SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 12, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #8,222 of 14,755
  About 100, here. Some have reported closer to 120 or 150 for their preference

However, my one is now up to 215 hours roughly, I think the SQ is nearly settling itself, but I found the bass goes even deeper at 200hrs, very obviously heard by my UM Pro 30 and IM70, bass got more impact and richer.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #8,223 of 14,755
However, my one is now up to 215 hours roughly, I think the SQ is nearly settling itself, but I found the bass goes even deeper at 200hrs, very obviously heard by my UM Pro 30 and IM70, bass got more impact and richer.

Yes, I even observed soundstage to yet take another step in improvement at approximately 220 hours (especially the seperation of the bass from further to closer sense of space). I could no longer observe any changes right after 230-250 hours or so. In my own experiences, I would have to say that it took 250 hours.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #8,224 of 14,755
Yes, I even observed soundstage to yet take another step in improvement at approximately 220 hours (especially the seperation of the bass from further to closer sense of space). I could no longer observe any changes right after 230-250 hours or so. In my own experiences, I would have to say that it took 250 hours.

I ask this because tomorrow i may unbox my first ZX-series walkman (ZX100).

My A17 took to burn-in 160h approx

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #8,225 of 14,755
I recall reading some while back that someone made a cable to connect the WM port to the micro USB of an Oppo HA-2. Is this cable now available commercially?

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #8,227 of 14,755

I recall reading some while back that someone made a cable to connect the WM port to the micro USB of an Oppo HA-2. Is this cable now available commercially?

For what's it's worth I tried the ZX2 with the Oppo and it sounded worse. Ended up ebaying the Oppo in the end.

did the same before purchasing y ZX100 walkman (due today
etysmile.gif
) turns out even my $300 A10 sounds better sans oppo

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #8,230 of 14,755
For so many times now....I had been trying to like

Clear audio plus......I just can't.

In some songs where it was mastered kind of ugly...not masterful, the songs will sound flat on it face, and this is where clear audio plus can artificially add some spaces. But usually when listen to songs like those, I just delete them out of my collections. I am talking about some J-pop, K-pop...etc.

In songs that were masterfully made, the clear audio plus makes it feels like squeezing me into the hall....and I freaking hate that.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #8,231 of 14,755
For so many times now....I had been trying to like

Clear audio plus......I just can't.

In some songs where it was mastered kind of ugly...not masterful, the songs will sound flat on it face, and this is where clear audio plus can artificially add some spaces. But usually when listen to songs like those, I just delete them out of my collections. I am talking about some J-pop, K-pop...etc.

In songs that were masterfully made, the clear audio plus makes it feels like squeezing me into the hall....and I freaking hate that.

only sound enhancement i use because i feels it really improves my (well-mastered, great sounding) albums is this one

STUDIO surround sound 

i am not a sound-enhancement guy but this option really makes everything sounds better , in fact it's the only trick i use on my ZX2

you may wanna try it

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #8,234 of 14,755
Hello guys, 

I recently did a full erase on my ZX2 and as a result deleted the sample tracks that originally came with the device. Is there any way I can retrieve these ? I tried Sony's support site but unable to find anything. 

Any assistance would be appreciated :wink:

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #8,235 of 14,755
Congratulations !

The studio surround sound effect still sound a little weird to me
mad.gif

For me too, ZX100 has a new one called Concert hall and i am playing a lute song, while studio makes it if the lutist was together with me, the concert halls and matrix ruins the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back