SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 2, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #12,393 of 14,773
What do you pair it with?
smily_headphones1.gif
is it all its hyped up to be? It's taking forever for the second batch to ship out but currently I've got Duet (balanced) paired w my zx2 for long hours and I'm wondering how much better a cavalli desktop setup would be..

I have mine paired with an Emotiva Stealth DAC and Beyer T1.2 'phones. It sounds fantastic but I'm not familiar with the Duet so can't give a comparative opinion. I suspect differences may be minimal. Best bet is to give it a go and see what you think. You certainly won't have any problem selling the LC on if you decide to stick with the Duet.

It will be interesting to see how the new Cavalli portable (Liquid Spark) pairs with the ZX2 for those harder to drive 'phones.

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #12,394 of 14,773
Haha I know it's a flame magnet, but what's the point of having these gears when we can't experiment Just because of the common consensus?
smily_headphones1.gif

What was Sony thinking when they came up with all these sound adjustments surround settings anyway?
smily_headphones1.gif

Trying to keep an open mind here as maybe I missed something.

To be fair, I just (not so far back) heard what I thought was one of the best pairings yet (in a not so slightly really affordable) speaker setup and it reminded me all this gear, and yet none can still come close to a properly attenuated room+not-even-totl-speaker+proper amp(even though it was a class d)+cd player setup.
All of a sudden an invisible drummer is playing behind on the left, the singer slightly in front center, the guitarist on the right... Mind blowing. I've heard good home theatre setups, some nice speakers, but I must admit I haven't heard speakers etch out 3D characters like that. even while looking at the speakers, my brain refuses to believe the sound is coming from them...

I've tried good headphones sans the really expensive desktop amps though..but I gather they still can't come close to doing that. They might sound realistic but not in-person-live realism.

The true dream achievement would be to actually match that realistic 3D imaging goodness in a portable way..or even in desktop form.. Granted there's a lot of factors involved especially cost, well
Someone point me in the right direction please.

Incidentally, does anyone Here have the cavalli audio liquid carbon?

Well, i have LC

but i haven't used that combo for a long time.

The LC is an amazing piece of equipment, i love it.

but i decided i don't want to use the zx2 as a transport.

So instead i use my zx2 with iems and portable headphones,

and add an old fiio x5 to the LC.

but as far as i remember using lineout from zx2 with LC, sounded very good but still the low output of the zx2 is making me max the LC and at times i needed a bit more volume, but iam a loud listener i guess.

and using zx2 through normal headphone out sounds also very good and solves the low power issue but i feel something weird about the sound, i can put my hands on :D

anyway if you have LC on order, you will not regret it at all :D

and share your opinion when you receive it.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #12,395 of 14,773
after 10 days of being unable to listen to music with zx2/nt6 (due to an ear infection caused by too much sea swimming and water being trapped inside the ear canal)

i also got my left ear cleaned from some wax it had accumulated over the years , very curious if music will sound better now that my ears are 'clean' 
rolleyes.gif

anyway, i am finally back into sonic bliss land 
biggrin.gif
 , these 10 days passed REAL slow without music

music = greatest high of all 
L3000.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #12,398 of 14,773
Glad to hear your okay, I just ordered the 8.2 that are amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

They play awesome from the zx2

8.2 must be great ciem , let us know how it pairs with zx2

i will probably save up for the aether , we only live once and we should fulfill what our heart desires 
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #12,399 of 14,773
after 10 days of being unable to listen to music with zx2/nt6 (due to an ear infection)

i also got my left ear cleaned from some was it had , curious if music will sound better now :rolleyes:

anyway, i am finally back into sonic bliss land :D  , these 10 days passed REAL slow without music

music = greatest high of all :L3000:  

That is one reason why I also have full size headphones and not just iem's

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #12,400 of 14,773
That is one reason why I also have full size headphones and not just iem's

(edited my initial posts to avoid misundrstandings like this of why my ear got infected)

well , sea water was the reason for this ,  using my ciems had nothing to do with it

in fact many people get it when swimming too much (or diving) and it's because water gets stuck inside the ear canal and you don't take it out (when coming out)

having some ear wax ear probably made matters worse as it made the water trap worse - the right ear which was wax-free had no problems whatsoever

(plus i think what triggered everything was sleeping that night with the a/c on)

also never use q-tips , it is THE WORST thing we can do for our ears

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #12,402 of 14,773
(edited my initial posts to avoid misundrstandings like this of why my ear got infected)

well , sea water was the reason for this ,  using my ciems had nothing to do with it

in fact many people get it when swimming too much (or diving) and it's because water gets stuck inside the ear canal and you don't take it out (when coming out)

having some ear wax ear probably made matters worse as it made the water trap worse - the right ear which was wax-free had no problems whatsoever

(plus i think what triggered everything was sleeping that night with the a/c on)

also never use q-tips , it is THE WORST thing we can do for our ears

I was not implying that the iem were the cause, just that one reason I have full size phones is in case I can't use my iem for some reason like an infection

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #12,404 of 14,773
I was not implying that the iem were the cause, just that one reason I have full size phones is in case I can't use my iem for some reason like an infection

my mistake , i misunderstood your post 
tongue.gif

well at least it wasn't anything serious and it was a chance to have my ears cleaned from wax , so all is well now 
biggrin.gif

[ you have a point there but i will stick to ciems - i don't feel like opening one more ''pandora's box'' = full size HPs 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #12,405 of 14,773
I have mine paired with an Emotiva Stealth DAC and Beyer T1.2 'phones. It sounds fantastic but I'm not familiar with the Duet so can't give a comparative opinion. I suspect differences may be minimal. Best bet is to give it a go and see what you think. You certainly won't have any problem selling the LC on if you decide to stick with the Duet.

It will be interesting to see how the new Cavalli portable (Liquid Spark) pairs with the ZX2 for those harder to drive 'phones.

Thanks! So far, I'm running balanced on zx2 for mobile use and paired w Cypherlabs Duet has been very good for me with Ciems for long hours at work.. I add the mojo in between for LCD2 duties as it seems more powerful and cleaner sounding that way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back