SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 25, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,906 of 14,773
Anyone know how to correct the time? Mine is set three hours ahead for some reason and I find no way to change it.

It is under settings. You can change it to the time zone you are in and also to 24 hour time if you want. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #1,907 of 14,773
OMG was listening to music and did the above and...
HOLY *%$#@&   the volumeSPIKED immensely louder!!!

Turn it down **ALL THE WAY** before doing the above.

Besides being a blast (?), is this a temporary effect or it permanently increases the volume on your ZX?

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #1,908 of 14,773
Besides being a blast (?), is this a temporary effect or it permanently increases the volume on your ZX?

Don't know, I liked it with the sound 'effects' on. I use the EQ from time to time, but NOT when reviewing. The Noble K-10 Custom the sound became VERY loud and they do not need any extra volume boost as the stock setting has plenty of output power. Maybe when i get home and try the NW-ZX2 with the Audeze LCD-3...

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,909 of 14,773
Hi Everyone,

Started a new thread so this doesn't get 'lost' in the 127+ pages of this tread. Am going to be chatting with someone who can probably answer virtually ALL our questions about the Sony NW-ZX2. So...

Please post your questions about the Sony NW-ZX2 in the thread/link below and will do my best to get them answered considering the time constraint in access to this resource.

www.head-fi.org/t/756590/interview-with-sony-nw-zx2-your-questions-answered

As always, in the end what really matters is that you....

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #1,910 of 14,773
OMG was listening to music and did the above and...
HOLY *%$#@&   the volumeSPIKED immensely louder!!!

Turn it down **ALL THE WAY** before doing the above.

Let us know how the sound quality is in this mode, disabling the sound enhancements will be removing Sony's stock tuning and frequency equalization, which is done by software, so turning it off will result in a sound truer to the ZX2 hardware. With the ZX1 I found that it increased transparency and timing accuracy etc, it also reduced bass and increased treble, but that was just how the ZX1 hardware really sounded.

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #1,911 of 14,773
If I remember correctly from when I had the ZX1, the volume trick also seemed to lengthen the battery duration. I'm going to implement the output thing again soon here too...

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #1,914 of 14,773
What apps, processes can be turned off to preserve battery? (Or deleted completely) Mine seems to me dropping fast. Down to 89% after a half hour of usage. Screen set very dim, and only 15 seconds, no wifi, no bluetooth, no location services. Only using clear bass.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,915 of 14,773
What apps, processes can be turned off to preserve battery? (Or deleted completely) Mine seems to me dropping fast. Down to 89% after a half hour of usage. Screen set very dim, and only 15 seconds, no wifi, no bluetooth, no location services. Only using clear bass.

anything you don't use, the walkman only has Sony stuff or Google stuff.

Don't touch anything that doesn't have the name Google or in the Official App folder, which is in the app drawer,  and you should be good

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,916 of 14,773
I don't hear any volume difference. How do you turn sound tuning on again?

Someone said you may have to reboot to hear the volume difference.

To restore the sound tuning app, just enable it and reboot again.

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #1,917 of 14,773
Holy cow ! Turning off this sound effects app did really amped up the volume....it was like 5-7x if not 10x louder, so yes...please turn volume down all the way or else risk damaging your equipments and hearingsTurning off this sound effects app did really amped up the volume....it was like 5-7x if not 10x louder, so yes...please turn volume down all the way or else risk damaging your equipments and hearings and very disgusting to say. Beside the loudness, and some distortion is no longer there, i seems to hear more details and no changes to lows or highs quality so far

I disabled windows animation...and animation related stuff from this section as I went through others posts here, and my battery was preserved nicely! FLAC and 16/48 tracks are being played randomly for 8 hours continously and it is only down 20% where as it was twice as much yesterday....unless the ZX2 is burning in, and drain less as it progress.

I am approaching 40 hours mark !

Thanks to you for sound affect tunning trick, I really no longer do hear some ugly distortions anymore :) I thought it was intentionals from the mix, but it was this dang software thing

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,919 of 14,773
If its not too much to ask, could someone try a slightly more demanding headphone with the effects app turned off?  I would love to know how the MDR-Z7 sounds directly from the ZX2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back