SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 11, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #11,326 of 14,755
@Sonic Defender  , what's the script line here ? 
tongue.gif

darthsmile.gif

dt880smile.png

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #11,327 of 14,755
I think this is likely where Whitigir friends sit him down for an intervention and explain that life isn't really all about finding new ways to strap **** together. I imagine they may tell him how concerned they are about his chalky white, indoor appearance and that what little hair he had is now permanently flattened into the shape of a headband. His wife will almost be pleading him to stop sleeping with his toys by the bed because it is just disturbing to hear him talk to them in his sleep. Something like that.

Almost forgot, his close friends would say, while we were really happy you were there to share our wedding celebration with us, it was great to have you there, but you kind of killed the reception by setting up a headphone listening station and getting everybody to compare the ZX2 with and without the PHA3. Sweet, but kind of a buzz kill.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #11,329 of 14,755
ROFLMAO
biggrin.gif
I am about to bring this stack to a younger in law wedding later this year

I want to say that I'm surprised mate, I really do. LOL.

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #11,330 of 14,755
ROFLMAO
biggrin.gif
I am about to bring this stack to a younger in law wedding later this year

i can almost see you

church , the priest goes the ' if anyone objects bla bla ' part 

and @Whitigir stands up , looking like a modern head-fi Walter/John Goodman ( from the Big Lebowfski) wearing a black/ISIS style bandana
ph34r.gif
  and holding his bomb setup/stack, and he goes on a rant about how his friends didn't die in the mud at Ke San listening to their SONY tape walkmans so that people in here would listen to 128kbps mp3 itunes off their ****ty I-phones with even ****tier Apple earbuds 

Quick cut , next frame shows him eating wedding cake sitting in a table all by himself , to the farthest corner of the wedding party hall 

duggehsmile.png

jecklinsmile.gif

beyersmile.png

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #11,331 of 14,755

i can almost see you

church , the priest goes the ' if anyone objects bla bla ' part 

and @Whitigir stands up , looking like a modern head-fi Walter/John Goodman ( from the Big Lebowfski) wearing a black/ISIS style bandana
ph34r.gif
  and holding his bomb setup/stack, and he goes on a rant about how his friends didn't die in the mud at Ke San listening to their SONY tape walkmans so that people in here would listen to 128kbps mp3 itunes off their ****ty I-phones with even ****tier Apple earbuds 

Quick cut , next frame shows him eating wedding cake sitting in a table all by himself , to the farthest corner of the wedding party hall 

duggehsmile.png

jecklinsmile.gif

beyersmile.png

Now that is seriously funny. What do you think Whitigir, after a few drinks could this happen?

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #11,332 of 14,755
  Now that is seriously funny. What do you think Whitigir, after a few drinks could this happen?

imagine whitigr with his bomb stack inside the subway and him grunting weird sounds due to his immense sonic pleasure

ah, good times for all the passengers until they board the wagon 
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #11,334 of 14,755
Enjoying my ZX2 with qJays V2 since the cable for my JH13 has developed a loose connection in the plug to the left earpiece

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #11,335 of 14,755
Lol , getting weirder every minutes by the imaginations
biggrin.gif
let's get back on topic

Okay, enough having fun at your expense, but it was a nice little diversion. So you didn't say if you had a preference for the PHA3/ZX2 or the Micro/ZX2 combinations? Maybe you don't have any preference at all as I'm sure they are both very good.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #11,336 of 14,755
Interesting argument. Do you know of any decent Android DAPs with lots of storage, good SQ and better upgradability?
I have lost the overview a while ago
smily_headphones1.gif

Onkyo DP-X1 has two micro SD slots and is Android 5 based.

Forthcoming iBasso DX-200 has two slots, removable amp modules, but OS is not yet confirmed.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #11,337 of 14,755
Enjoying my ZX2 with qJays V2 since the cable for my JH13 has developed a loose connection in the plug to the left earpiece

Sad to hear that,especially with pricey iems like these and coming off the se846 thread where a couple of members have problem with the glue spreading over to drivers and other parts i can say i am a bit irritated  by a growing number of iems of this bracket showing defects after a couple of years and when they're right out of warranty and due to no misuse/fault of the owner.Jh and Shure are top of this list unfortunately as i read quality issues also with Angies and kse1500.

To reaffirm your favourite sound is stock player with trrs and sound adjustment disabled right?Imo after hearing the other apps this sounds most natural to my ears.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #11,338 of 14,755
Okay, enough having fun at your expense, but it was a nice little diversion. So you didn't say if you had a preference for the PHA3/ZX2 or the Micro/ZX2 combinations? Maybe you don't have any preference at all as I'm sure they are both very good.

Both are very good, there are pros and cons on both. But it would be much easier to decide on just the connections alone. If you like balanced, you would prefer PHA-3 more, and if SE, then micro IDSD. But if connections is no objection, then I would say both just carry different type of sound signatures. I need to burn-in pha-3 more, but judging them both right now. I think it will just come down to basic features if one have to decide on which is to keep.

More power, superb single ended, transportable, faster charging = Ifi micro IDSD

More portability, good single ended, superior balanced connection, charging while operating = PHA-3

Sound signature, I think IDSD is more of a classy older school sound signature VS the PHA-3 which is much more modern and more neutral than IDSD.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #11,339 of 14,755
Sad to hear that,especially with pricey iems like these and coming off the se846 thread where a couple of members have problem with the glue spreading over to drivers and other parts i can say i am a bit irritated  by a growing number of iems of this bracket showing defects after a couple of years and when they're right out of warranty and due to no misuse/fault of the owner.Jh and Shure are top of this list unfortunately as i read quality issues also with Angies and kse1500.

To reaffirm your favourite sound is stock player with trrs and sound adjustment disabled right?Imo after hearing the other apps this sounds most natural to my ears.

Fortunately it is the plug on the cable that is the problem so have ordered a new set of plugs that a friend will solder on. The JH13 themselves are fine and I'm amazed sinced I've had them over 6 years and used them nearly every day.

And yes still trrs, stock player and sound enhancement app disabled. The qJays with just trs sound very, very good though, I'm almost not missing the JH13.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #11,340 of 14,755
Jh13 FQ is one of the ciems i wanna try , i am intrigued bu its sonic description

if i like my first custom experience and decide to stay on the ciem path , i may buy one used if it comes for sale at a price around 400$

btw, i decided to try the stock player (sound enhancements off) to change a bit from the poweramp player which has been my player for the last 3-4 months

i like what i am hearing , sounds like a more full body sound , i think it's better with neutral/clear iems 

zx2 is a really nice dap , i can not pinpoint any big weaknesses in it 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back