SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 11, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #8,206 of 14,773
Well, i think someone with a mac could be of better help but may be one thing to try is to download es file explorer on zx2 and show hidden files under the music folder and delete any files generated by the mac os..

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #8,207 of 14,773
i need help....

1. content transfer is not working after el capitan update on mac....
2. i am trying to transfer files with drag and drop but something is wrong..... my database update is always stuck at %35... sometimes 70 folders some times 26 or something.....

i reset the zx2 but still sticking at 35%.... ( with both sd card and internal memory ) 

also now tidal does not see my sd card..

there is something wrong here

what can i do? 

Well, i think someone with a mac could be of better help but may be one thing to try is to download es file explorer on zx2 and show hidden files under the music folder and delete any files generated by the mac os..

also since tidal doesnt read the sdcard, you can check if it is read on es file explorer or even through storage settings, may be the sdcard is corrupted and causes this attitude.. or try removing the card and updating only internal library

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #8,209 of 14,773

the computer reads the sd card so i can drag and drop the files...... but tidal does not see nor sd niether internal memory....

so strange... overtime it stucks at %35...

i reset the zx2 but all same..... 

Try to format the SD card on the PC, then on the ZX2.

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #8,210 of 14,773

i need help....

2. i am trying to transfer files with drag and drop but something is wrong..... my database update is always stuck at %35... sometimes 70 folders some times 26 or something.....

i reset the zx2 but still sticking at 35%.... ( with both sd card and internal memory ) 

what can i do? 

switch to windows dude, Mac is flawed

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #8,211 of 14,773

i need help....

what can i do? 

I had a lot of problems trying to sync my playlist and 109 Gigs of music with my ZX2 and my Mac.  I found that Sony's Content Transfer app would transfer my playlist and music but only if I deleted my old playlist and all of my music from my ZX2 first.  That would then take four hours to transfer. 

So, I found the Export for iTunes app in the Mac's App Store, and lo and behold it works!  I did have to delete my playlist and all of my music from my ZX2 one time, but then after that it syncs very fast each time from iTunes by using the Export for iTunes app.  And it is very easy to use.

If that route does not work for you, you might try reformatting your card as others have suggested and then try the Export for iTunes app.  To save yourself a lot of time, you might try deleting all of your music and playlist from your ZX2's card, reformatting your card, and then try to transfer a few songs on a short playlist with the Export for iTunes app.  If that does not work, you may have a bad card.  In that case, try deleting all of your music and playlist from your ZX2's internal storage and then try to transfer a short playlist with the Export for iTunes app; if that does not work, you may have some corrupted music files.

You mentioned Tidal.  Do you own the files?  Or are you just streaming?  Perhaps this is the problem?  I have not tried Tidal, and so I can't really help you with that.  Have you tried looking at the FAQ page at Tidal's website, or contacting Tidal's support?

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #8,213 of 14,773

the problem is not sd card related, it does the same thing with internal storage, when i check the files and open them with es file explorer the files are there....

so the problem seems to be music player..... is not updating!!! i am so confuse.... 

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #8,215 of 14,773

the problem is not sd card related, it does the same thing with internal storage, when i check the files and open them with es file explorer the files are there....

so the problem seems to be music player..... is not updating!!! i am so confuse.... 

Have you deleted all of your music and playlist from your ZX2?  And then have you tried to transfer some music again? 

I know it stinks to have to delete the music and playlist -- all that time wasted -- and then start over, but that is step one and two.  Step three: see my post above.

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #8,216 of 14,773
  switch to windows dude, Mac is flawed

OS is not flawed but a number of programs have not yet been updated to run with capitan.
The most widely reported is Microsoft Outlook (shock horror).
Would suggest you simply restore from your last back up the previous operating system and wait until
everything you currently run works with the updated OS.
This is why I run time machine most days.
If it aint broke perhaps best to leave sometimes.

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #8,217 of 14,773

OS is not flawed but a number of programs have not yet been updated to run with capitan.
The most widely reported is Microsoft Outlook (shock horror).
Would suggest you simply restore from your last back up the previous operating system and wait until
everything you currently run works with the updated OS.
This is why I run time machine most days.
If it aint broke perhaps best to leave sometimes.

I doubt that the problem would be the OS, since it is just normal drag and drop of files,

but my doubts are either generated files by the os that might hang the update or corrupt sdcard or corrupt media files ( which i doubt because i had corrupt songs my self but it updated successfully )

i would just delete everything under music folders, remove sdcard and start only with internal memory and see whether it will go smooth or not ..

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #8,218 of 14,773

I doubt that the problem would be the OS, since it is just normal drag and drop of files,

but my doubts are either generated files by the os that might hang the update or corrupt sdcard or corrupt media files ( which i doubt because i had corrupt songs my self but it updated successfully )

i would just delete everything under music folders, remove sdcard and start only with internal memory and see whether it will go smooth or not ..

Sure but one of the complaints was that the content transfer programme had stopped working following his MAC update.
That is what I was referring to.

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #8,219 of 14,773
i solve the problem......  the list was not updating due to a corrupt file, just stoping at annoying %35. 

one i have identified the file all seems to be working ( except the content transfer program which i thing is related to el capitan OS )

still all process stops working due to a single file.... i copy the files one by one and open the zx2 and find the corrupt one.... it took me like 4-5 hours!!!

as far as i understand once the content app is not working and you are just copying files any corrupt one can stop the process....

the content app was sort of filtering i guess

thank you all for your inputs 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back