SONY NW-ZX2
May 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #11,656 of 14,773
  Good tempered enthusiasm/realism approach mate. Rather than just getting wrapped up in an instant love affair you are being fair and critical in your assessment of the ZX2. Glad you plan to stick with it and see how you feel after a few more weeks of brain burn-in. Regardless of how good a player is, sometimes the signature doesn't work for us, or maybe it doesn't synergize with our headphones or IEM. Good luck with the ZX2 and I hope it meets your expectations.

Well, I was underwhelmed with the Cowon to start with - and they don't recommend any burn-in, so when Sony says at least 100 hours - I'd be crazy not to take them at their word
L3000.gif
. And since just leaving it playing anything does the deed, its no great hardship to keep it cycling through the same old song when I'm not listening to it. I may well leave it running at home wilst I am at work just to shroten the timespan even further. Its a good job you can't where out an mp3 file....
biggrin.gif

I've read too many good things about this player from well respected sources who have no "skin in the game";  by the law of averages they can't all be wrong!!!!

May 15, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #11,657 of 14,773
May 15, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #11,658 of 14,773
Hey guys,

I've been away from android for a very long time, what music apps do you recommend for the zx2 and how do they fair compared to the stock player. I have a version of Poweramp, but was also looking at gonemad.

May 15, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #11,659 of 14,773
Hey guys,

I've been away from android for a very long time, what music apps do you recommend for the zx2 and how do they fair compared to the stock player. I have a version of Poweramp, but was also looking at gonemad.

Lots of info and oppinion about that in this thread. I've personally stuck with the stock player and disabled the sound enhancements app.

May 15, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #11,661 of 14,773
Hey guys,

The prevalent ones are Onkyo and Jet audio Plus.Can't go wrong with either one and doesn't hurt to have one more player for a change of signature to sony player.Having too many eats away at battery life but like nc8000 i prefer the stock player with sound adjustment disabled due to more natural sound.

May 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #11,662 of 14,773
The prevalent ones are Onkyo and Jet audio Plus.Can't go wrong with either one and doesn't hurt to have one more player for a change of signature to sony player.Having too many eats away at battery life but like nc8000 i prefer the stock player with sound adjustment disabled due to more natural sound.

Agreed, each player has their own features, but stock player has some untouchable perks. Say auto syncing on updated library, easy folder browsing, more power and is louder in volume over all, especially when you use Zx2 as a transport, the Stock player is the supreme playback for Zx2 being a digital transport

May 15, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #11,663 of 14,773

Thank you,will have a look

May 15, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #11,664 of 14,773
Is the stock interface really as bad as some of the videos on youtube shown?  Delays after screen presses etc?

May 15, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #11,665 of 14,773
Is the stock interface really as bad as some of the videos on youtube shown?  Delays after screen presses etc?

Zx2 is slow...it uses the processor of smartphone 8 years ago ? Or so ? I don't know, I just know it is slow. However, it is here for music, and not processing prowess in computing :D

May 15, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #11,666 of 14,773
Zx2 is slow...it uses the processor of smartphone 8 years ago ? Or so ? I don't know, I just know it is slow. However, it is here for music, and not processing prowess in computing
biggrin.gif

Oh I realise that but my 3rd gen ipod touch (not exactly the same in sound terms I know) has no such issues.  Quick interface, no delays, gapless playback etc etc.

May 15, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #11,667 of 14,773
Oh I realise that but my 3rd gen ipod touch (not exactly the same in sound terms I know) has no such issues.  Quick interface, no delays, gapless playback etc etc.

This is the point I had been going on forever....android is ways behind IOS in efficiency and eco....the proof is what you said, an iPod is much better than Zx2 due to the Operating system differences. However, android has some features that is more open to custom than iOS. One of the being is that Zx2 can play music from a wifi drive :D....you don't have to use internal or micro SD memory , you can have terra bite of wifi drive and zx2 to play from it

May 15, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #11,668 of 14,773
I bought the ZX2 exclusively to play my flac library, use it in flight mode and have no apps installed on it using just the stock player. No problems with lag or anything and gapless works flawlessly and gets 20-25 hours playback per charge. Powers my JH13, qJays and Sig Pro beautifully. Could not be happier for my use scenario

May 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #11,670 of 14,773
Tried akg3003 during the burn in and was a bit meh.... Just plugged in my shure 846..... damm...wow nice match! Very interested now in what will happen after 200 hours...

The se846 with ZX2 is a great combination and basically the only reason i keep my eu ZX2 and don't sell it.Get this cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE846-UE900-Fidue-A83-upgrade-cable-/181983121347  for TRRS plug and you will be set for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back