SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 28, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #12,361 of 14,773
OK if it is more battery efficient I'm on board. Walkman OS. Smaller size. Same battery life. Same sound.

Walkman OS should be superior to any OS out there regarding sound quality...heck, even IOS from Apple can't even compare. It is a shame that IOS had been wrecking the balls Against Android OS regarding sound quality....even now...LoL

What I am trying to say is that if Zx2 had been implanted with Walkman OS...I don't think we would have such problems as high resolution digital output and down sampling...etc...etc.

You should check out Zx100 to see how great Walkman OS is. Zx2 in single ended couldn't compare

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #12,362 of 14,773
You should check out Zx100 to see how great Walkman OS is. Zx2 in single ended couldn't compare

so does this mean that zx100 in SE > zx2 in SE ?

have you compared them sonically ?

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #12,364 of 14,773
Walkman OS should be superior to any OS out there regarding sound quality...heck, even IOS from Apple can't even compare. It is a shame that IOS had been wrecking the balls Against Android OS regarding sound quality....even now...LoL

What I am trying to say is that if Zx2 had been implanted with Walkman OS...I don't think we would have such problems as high resolution digital output and down sampling...etc...etc.

It would be a dream for Sony to work with the streaming service providers to implement access to Tidal, Spotify etc. within Walkman OS.

I'm sure few of us want Android and all its baggage on our DAPs other than to access streaming.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #12,366 of 14,773
Hello , i don't understand ...there are people saying that the zx2 don't drive the ie800 well...i think that mine is the EU model (at least it has that big CE on the back) here is the level that i am earing it with the ie800 sorry the bad photo...

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #12,367 of 14,773
I love the ZX2 and wpuldrobably say it's my fVorite overall DAP if it would just have a !ore update version of android. I love its streaimng capabilities. I love its sound. I love their music player. I love its size. I love its battery life. Its OS is just dated. And I think if they stuck in phone functionality I would stroke out immediately.

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #12,368 of 14,773
Hello , i don't understand ...there are people saying that the zx2 don't drive the ie800 well...i think that mine is the EU model (at least it has that big CE on the back) here is the level that i am earing it with the ie800 sorry the bad photo...

There is no reason that the ZX2 couldn't drive them. They're pretty freaking sensitive. Honestly they're one of the more sensitive IEMs out there. Some amplifiers might have too high an output impedance, but that shouldn't be a big issue for the ZX2 either. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #12,369 of 14,773
Loving my ZX100 my baby came from warranty yesterday.... I love the buttons but if sony did implement a TOUCH WALKMAN OS on the walkman X series why sony don-t make it again a touch walkman os on the new zx3 hehe with top or side controls

hope there is a ZX3 releasea at ifa and hope that has touch sony os lol and double jack balanced or at least comes with an ADAPTER TRRS > Dual 3.5mm

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #12,370 of 14,773
There is no reason that the ZX2 couldn't drive them. They're pretty freaking sensitive. Honestly they're one of the more sensitive IEMs out there. Some amplifiers might have too high an output impedance, but that shouldn't be a big issue for the ZX2 either. 
hello , the ie800 are sensitive but are demanding about the quality of the source, and specification wise you must notice that the sensitive measure is made by ...db/1v and not ....db/1mw and thats a big diference

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #12,371 of 14,773

OK if it is more battery efficient I'm on board. Walkman OS. Smaller size. Same battery life. Same sound.

I am so used to the walkman OS.. I really missed my ZX199 whie it was for repair listening to music and then BUZZ BUZZ! damn whatsapp msgs LOL, then FB tiinnng! or some one calling me like listening to beethovens cello sonatas being interruted by a Brandenburg concerto No.3 first movement
biggrin.gif
 (ringtone)

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #12,372 of 14,773
hello , the ie800 are sensitive but are demanding about the quality of the source, and specification wise you must notice that the sensitive measure is made by ...db/1v and not ....db/1mw and thats a big diference

Freaking Sennheiser, and their (probably better) specs. You're right, of course. I missed the /V. Still, when you say that they're "demanding about the quality" that just means that they need a low impedance source. The ZX2 should still be able to drive them north of 118dB, so enough to damage your hearing. Of course, I don't know about the volume cap in the EU, that will affect it for sure, but I imagine it will still be pretty darn loud. 

I have not measured the ZX2, but here is a lower 12 Ohm load on the ZX1, as well as my phone and the AK300. Not perfect by any means. Around .5 dB high on the low end, hits close to +/- 0 in the mids, and  then rolls hard. Again, this is a lower impedance load, yours should be more flat. But even with that very low impedance load, you're keeping it within about +/- .5dB until around 7-8kHz. I would expect more from a Class D, which should when well implemented be pretty ideal for a low impedance IEM, but remember, that's the ZX1, they may have refined this for the 2. Someone else would have to measure it (or donate a ZX2 so I can 
wink.gif
)

You could test if you wanted. If you have any sort of decent line in on your computer, download some RMAA, and feed it a test signal, see what you get (note that your results won't be terribly accurate from RMAA for anything except frequency response, unless you have a pretty darn good audio interface, I don't even pay attention to the other measurements).

If you're worried, I would for sure test before you go and buy a different DAP, even if your computer has a terrible audio interface, you can get a Behringer UCA202 and a splitter cable to do a loaded test for around $30 out the door from Amazon. Might save you lots of bling in the long run. If you decide to do it, it's not hard at all, but reach out to someone with experience on getting it set up. I use my Merlins without worry, but it's important to not run them at such a loud volume that you're going to kill them with the test signal. You just need to run it at a normal listening level (you don't want to actually listen to them, you just don't want to max the volume with your DAP when your headphones are plugged in to them, the test signal will get pretty loud - so I leave it around my natural listening level for the Merlins) then apply some gain with Audacity to get the level high enough for RMAA to do its thing.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #12,374 of 14,773
I am torn between ZX2 / SW24 / SE425 and iPhone / Mojo / SE425. Err LOL. Both so good sounding. I 'blame' Melissa Menago and her album Little Crimes for my indecision! :wink:
If you haven't already, I urge you to get this album with the 25% discount if its still valid. Sounds incredible with my 'basic' IEM, so get your TOTL gear listening to this!

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #12,375 of 14,773
Help please folks! I have an album cover art problem I cannot solve.
Amber Rubarth - Sessions from the 17th Ward - copied to ZX2 and ok, album art displays correctly
Amber Rubarth - Scribbled Folk Symphonies - copied to ZX2, this includes the album cover as a .pdf file the same as the other album and yet it will not display this album art at all? I have the annoying Green background on my ZX2 as though the cover art does not exist.
EDIT - to say that I copied exactly the same album to my iPhone and the cover art works fine via Onkyo HF app on there. 
Any ideas please? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back