SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 20, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #3,332 of 14,755
Hi, could anyone who has the ZX2 please help?  

I do most of my listening via folder navigation, but I also do like to use playlists now and again.  Can anyone advise if the ZX2 supports M3U playlists files?

If the answer is yes, could you please post an example of the path structure in the M3U file - i.e. is it a relative path or are Drive identifiers used?

I've looked through the forum and across the web and can see posts relating to Creating of playlists but none seem to indicate exactly how these playlists work.........

.....any help would be great, thanks

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #3,333 of 14,755
  Anyone in AU interested in getting the ZX2 for around AUD$1,400 (including DHL shipping) i can try help to get one and ship it to you. But it'll be a Malaysian warranty.
Only limited to 1 person.

Kind offer although from Price Japan it comes to just over Au $1300.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #3,334 of 14,755
Kind offer although from Price Japan it comes to just over Au $1300.

Including shipping? That is a good deal for a Jp variant.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #3,336 of 14,755
Quote:

I was under the impression that the ZX2 (and other Walkman products) did have line out capability, but you need to purchase/make a WM-port to 3.5mm cable in order to use it.

Which cable is this? Can you post a link please?

Getting an adaptor like this should also work if you want to use existing cables: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Walkman-MP3-Player-LOD-WM-Port-Line-out-Dock-3-5mm-Plug-To-Headphone-Amp-/170683121052

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #3,338 of 14,755
Ordered these two glass protectors less than 2 days ago, just getting prepared when I get the ZX2 in June.
approximate USD 23 for both inclusive of shipping.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #3,339 of 14,755
Yes, I'm on the fence here cause I want to know if the sony has a true line out (analog) so I can plug it into my home rig. Waiting for enlightenment on this ....

It has line out i thought, anyone via proprietary jack at the bottom? Bueller Bueller? I'm using the headphone output for the car/home and it sounds fine.

Added: see it now in this thread: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Walkman-MP3-Player-LOD-WM-Port-Line-out-Dock-3-5mm-Plug-To-Headphone-Amp-/170683121052?rmvSB=true

EVERYONE: All official Sony accessories can be seen at www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX2/compatible.html

Someone said it's better than AK240, is that even true? is it already better than AK120ii?

IMHO yes. Easily better than the 120II, and the 240 is close with DSD yet Sony FTW by a nose and for PCM/FLAC/MP3 the Sony FTW. Jmho of course.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #3,340 of 14,755

You want something like the Fiio L5 LOD cable. I believe companies like Bispa also make similar cables and you can also buy the spare parts if you want to try making it yourself.  

I just received my Fiio cable yesterday, in fact. I ordered the 39" version from B&H (so I could comfortably connect the ZX2 to my speaker dock).

But they do also have the 3.2" version, in case you want to connect it to a portable amp.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #3,341 of 14,755

Someone said it's better than AK240, is that even true? is it already better than AK120ii?

You'll get varying opinion on this. kkcc rated below the ak120ii and likely why he associated it with the ak100ii. I suspect that it may be between the 2 in his mind but how many division can you have? Even the positive review a few pages back said the ak120ii won on 'technicalities' but lost on emotion. Sort of a draw. Another did prefer it to the ak240. Many don't hear a difference between the ak120ii and ak240. I certainly do. Too many variables until you listen for yourself. Haven't heard a zx2 but It's certainly a nice format and versatile enough. Class D sometimes has a sound that some pick up on and others don't. May be something similar here...or not.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #3,342 of 14,755
Does anyone have the part number of the cable that comes with a PHA-3 that provides a digital link between ZX2 and a USB DAC (e.g. Chord Hugo, Oppo HA-2 etc)?

The cable you can order from Japan is an OTG USB cable with a female end that then requires another cable to convert for USB input. However there is a very neat end to end cable that comes with a PHA-2 or PHA-3?

I can't get Sony UK to figure out what this part number is, and the Sony authorised part resellers haven't got a clue. So am hoping that someone who has gone through this has this part number?

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #3,343 of 14,755
  Does anyone have the part number of the cable that comes with a PHA-3 that provides a digital link between ZX2 and a USB DAC (e.g. Chord Hugo, Oppo HA-2 etc)?

The cable you can order from Japan is an OTG USB cable with a female end that then requires another cable to convert for USB input. However there is a very neat end to end cable that comes with a PHA-2 or PHA-3?

I can't get Sony UK to figure out what this part number is, and the Sony authorised part resellers haven't got a clue. So am hoping that someone who has gone through this has this part number?

I have posted the part number somewhere in the thread, I don't have the number with me now so I can't post, if you have time you can search back.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #3,344 of 14,755

I have posted the part number somewhere in the thread, I don't have the number with me now so I can't post, if you have time you can search back.

A search didn't find it, but I found your post by looking through your post history :) (not stalking , honest!)

Anyway, now I see a picture of this cable I see it has a locking pin, so it will really only work with a PHA-3 and not anything else :frowning2:

So I guess it's back to the OTG messy double cable solution instead

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #3,345 of 14,755

A search didn't find it, but I found your post by looking through your post history :) (not stalking , honest!)

Anyway, now I see a picture of this cable I see it has a locking pin, so it will really only work with a PHA-3 and not anything else :frowning2:

So I guess it's back to the OTG messy double cable solution instead

The supplied cable is a 22pin to USB, but Sony likes to do things differently, the extra lock pin goes into a hole in the PHA 3, but has no functions.

There are some custom made ones, if you search through the photo's you should be able to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back