SONY NW-ZX2
May 27, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #5,536 of 14,773
it
  Are you guys using default stock music player with it or Poweramp? I just got my ZX2 an hour ago and so far I noticed the previous/next buttons didnt seem to work in poweramp, too bad because the lock screen and better UI is what I prefer!

Also what is the best screen protector on the market for it that is good against fingerprints?

i really wish to read more about user using other players, as there are countless players that have great dsp in them like jetaudio player, why no one tries it at least and tell us how it works compared to stock, or even neutron player

May 27, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #5,537 of 14,773
  it
i really wish to read more about user using other players, as there are countless players that have great dsp in them like jetaudio player, why no one tries it at least and tell us how it works compared to stock, or even neutron player

Poweramp working well now. I also gave Neutron player a try and it was working very well but I will need more time, n2player was also working good but it's not my type of audio player.

May 27, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #5,538 of 14,773
I've read a few impressions here so far where it's referenced that the ZX2 has a blacker background than the ZX1. I found the low-level hiss out of the ZX1 to be a big downside, personally. Any idea what the SNR is on the ZX2 or how it compares to other DAPs? I've found the Cowon Plenue P1 so far has a completely black background even with highly sensitive IEMs. The P1 was measured at nearly 120 dB SNR which is class-leading. 
I'm also curious about this. Couldn't find the SNR on the UK specs page.
I hope the Earwerkz Omega will play nicely with the ZX2 in regards to hiss. :xf_eek:

May 27, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #5,539 of 14,773
I just installed jet audio and started listening to it. Sounds very good to my ears. Still playing with the settings though.

I also turn clear audio for certain music. Some it sounds better with it on, but to me, it does sound like it has a veil over the music.

May 27, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #5,540 of 14,773
I recently set up the WD My Cloud device with the intent of streaming my music to the ZX2. I've seen some of the past posts on this topic but still have a few questions in hope that the My Cloud device can meets my needs. I quickly learned that the My Cloud device won't play AIFF. I then converted my library to FLAC and loaded both formats on the My Cloud device. After launching the My Cloud app on the ZX2, I was able to play the FLAC files and see the file titles. All other meta data is not displayed (same files have has the meta data if stored on the internal memory or the card).

Anyone with experience using the My Cloud app who can offer advice? Are there other apps that would work on the ZX2 but connect via the internet to the My Cloud device? DLNA works fine in reaching the My Cloud. Just wish it (or something like it) could be configured to connect via the internet.

May 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #5,541 of 14,773
I just installed jet audio and started listening to it. Sounds very good to my ears. Still playing with the settings though.

I also turn clear audio for certain music. Some it sounds better with it on, but to me, it does sound like it has a veil over the music.

are u using the free version, as the paid version has many eq and dsp settings that are fun to try

May 27, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #5,542 of 14,773
I have played around with Clearaudio today but I wasnt crazy about it. But then again my music style might be different, I mostly listen to electronic, trance & EDM currently so I'm presently in love with the equalizer preset of Bass Boost, its crazy with the Shure SE846!

I was literally freezing up on some songs because the bass was so sick haha!

May 28, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #5,545 of 14,773
  Happy to report the 200Gb µSD card is working fine with the ZX2, reported available space being 183Gb...

you have a link to this 200GB micro SD card?

May 28, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #5,548 of 14,773
  Happy to report the 200Gb µSD card is working fine with the ZX2, reported available space being 183Gb...

Thanks for letting us know and spending money in the name of science. You can bill head-fi later.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #5,550 of 14,773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back