SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 17, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #8,960 of 14,773
Some said stock player is good, some said bad.

So it is good or 3rd party player (Gonemad, Onkyo) better?

both gonemad/onkyo have a trial version ,so you should download them and listen for yourself

i ended up keeping the trial onkyo version and bought the gonemad full version.

try them out and see which one clicks your brain.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #8,962 of 14,773
Does Gonemad or Onkyo player bypass the European Volume cap?

No.

I've decided to stick with the Sony player app and disabled sound enhancements app

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #8,964 of 14,773
Some said stock player is good, some said bad.

So it is good or 3rd party player (Gonemad, Onkyo) better?

Lots of people (myself included) prefer the stock player. The main difference, to me at least, is the stock player takes full advantage of the dedicated hardware built by Sony in the ZX2. Having said that, it comes to a matter of preference, what works for me might not work for you. I tried several other players before deciding, you should too.

You may come to a different conclusion than I. FWIW, I'm using a Japanese unit

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #8,965 of 14,773
Lots of people (myself included) prefer the stock player. The main difference, to me at least, is the stock player takes full advantage of the dedicated hardware built by Sony in the ZX2. Having said that, it comes to a matter of preference, what works for me might not work for you. I tried several other players before deciding, you should too.

You may come to a different conclusion than I. FWIW, I'm using a Japanese unit

+ 1 . Same here

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #8,966 of 14,773
more than the choice of player , i found the use of TRRS to bring the most improvement in my ZX2 listening

if you have the chance to go TRRS , please do so

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #8,967 of 14,773
more than the choice of player , i found the use of TRRS to bring the most improvement in my ZX2 listening

if you have the chance to go TRRS , please do so

Hell yes! I have brought this up many times. The two most improvements and noticeable, just as much as a 'have to' are

1/ sound enhancement app disabled
2/ TRRS connection.

If you don't get those, or try them out...you are wasting the zx2 capabilities, and just like everything else, if you discard or disregard before fully explore it potentials....it would be a waste

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #8,968 of 14,773
Hell yes! I have brought this up many times. The two most improvements and noticeable, just as much as a 'have to' are

1/ sound enhancement app disabled
2/ TRRS connection.

If you don't get those, or try them out...you are wasting the zx2 capabilities, and just like everything else, if you discard or disregard before fully explore it potentials....it would be a waste

+ (zx) 2

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #8,969 of 14,773
probably why it is called ZX2

2 crucial things to fully enjoy the unit:

1. TRRS cable
2. sound enhancement app disabled

cool.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #8,970 of 14,773
Well stock player here too since I have DSD64 files. Once it's hooked up with the PHA-3 with the Walkman cable, the sound enhancement app will get disabled so I'm not really missing anything lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back