SONY NW-ZX2
May 12, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #11,626 of 14,773

Thanks.

It's a cable!

Not life support.

I didn't say it was life support dude, but I have had a few of those cheap FiiO cables short out on me from being bent like that. Now, mind you, my situation was different in that I used them on the go going into pockets where the strain would have been greater. I guess if you are just leaving the rig flat and stationary it may not actually be as much of a problem.

May 12, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #11,627 of 14,773
  I didn't say it was life support dude, but I have had a few of those cheap FiiO cables short out on me from being bent like that. Now, mind you, my situation was different in that I used them on the go going into pockets where the strain would have been greater. I guess if you are just leaving the rig flat and stationary it may not actually be as much of a problem.

I actually damaged my L5 cable, buy carrying my DAP in my jeans pocket. It goes off now, with the slightest movement, fine if I keep it stationary, but that's not the purpose of a DAP, of course !

May 13, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #11,628 of 14,773
Oh boy, now I've gone and done it. Just pulled the trigger on an Amazon Warehouse deal for 438 GBP delievered for one of these babies. I'm curious as to how the NWZX2 sounds relative to the Cowon Plenue 1 I have. I absolutely love the sound of the Plenue and although I haven't been caught out yet, the relatively short battery life of the Plenue does annoy me. Still, got 30 days to evaluate - and decide if I can bear to be parted with my beloved Cowon to pay for the Sony.

May 13, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #11,629 of 14,773
Anybody heard the new Onkyo who owns the Sony ZX2? Any comparisons or  impressions of the two? 

Read SeanEdwars comparison between the two and he preferred the Onkyo. For the short time I had the Sony I loved the sound and build quality. So heavily leaning towards it. Have a chance to pick up a new one.

May 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #11,630 of 14,773
  Anybody heard the new Onkyo who owns the Sony ZX2? Any comparisons or  impressions of the two? 

Read SeanEdwars comparison between the two and he preferred the Onkyo. For the short time I had the Sony I loved the sound and build quality. So heavily leaning towards it. Have a chance to pick up a new one.

Over on the Onkyo thread, there appears to be quality issues with the balanced output jack of these - which if true is a shame as one of the its bigest selling points is the dual DACs which are only fully utrilised in balanced output mode. Also, I could be wong, but I don't think its officially available outside the far east yet - which if true, means you only have grey imports with questionable warranties to choose from.....

May 14, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #11,631 of 14,773
  Oh boy, now I've gone and done it. Just pulled the trigger on an Amazon Warehouse deal for 438 GBP delievered for one of these babies. I'm curious as to how the NWZX2 sounds relative to the Cowon Plenue 1 I have. I absolutely love the sound of the Plenue and although I haven't been caught out yet, the relatively short battery life of the Plenue does annoy me. Still, got 30 days to evaluate - and decide if I can bear to be parted with my beloved Cowon to pay for the Sony.

Same for me, but on amazon.de for 454 EUR. At last I can join the club...:) Can't wait to be delivered.
Till now I just read the forum, but now I could use some advise. Where in EU I can find compatible TRRS cable for my two cans - JVC HA-FX1100 and Senn ie80 for a reasonable price? Only offer that I found is for Linum balanced cable for the JVC, but is too expensive for me.
Also I need short compatible USB to WM port cable to use ZX2 for transport for my Pioneer XPA-700 but can't find any offer in EU?

May 14, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #11,632 of 14,773
Same for me, but on amazon.de for 454 EUR. At last I can join the club...:) Can't wait to be delivered.
Till now I just read the forum, but now I could use some advise. Where in EU I can find compatible TRRS cable for my two cans - JVC HA-FX1100 and Senn ie80 for a reasonable price? Only offer that I found is for Linum balanced cable for the JVC, but is too expensive for me.
Also I need short compatible USB to WM port cable to use ZX2 for transport for my Pioneer XPA-700 but can't find any offer in EU?

Linum don't do a 3,5 mm trrs cable

May 14, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #11,634 of 14,773
Wrong thread
Sorry

May 14, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #11,635 of 14,773
Also picked up an Amazon warehouse deal for £438, just arrived and on the charger. Cannot go wrong for that price , and the unit was mint , not sure why it we not sold as "like new" looking forward to having a play with it. Love the weight and how solid it is. Already prefer to my AK as it runs a full version of android and battery life is awesome.

May 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #11,636 of 14,773
Linum don't do a 3,5 mm trrs cable
I got the opportunity to try their prototype super bax 3
.5mms trrs with my ZX2 at canjam London 2015. Maybe he can contact Linux to buy that prototype demo cable :)

May 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #11,637 of 14,773
I got the opportunity to try their prototype super bax 3
.5mms trrs with my ZX2 at canjam London 2015. Maybe he can contact Linux to buy that prototype demo cable :)

I doubt they will sell that and when I communicated with them about it the reply was that they had no plans to come out with one in any foreseable future

May 14, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #11,638 of 14,773
Does the Sony recognize a card with higher capacity than the 128GB in the SD slot? And can you use the higher storage say like a 200GB card?

May 14, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #11,639 of 14,773
Does the Sony recognize a card with higher capacity than the 128GB in the SD slot? And can you use the higher storage say like a 200GB card?

Yes 200GB works fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back