SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 27, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #11,431 of 14,755
I have of course read  great deal of Purk's posts over the years and share your respect. My response was simply to indicate that a $60 cable  was not the only viable option to those who simply want to connect the two devices through the line out. There is nothing wrong with providing alternative suggestions and I don't think I was disrespectful to Purk. If I was I would most certainly freely offer my apology as Purk has well earned respect in the community.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #11,432 of 14,755
I have the same setup as you.  I found the mojo or my HUGO with the Sony and KSE amp to awkward to carry.

My solution for a dead simple stack with the Sony and KSE amp involoved:
1.  By the soft rubber form fitted case for Sony Amp (amazon had it for pretty cheap)
2.  Buy an extra leather KSE case (optional)
3.  Use a blade to cut the strap off the back of the Shure amp. 
4.  Apply Scotch Guard Heavy Duty Velcro to both the KSE Amp Case and Sony Case.  The heavy duty Velcro raises the unit so the hump on the back of the sony is no longer an issue. 

I have been using mine this way for weeks and it works perfectly.  I can post a picture if you want.

Cheers!

Great combo. I'm following your posts re: audio connections. The Sony LO cable is what I'm using ATM.

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #11,434 of 14,755
on the go setup for this week  
rolleyes.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #11,435 of 14,755
Hey experts was looking for help on Some first timer questions:

1. I have the onkyo player (paid version) but for some reason it sounds really loud to the point that the sound gets distorted even at low volume. why is that? I seem the prefer the inbuilt walkman app but wish to get better at eqing.

2. What are the 5 must have apps?

3. Is the sony leather case thats sold separately worth the extra 150 bucks or should I get the diginis case? Also is a Matte finish screen guard available?

4. I mostly listen to flacs but for mp3s should be the combination for clearaudio and dsee HX? Would really appreciate any help on this!

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #11,436 of 14,755
I like the Sony flip top case but will admit that it is rather expensive

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #11,439 of 14,755
Looking to buy one. If you have one in mint condition PM me. Would prefer one with a case.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #11,440 of 14,755
  Looking to buy one. If you have one in mint condition PM me. Would prefer one with a case.

a guy in US just put his for sale

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #11,441 of 14,755
i'd recommend deadbeef player as the best pick of android players (;
plays literally everything without any modifications to sound including mame/sid/etc and cue+image.
also have no issue using hardware buttons.

ps
is someone here interested in removing eu volume limit? maybe updating to 1.01 firmware?
i have complete cwm flashable 1.01 firmware from japanese unit and trying to bypass android security to to flash custom recovery (if it will success - i will port twrp or cwm to our device).

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #11,442 of 14,755
i'd recommend deadbeef player as the best pick of android players (;
plays literally everything without any modifications to sound including mame/sid/etc and cue+image.
also have no issue using hardware buttons.

ps
is someone here interested in removing eu volume limit? maybe updating to 1.01 firmware?
i have complete cwm flashable 1.01 firmware from japanese unit and trying to bypass android security to to flash custom recovery (if it will success - i will port twrp or cwm to our device).

That would be awesome. Can you help unlocking the zx2 to digitally transport high res feeding external amp ? Because so far, only stock player can do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back