SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #8,926 of 14,773

Wonder if anyone here has tried this player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.radius.neplayer_ver2&hl=en
Price doesn't seem to attract mainstream audience though.

high price
low rating
few reviews
no english language

why would you buy it ? 
rolleyes.gif

What you have mentioned,

price, no one is will pay and willing to try it.

no one willing to try, so low rate.

price, low rate, less review, so who the **** will buy it.

we need a free version to test.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #8,927 of 14,773

What you have mentioned,

biggrin.gif

sadly, no free version. Guess it will be like that forever...lol thats why I was asking if someone had a chance for it

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #8,928 of 14,773

What you have mentioned,

biggrin.gif

sadly, no free version. Guess it will be like that forever...lol

yeh, that's why it's a failed app, at least make a free version, and if that is good, people are willing to pay for it.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #8,929 of 14,773
  sadly, no free version. Guess it will be like that forever...lol thats why I was asking if someone had a chance for it

to be honest , having the stock player / gonemad (will buy the 4 euros version)/onkyo (free version is perfect since i am a 16/44 guy) is more than enough

i am not in any 'get more players' mood , as i find that these 3(well 2 actually since stock player has been sitting idly last 10 days) players fill my needs

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #8,930 of 14,773

to be honest , having the stock player / gonemad (will buy the 4 euros version)/onkyo (free version is perfect since i am a 16/44 guy) is more than enough

i am not in any 'get more players' mood , as i find that these 3(well 2 actually since stock player has been sitting idly last 10 days) players fill my needs

I was trying to improve SQ of ZX2 by any chances possible hehe. There might be some better players out there 

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #8,932 of 14,773
How about you try it, and report back
biggrin.gif

15$ really gives some itchings...why the heck it's 15$ is a mystery though .
I found it on here along with Onkyo http://www.headfonia.com/ios-corner-face-off-hf-player-and-neplayer/ 

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #8,933 of 14,773
  I was trying to improve SQ of ZX2 by any chances possible hehe. There might be some better players out there 

Will Did you go as far as getting the Mezzo Soprano mod though?
biggrin.gif

edit: found your post related to it back in May ^^

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #8,934 of 14,773
  Will Did you go as far as getting the Mezzo Soprano mod though?
biggrin.gif

edit: found your post related to it back in May ^^

that? to be honest , i don't feel well parting with my zx2 for long period and long distance lol ...

Haven't seen anyone mentioned that in a while though. Any chances for comparison?

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #8,936 of 14,773
So you believe you could reliably hear the difference between a 320 AAC and a Flac file in a multiple, blind listening trial? I wonder. I know for everybody I have ever encountered when they actually are involved in a proper trial they can't hear the difference, but I freely admit I can't say this will always be the case.

I believe the main differences will be in the mastering of the original recording, and by the time the Music gets released on whatever format it's been probably run through an EQ or some sort of compression, (I am generalising and this isn't always the case). I find between these differences to give better improvements than the actual codec.

But saying this I can tell the differences between lossy and lossless codec's on my rig, especially when using huge DSD files.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #8,937 of 14,773
I believe the main differences will be in the mastering of the original recording, and by the time the Music gets released on whatever format it's been probably run through an EQ or some sort of compression, (I am generalising and this isn't always the case). I find between these differences to give better improvements than the actual codec.

But saying this I can tell the differences between lossy and lossless codec's on my rig, especially when using huge DSD files.

Retracted as I was actually not answering the same consideration you were discussing, my bad. I would propose that if you took a great lossless file, made a quality conversion to a 320 file and level matched playback the odds that they would sound different in blind listening is low, not zero of course, but low. I am always amazed how good a 320 file sounds. That said, with storage space dirt cheap both at home and on the go the need for lossy files is greatly reduced now. I am awaiting my Onkyo DAP and when it gets here I think I'm just going to use lossless as there is now no reason not to.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #8,938 of 14,773
With all the loseless debate, to me, loseless sounds smoother, especially the top end and less sibilant if any. Details, soundstage etc all seems to be equal to me. But a smoother sound is a good enough justification for me to always try to put in a loseless than a 320kbps.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #8,939 of 14,773
  With all the loseless debate, to me, loseless sounds smoother, especially the top end and less sibilant if any. Details, soundstage etc all seems to be equal to me. But a smoother sound is a good enough justification for me to always try to put in a loseless than a 320kbps.

Agree. until you buy a CD from a record label and end up with this on discs 1 and 3 of 5

got  them as flac donwload first and them my BF got me the discs (unknowing i had bought them as flac) and are the same
frown.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #8,940 of 14,773
really liking the effect of my TRRS-made silver dragon cable to my UM Miracles paired with gonemad player

i don't think i can go back to the stock cable/player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back