SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #11,296 of 14,755
  Trying to imagine Whitigir at the airport, the metal detector goes off he brings the Sony stack out and the guns come out, they yell drop it now, Whitigir says are you nuts, this stack is too expensive to drop, just let me put it on the table. Whitigir gets shot multiple times. Very sad. Moral of the story is that a thick stack of Sony metal may be lethal.

dt880smile.png

k701smile.gif

darthsmile.gif

jecklinsmile.gif
o2smile.gif

beyersmile.png

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #11,299 of 14,755
Just charging my iDSD Micro now mate. While I'm into Bluetooth, it is nice to have a rather transportable amp/dac around. Hopefully my OTG cable arrives so I can use my G3 as a source.

How do you like it so far (oh, I forgot you have to fully charge it before the first use, and remember to break in as it also uses huge capacitor So) ? And that was a so fast purchase lol

It's because you said idsd micro sounds better than ZX2 which it  might well be the case as reading some online reviews put it on par with hugo and one claim to replace a $10000 desktop system.

I even hated myself for admitting it, and accepting it ... Lol, I even hated it more because it doesn't offer Balanced out :mad: . I never heard of Hugo, but I know the one thing was that I prefered Micro IDSD over the Mojo :wink: .

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #11,300 of 14,755
  It's because you said idsd micro sounds better than ZX2 which it  might well be the case as reading some online reviews put it on par with hugo and one claim to replace a $10000 desktop system.

The iDSD is a remarkable value given its performance.  Some reviewer also place the PHA3 as being as good as the Hugo as well.  To be quite frank, ZX2 is a great sounding portable player...but a full-size rig can sound a whole lot better from my experience.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #11,301 of 14,755
To be fair though not all reviews are sunshine and rainbows and reading the comments on headfonia puts things into perspective.http://www.headfonia.com/review-ifi-idsd/2/
Guess nothing like hearing things with your own ears and   gear and here in headfi (not talking about Whitigir who gives honest and detailed impressions rather idsd thread) there is overexcitement.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #11,302 of 14,755
How do you like it so far (oh, I forgot you have to fully charge it before the first use, and remember to break in as it also uses huge capacitor So) ? And that was a so fast purchase lol
I even hated myself for admitting it, and accepting it ... Lol, I even hated it more because it doesn't offer Balanced out
mad.gif
. I never heard of Hugo, but I know the one thing was that I prefered Micro IDSD over the Mojo
wink.gif

I really like it, I did use it for about half an hour even though it wasn't fully charged. It shouldn't matter unless they use a battery from 1998 when battery memory was still an issue.

It is okay, like I always said, the ZX2 can't be king for ever right? I look forward to spending more time with the Micro tonight.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #11,303 of 14,755
  To be fair though not all reviews are sunshine and rainbows and reading the comments on headfonia puts things into perspective.http://www.headfonia.com/review-ifi-idsd/2/
Guess nothing like hearing things with your own ears and   gear and here in headfi (not talking about Whitigir who gives honest and detailed impressions rather idsd thread) there is overexcitement.

Yes, everyone experience will differ.  There is nothing like trying gears out using your own rigs in a quite room using your reference track.  Then there is preference, etc.  Best thing to do is to find someone with similar taste of music & sound that you can trust and go from there.  The best reviewers are usually someone who has no interest in any commercial gain or bias...which are not many in our hobby.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #11,305 of 14,755
Two things:

Stacks and flying. I had the weirdest and most badass stacks with me and was never even asked what that is during any security checks including flying into the US from the Middle East! BUT! I have gotten very weird looks while assembling my stack in my seat. In business class it's rather interested looks (seems nobody thinks the bad guys would fly business) and sometimes a interested question, in economy it's mostly scared looks hahaha that end once I put some earphones into my ears.

Re: iDSD. I have yet to find an audiophile in my circle who didn't like it. Many bought one. The only upgrade path I see for it is the Chord Hugo. Especially since the latest upgrade in the firmware. I had the Mojo at home for a week and while I think it might be a tad better DAC wise, I couldn't find a reason why I should change....

But - as you guys rightly say- if it doesn't work for you, all ears are different - never buy something you don't like. And enjoy what you like, no matter what others think, if it's $10 or $1,000. We all want to hear our music the best way possible.....

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #11,307 of 14,755
Apr 9, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #11,309 of 14,755
Talk about Stacking ? I am not done stacking yet. Now this is calling it done "properly"

Zx2+PHA-3+ 10,200mAh battery with 2.4 Amp out. Could this be made into a bomb ? I think so...lol

this looks like a bomb and the cable is like a fuse/detonator

xaxaaxaxxaaxaxaxaxaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back