SONY NW-ZX2
May 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #11,672 of 14,773
May 16, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #11,679 of 14,773
Decided to sell two of my three sets of the Zx2 Walkman/Z7 headphones on ebay, and kept one.

I had three, one for each city I spent the most time in, mostly out of OCD because I would hate to scratch my walkman or headphones,
but also because Korean customs kept checking my bags 
and asking about my walkman and headphones 1 out of every 3 trips it seemed. 

Has anyone ever traveled with expensive set ups and had issues at customs questioning?

I go to Korea, Japan, LA and back constantly, every 2 weeks, so having a set in each port seemed to make sense at the time.... which is ridiculous,
and LA was cut down to only 3x per year,
so I posted my 2 extra sets and will brave customs now that the ZX2 is not brand new and all in the news for being "the $1000 walkman". 

May 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #11,681 of 14,773
Very nice. I think I'm going to track down a dock.

What do you think of the dock?

The dock is a must have IMO.  It allows Sony to really act as a very highend transport.  I'm using mine with the Yggdrasil DAC with very excellent results.  Remember, all you need is a wifi drive and the ZX2 can stream all of your music library.  However it is limited to 24/192 and no DSD streaming. I prefer the sound of the ZX2 + Dock as transport compared to my computer + D-link 192 to the Yggy DAC.

May 17, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #11,682 of 14,773
The dock is a must have IMO.  It allows Sony to really act as a very highend transport.  I'm using mine with the Yggdrasil DAC with very excellent results.  Remember, all you need is a wifi drive and the ZX2 can stream all of your music library.  However it is limited to 24/192 and no DSD streaming. I prefer the sound of the ZX2 + Dock as transport compared to my computer + D-link 192 to the Yggy DAC.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to track one down .

May 17, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #11,683 of 14,773
Urggghhh - big fat muddy clouded base - and where's the mid and high stuff gone?????!!! The chameleon morphs once again! Not sure where I am in the burn-in journey but boy, Sony really knows how to torture someone to get to a final destination! The journey continues.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back