeatable performance for their price range, isn't it?

Lavricables is of good quality, and UPOCC is not a word that should be throw around recklessly. It is Ultra Pure and OCC is patented. There are only a few manufacturers that is complied to produce UPOCC as a patented technology. Lavricables is acceptable for prices/performances, is readily available and trust worthy. However, it is not unbeatable for performances/pricing ratio :D. I however do recommend it as it is proven of good quality

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #13,375 of 14,755
Please excuse my ignorance. Is there currently any way to use the ZX2 as an external DAC?

No and probably never going to be

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #13,378 of 14,755

It's not unless you want to use ie800 specifically with sony/hifiman daps.I would advise to buy an armature iem with detachable cables for ZX2 or later if you get hit by the upgrade bug  uncommon as it may be if you decide to stick around this site and decide to go  for WMIA/Z,the new sony flagship than practicallly rendering your ie800 useless with any other gear.Frankly i would advise if you are sort of money and can't afford to buy a new flagship iem to sell ZX2 and go for QP1R,much better synergy(ZX2 and ie800 are too warm and can't utilize to full potential without changing cable),supreme detail,clarity and soundstage with no need to rewire cables,from my 20min demo at a store i can see this as endgame for portable use,easily.

I am partial to ie800,it has too unique and memorable a signature to use just with one dap,it's like a chameleon and can be very satisfying with the right gear which ZX2 is not.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #13,379 of 14,755
  It's not unless you want to use ie800 specifically with sony/hifiman daps.I would advise to buy an armature iem with detachable cables for ZX2 or later if you get hit by the upgrade bug  uncommon as it may be if you decide to stick around this site and decide to go  for WMIA/Z,the new sony flagship than practicallly rendering your ie800 useless with any other gear.Frankly i would advise if you are sort of money and can't afford to buy a new flagship iem to sell ZX2 and go for QP1R,much better synergy(ZX2 and ie800 are too warm and can't utilize to full potential without changing cable),supreme detail,clarity and soundstage with no need to rewire cables,from my 20min demo at a store i can see this as endgame for portable use,easily.

I am partial to ie800,it has too unique and memorable a signature to use just with one dap,it's like a chameleon and can be very satisfying with the right gear which ZX2 is not.

What make you so disappointed with the ie800 and zx2?....to me it's a very good combo, hopefully even better with TRRS connection.
I don't take care cutting off the ie800 wire because I only want use them with my ZX2 and in next future with WM1Z......I like very much the SQ out of my ie800.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #13,380 of 14,755
What make you so disappointed with the ie800 and zx2?....to me it's a very good combo, hopefully even better with TRRS connection.
I don't take care cutting off the ie800 wire because I only want use them with my ZX2 and in next future with WM1Z......I like very much the SQ out of my ie800.

And making them trrs you can just get a trrs -> trs pig tail, that is what I've done. All my phones are wired balanced and I then have a number of pig tails to other terminations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back