SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #11,341 of 14,755
Jh13 FQ is one of the ciems i wanna try , i am intrigued bu its sonic description

if i like my first custom experience and decide to stay on the ciem path , i may buy one used if it comes for sale at a price around 400$

btw, i decided to try the stock player (sound enhancements off) to change a bit from the poweramp player which has been my player for the last 3-4 months

i like what i am hearing , sounds like a more full body sound , i think it's better with neutral/clear iems 

zx2 is a really nice dap , i can not pinpoint any big weaknesses in it :D

Yeah, 3rd party app friendliness, and differences that you can observe on different apps = you will never get bored :D. Yeah, there is 1 weakness....I freaking hate that Walkman port

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #11,342 of 14,755
Yeah, 3rd party app friendliness, and differences that you can observe on different apps = you will never get bored
biggrin.gif
. Yeah, there is 1 weakness....I freaking hate that Walkman port

i have the stock player , poweramp, gonemad , onkyo

4 players in 1 

when my customs and my 200gb sd card arrive , i will be set for good 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #11,344 of 14,755
Yeah well,apart from the proprietary  port and the limited output of eu sonys if we want to get critical,for the money and the quality innards the ZX2 should have that sound from default,no trrs,no disabling sound adjustment(i kind of liked using clear bass for edtm) because frankly the ZX2 without them is not that far off an a15,even though it wins in soundstage.The sound was veiled ,the treble was not crisp at all and lacked separation, and the dynamics were not there,muddy bass,vocals without life, i can go on.Looking at online reviews which i know they never did those things apart from one which was mentioned i have a hard time not thinking whether  some were a little  too biased  towards Sony and wanting to be pleasant  looking at the scores and the superlatives used at the sound ratings.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #11,345 of 14,755
Yeah well,apart from the proprietary  port and the limited output of eu sonys if we want to get critical,for the money and the quality innards the ZX2 should have that sound from default,no trrs,no disabling sound adjustment(i kind of liked using clear bass for edtm) because frankly the ZX2 without them is not that far off an a15,even though it wins in soundstage.The sound was veiled ,the treble was not crisp at all and lacked separation, and the dynamics were not there,muddy bass,vocals without life, i can go on.Looking at online reviews which i know they never did those things apart from one which was mentioned i have a hard time not thinking whether  some were a little  too biased  towards Sony and wanting to be pleasant  looking at the scores and the superlatives used at the sound ratings.

Exactly, and what do we call it ? Marketing strategies back fired ? :D lol....poor Sony.

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #11,346 of 14,755
I would not get a class 10 card of that size unless you plan to dump your music once and forget it (leave it overnight).  If you are like me and change your library fairly often, a higher speed card is worth the little bit extra.  More of the ultra high speed cards are coming to market.  I am waiting for those to drop and then will pull the trigger.  My 64 U3 works for now and I just have to be a little more picky until the 200 U3 or better has better competition to help the prices out.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #11,348 of 14,755
  I would not get a class 10 card of that size unless you plan to dump your music once and forget it (leave it overnight).  If you are like me and change your library fairly often, a higher speed card is worth the little bit extra.  More of the ultra high speed cards are coming to market.  I am waiting for those to drop and then will pull the trigger.  My 64 U3 works for now and I just have to be a little more picky until the 200 U3 or better has better competition to help the prices out.

That was my reason for not recommending Sandisk 200GB.  At 14-15 mb/sec is just way too slow to load hi-rez file.  I'm excited to see newer cards with 200GB capacity to get 25-30 mb/sec write speed soon.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #11,354 of 14,755
Apr 12, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #11,355 of 14,755
i can almost see you

church , the priest goes the ' if anyone objects bla bla ' part 

and @Whitigir
 stands up , looking like a modern head-fi Walter/John Goodman ( from the Big Lebowfski) wearing a black/ISIS style bandana :ph34r:   and holding his bomb setup/stack, and he goes on a rant about how his friends didn't die in the mud at Ke San listening to their SONY tape walkmans so that people in here would listen to 128kbps mp3 itunes off their ****ty I-phones with even ****tier Apple earbuds 

Quick cut , next frame shows him eating wedding cake sitting in a table all by himself , to the farthest corner of the wedding party hall 

:duggfloat:  :jecklinsmile:  :beyersmile:  

I'm finishing my coffee dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back