SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #11,283 of 14,755
These cables are used on Balanced out toward Z7 headphones, and yes.
smily_headphones1.gif
6n purity solid silver and high content silver solder joints. Mini 3.5 plugs to the headphones connections, and standard 3.5 plugs for PHA-3

Fabulous job!  the Z7 love silver.  Where did you source the AG? :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #11,285 of 14,755
Lavricables would be the only one I recommend for silver cables every time
biggrin.gif

Just charging my iDSD Micro now mate. While I'm into Bluetooth, it is nice to have a rather transportable amp/dac around. Hopefully my OTG cable arrives so I can use my G3 as a source.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #11,286 of 14,755
Apr 8, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #11,289 of 14,755
  Don't try to pass European airports carrying the above stack kids.You might end up making new friends in prison.

LOL, seriously, you could get shot I'll bet. I had a PHA 3 stack for a while, really nice sound, but just too bulky for true portable use like the work commute. Great for a work desk set-up mind you.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #11,290 of 14,755
  Don't try to pass European airports carrying the above stack kids.You might end up making new friends in prison.

I am sure that they will be okay with the "Sony" branded name.  DIY amps are another story, IMO.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #11,291 of 14,755
Trying to imagine Whitigir at the airport, the metal detector goes off he brings the Sony stack out and the guns come out, they yell drop it now, Whitigir says are you nuts, this stack is too expensive to drop, just let me put it on the table. Whitigir gets shot multiple times. Very sad. Moral of the story is that a thick stack of Sony metal may be lethal.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #11,293 of 14,755
  Trying to imagine Whitigir at the airport, the metal detector goes off he brings the Sony stack out and the guns come out, they yell drop it now, Whitigir says are you nuts, this stack is too expensive to drop, just let me put it on the table. Whitigir gets shot multiple times. Very sad. Moral of the story is that a thick stack of Sony metal may be lethal.

Vince is a great dude...the TSA agent finally agreed.  They left their post with better sounding headphones rig at the end of the day.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #11,294 of 14,755

LOL, I would put it on te bin that goes to the X-ray machinery just as my laptop etc, or leave it on the backpack and pass the backpack thru the x-ray.

I had my ASUS external DVD burner, cables, fiio x3, headphones in te backpack and ir passed the x-ray without incident.... ecept for me as i forgot to remove my casio wrist watch in ahem Dallas USA, crazy dudes seriously... after etending my arm and unbuttoning my sleeve they took my watc and scanned it LOL swabbed it with someting and then said it's OK
biggrin.gif

In London UK, hehe the metal detctector beeped on me and they couldn't find anything wrong and they just let me pass, that was in 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Back