SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 2, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #13,217 of 14,755
Wow... looks good!

Holding back on the Dignis as it seems that it does not protect the bottom part? Using the Cruzerlite silicon case as it protects all the corners and edges including the bottom part. But really like the premium leather of Dignis though.....

great case , for 10 euros the quality is amazing and gives 100% protection (with a screen protector , ofc)

Oct 2, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #13,218 of 14,755
I love Sonys own flip top case. Just wish it was cheaper and available outside Japan

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #13,220 of 14,755
Oct 4, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #13,222 of 14,755
If your from Europe I know proedros has one for sale

​Not anymore he doesn't
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #13,223 of 14,755
Quick question here. Would using this cable here http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=51 and getting the Sony connector -> dual 3-pin XLR enable true line output from the ZX2 into a balanced amp like the Liquid Carbon?

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #13,224 of 14,755
Quick question here. Would using this cable here http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=51 and getting the Sony connector -> dual 3-pin XLR enable true line output from the ZX2 into a balanced amp like the Liquid Carbon?

You can not get true balanced from the ZX2 unless you feed it to a balanced dac. You can get pseudo balanced if you feed the headphone out to your amp

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #13,225 of 14,755
You can not get true balanced from the ZX2 unless you feed it to a balanced dac. You can get pseudo balanced if you feed the headphone out to your amp

From what I understand though, the WM port has digital output (adaptor), but also analog out (i.e fiio l50 to RCA termination). I was just wondering if it were possible to obtain a balanced analog signal to dual XLR, even if the balanced signal were theoretically not 'true' balanced.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #13,226 of 14,755
Based on this info for WM port pinout, no it can't. Audio ground is common.

Was also curious on this topic, and while searching found this about Line Out detection with resistor to CRD_AD pin;

Is someone experiment with different resistor values? What is this "variable" mean and is different resistor values correspond to different fixed volume values?

Is simple change in resistor in WM port connector could fix the ultra low volume in line out from ZX2?

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #13,228 of 14,755
for anyone living in EU and looking to zx2-trrs his cables , i just had my whiplash hybrid v3 re-terminated by matt @audioforza

great pricing ,  amazing turnaround time (3 days to make and 3 to ship), very happy with his work

in fact, I will be sending him one more cable for trrs retermination next week.

now i need to do some listening with the trrs cable , but i think i can hear the improvements mentioned by many people here

better separation and clarity , and blacker background - definitely worth the upgrade

there is also a brand new custom EE athena coming next month , oh baby this place is a disease 
gs1000.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #13,229 of 14,755
for anyone living in EU and looking to zx2-trrs his cables , i just had my whiplash hybrid v3 re-terminated by matt @audioforza

great pricing ,  amazing turnaround time (3 days to make and 3 to ship), very happy with his work

in fact, I will be sending him one more cable for trrs retermination next week.

now i need to do some listening with the trrs cable , but i think i can hear the improvements mentioned by many people here

better separation and clarity , and blacker background - definitely worth the upgrade

there is also a brand new custom EE athena coming next month , oh baby this place is a disease :gs1000smile:  

Lol, you are "LaTe!" To the party. Congratulations on the better sonic improvements

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #13,230 of 14,755
Lol, you are "LaTe!" To the party. Congratulations on the better sonic improvements

well i had a trrs cable for my previous custom , back in December 
tongue.gif

so i am late/2nd time to the party 
beyersmile.png

(thanx for the congrats , and to all of us sick people in here 
tongue.gif
 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back