SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #12,421 of 14,773
Doubt these amps will not affect the stock sound of ZX2,as even pico slim brings it's own signature,the most neutral/cleanest of them all.

On another note i have a couple of playlists that read from PC(not editable),how do i remove them,anyone knows?

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #12,423 of 14,773
Finally got a cable for ZX2 to Mojo.  Eh, sounds pretty much the same as anything else to me, just glad I can finally use ZX2's storage and interface.

I feel Mojo still sounds a bit more alive, but ZX2 with TRRS is no joke.  Better soundstage/separation and just as detailed.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #12,425 of 14,773
Its from a DIY cable guy in China selling on Taobao.  If you are still interested I can link it, but I'm thinking its a pain in the ass for anyone outside of China to order it.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #12,426 of 14,773
  Finally got a cable for ZX2 to Mojo.  Eh, sounds pretty much the same as anything else to me, just glad I can finally use ZX2's storage and interface.

I feel Mojo still sounds a bit more alive, but ZX2 with TRRS is no joke.  Better soundstage/separation and just as detailed.

time to reterminate my NT6 cable into zx2 trrs then

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #12,427 of 14,773

time to reterminate my NT6 cable into zx2 trrs then

FYI, my comment is steered towards IEM's! (I'm assuming yours are)

As much improvement as TRRS is for the ZX2, the power delivery is still too weak for full-sized cans I own.

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #12,428 of 14,773

FYI, my comment is steered towards IEM's! (I'm assuming yours are)

As much improvement as TRRS is for the ZX2, the power delivery is still too weak for full-sized cans I own.

yeah NT6 is a CIEM , plus i have the Japan zx2 which drives my iems fine

it's been a while since i had a trrs cable (hybrid is SE) abd i do not remember the difference it brings to the sonic quality

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #12,431 of 14,773
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread before but I have HUGE warning for people in regards to SD cards

Yesterday I visited a friend acros the country who is borrowing a AK240 he's interested in buying, I told him to hold on until he gave my zx2 a listen with TRRS cable.

He took he's 200gb SD card out of the ak240 that included some 24bit and DSD music and put it into the zx2 to listen to he's own music.

Today he discovered that the Zx2 has deleated 80gb worth of 24bit and DSD music and created some other folders on the SD card.
The zx2 also took quite the time to read the SD card
So just be careful with your SD card and what you put it into :)

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #12,433 of 14,773
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread before but I have HUGE warning for people in regards to SD cards

Yesterday I visited a friend acros the country who is borrowing a AK240 he's interested in buying, I told him to hold on until he gave my zx2 a listen with TRRS cable.

He took he's 200gb SD card out of the ak240 that included some 24bit and DSD music and put it into the zx2 to listen to he's own music.

Today he discovered that the Zx2 has deleated 80gb worth of 24bit and DSD music and created some other folders on the SD card.
The zx2 also took quite the time to read the SD card
So just be careful with your SD card and what you put it into
smily_headphones1.gif

did the zx2 ask to erase the SD card? my experia does nothing unless i tell to nuke the SD card, same for my walkman OS ZX100, it just gives a warning that i must use the insert/remove microSD card option

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #12,435 of 14,773
35% is probably the part where it's done with internal storage , i always get a small stop/delay there when it
s scanning my music (usually after i have put on some new music to my sd card and it does the usual sd card reading / update)

once it took a bit more and i thought maybe it was bricked but after a minute it completed scanning up to 100%

just a thought i had , don't know what happened with your friend's card 

maybe bad format ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back