SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,876 of 14,755
I use the 7550s and I have yet to encounter a track where I needed to exceed what looks to my eye like the 45% mark on the volume slider.

On top of that, I've long been a proponent of non-destructively altering the volume of my music. Basically, back-in-the-day, when I was using DAPs without dedicated volume controls, I got sick and tired of constantly blowing out my ears, or futzing with the UI to increase/decrease volume. So I began using mp3Gain to normalize all of my tracks to around 94dB. I've continued that tradition by using ReplayGain on my FLACs. Consequently, I'm probably turning up the volume slider a bit more than most people, as very few tracks/albums clock in at such a low gain.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,877 of 14,755
No, but I am not going to reformat all my cards and then reload them. I have 18 cards, with two of them being 128gb, too much to fill again. It is ok but I do prefer to brouse files.

All you might have to do is plug your cards into a card reader connected to your PC, create a folder 'Music' in the root portion \, so create \Music, and then move all your folders into Music. That should work I suppose, at least that's my understanding.

And I think I'll probably be splurging on the ZX2 myself, but will wait for official US release and then just get it through Amazon. So should have it sometime in March. Spoiled myself last year with TOTL IEM (JH13), and this year I'll spoil myself with TOTL DAP, the ZX2. And for my full-size headphone, the MDR-7520, I can just use a portable amp if the power is lacking. But I never use the 7520 outside my house, so I won't have any issues with portability.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #1,878 of 14,755
Just got mine delivered today, and then my DUNU Titans an hour later? Good timing!

I put my 128 card in it and it is updating the database. It is still on 0% after twenty minutes. Why is it taking so long? My A17 takes 6 minutes to Create the library. .

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,880 of 14,755
Try another and see if it may be a defective unit ? Mine has no problem reading my card...64gb though. I am too much in love with this combo...Zx2+FX750.

I think the 113GB internal will be enough for me, I've already put all the songs (about 300 files) I want into a 64GB micro getting ready to transfer to the internal memory, if I need more I have plenty memory cards lying around, few 16GB to128GB.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,882 of 14,755
Out of curiosity again, I tried the volume boost trick on ZX2, compared to ZX1 the SQ of ZX2 did not degrade as much as that on ZX1, my Z7 can be well driven with volume lower than 50%, if you guys found your phone seems have not enough juice out of stock setting ZX2, just try this trick to see if the raw power of ZX2 can drive your phone well.

What trick is that?

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,883 of 14,755
  I think the 113GB internal will be enough for me, I've already put all the songs (about 300 files) I want into a 64GB micro getting ready to transfer to the internal memory, if I need more I have plenty memory cards lying around, few 16GB to128GB.

Can you just go straight to internal from your computer?

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,884 of 14,755
I just got an update on my order. Its been delayed to 06/03/15
mad.gif
damn it!

Are you in the US? And when did you order it?

I ordered mine on 02/04/15 in the US.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,885 of 14,755

Can you just go straight to internal from your computer?

I think you can, I don't have it yet, I will be getting the ZX2 in June from Japan, it should be like the ZX1, drag and drop. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #1,889 of 14,755
  I think you can, I don't have it yet, I will be getting the ZX2 in June from Japan, it should be like the ZX1, drag and drop. 

Correct, it's drag and drop, just need "/music" at root.   You can have up to 6 sub folders from there...i.e.

/music/mp3/techno/(album)
/music/mp3/jazz/artist/(album
/music/hires/jazz/etc...

i don'tlike how mediago sorts it for you so i do drag and drop.  i use ALBUM sort and don't have any issues thus far in wplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back