SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 29, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #12,376 of 14,773
I would not have expected a pdf file to work but I have never tried it. All my album art is jpg files

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #12,377 of 14,773
Many people dis-like Android OS
smily_headphones1.gif
. I would love to see a Walkman OS version of flagship devices coming from Sony. May be then I can keep Zx2 as an Android OS device and buy another one that runs Walkman OS

As someone happily using a Blackberry Passport, I have to say the OS can be better, more finely tuned to those of us who do care about sound quality, but the lack of interaction and compatibility would kill it; and Sony has a terrible record with maintaining software, as my z1060 and Xperia Mini Pro will attest!

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #12,378 of 14,773
I would not have expected a pdf file to work but I have never tried it. All my album art is jpg files

Right, I had my ZX100 choke on progressive JPG and enter a sudden reboot, a simple fix with photoshop and mp3tag fixed the problem

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #12,379 of 14,773
Guys! For those of you who's never used the "surround sound" under sound adjustment settings (as it really sounds sucky..) Try it with an amp in balanced mode.
Just for fun, decided to try it out just now and it doesn't sound half as bad as going amp-less.
Surprisingly, doesn't sound so artificial without an amp. Don't flame me for this though :) it's worth a try since the feature's there already.

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #12,380 of 14,773
Guys! For those of you who's never used the "surround sound" under sound adjustment settings (as it really sounds sucky..) Try it with an amp in balanced mode.
Just for fun, decided to try it out just now and it doesn't sound half as bad as going amp-less.
Surprisingly, doesn't sound so artificial without an amp. Don't flame me for this though
smily_headphones1.gif
it's worth a try since the feature's there already.

I am impressed you are brave enough to mention the sound app on here, never mind adding "surround mode" into the mix! 
wink_face.gif

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #12,381 of 14,773
I am impressed you are brave enough to mention the sound app on here, never mind adding "surround mode" into the mix! :wink_face:

Haha I know it's a flame magnet, but what's the point of having these gears when we can't experiment Just because of the common consensus? :)
What was Sony thinking when they came up with all these sound adjustments surround settings anyway? :)
Trying to keep an open mind here as maybe I missed something.

To be fair, I just (not so far back) heard what I thought was one of the best pairings yet (in a not so slightly really affordable) speaker setup and it reminded me all this gear, and yet none can still come close to a properly attenuated room+not-even-totl-speaker+proper amp(even though it was a class d)+cd player setup.
All of a sudden an invisible drummer is playing behind on the left, the singer slightly in front center, the guitarist on the right... Mind blowing. I've heard good home theatre setups, some nice speakers, but I must admit I haven't heard speakers etch out 3D characters like that. even while looking at the speakers, my brain refuses to believe the sound is coming from them...

I've tried good headphones sans the really expensive desktop amps though..but I gather they still can't come close to doing that. They might sound realistic but not in-person-live realism.

The true dream achievement would be to actually match that realistic 3D imaging goodness in a portable way..or even in desktop form.. Granted there's a lot of factors involved especially cost, well
Someone point me in the right direction please.

Incidentally, does anyone Here have the cavalli audio liquid carbon?

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #12,382 of 14,773
Hello after maybe 70/80 hours of burning in , what can i say...even having allready Lotoopaw gold, qp1r,etc this Dap is simply delicious, i don't know what sony made what secrets it has , ok the power is low but earing this machine with the ie800 is pure heaven , this dap has a sound signature that maybe is not the most real but is absolut pleasure the ears, it blows the ak240 out of the water ...

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #12,385 of 14,773
Hello after maybe 70/80 hours of burning in , what can i say...even having allready Lotoopaw gold, qp1r,etc this Dap is simply delicious, i don't know what sony made what secrets it has , ok the power is low but earing this machine with the ie800 is pure heaven , this dap has a sound signature that maybe is not the most real but is absolut pleasure the ears, it blows the ak240 out of the water ...

ignoring the power issue , how does zx2 stack up sound-wise vs pawgold/qp1r ?

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #12,386 of 14,773

ignoring the power issue , how does zx2 stack up sound-wise vs pawgold/qp1r ?

hello, well ....the Pawgold has more neutral ,how can i explain...it has punch but don't have that almost velvety sound caracter , is more flat and more "real", the qp1r is for my ears a little v shapped is very pleasent ,i like the three very much, but i think that the great advantage that this 2 players has against the zx2 is not the sound quality but the ability to drivr big cans

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #12,387 of 14,773
  hello, well ....the Pawgold has more neutral ,how can i explain...it has punch but don't have that almost velvety sound caracter , is more flat and more "real", the qp1r is for my ears a little v shapped is very pleasent ,i like the three very much, but i think that the great advantage that this 2 players has against the zx2 is not the sound quality but the ability to drivr big cans

Have you disabled the sound settings?

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #12,388 of 14,773

well i am a ciem user so zx2 power is fine to me , that's why i am asking about the sound quality

sound-wise , do you think all 3 are of the same quality ?

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #12,390 of 14,773

well i am a ciem user so zx2 power is fine to me , that's why i am asking about the sound quality

sound-wise , do you think all 3 are of the same quality ?

Not the same , the 3 produces sound with quality  but are 3 types of sound caracter, i like the 3 is like earing a good solid state amp and a good tube amp, but has allways is someone that does not like it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back