SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 23, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #10,307 of 14,755
I think the only time other daps can use this kind of portable class D technology, with super capacitors.

Will be when Sony provide the license and sell it to them, in a module. Lol.

Made me laugh, but yes, this was the reason why I justified Sony Zx2 pricing. They invested their best into it, and not using anything 3rd party off the shelves DAC like other companies :D

But if Sony could just answer my question....why does the stock player app sound so bad ?....without disable the sound adjustment, it was just bad....however now with sound-adjustment enabled, and Poweramp alpha, I ask that question...why Sony ? Why ?

Guys, the above info were released when Zx2 was announced...I just simply re-visit it to remind you. I really had high hope to have Zx2 replaced.....it is more than 1 year old to me....I want an upgrade !!

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #10,308 of 14,755
  Hahaha, you guys should really stop now. I'm almost regretting I bought the P1 instead of the ZX2 (I was really torn up between these 2 daps) some months ago
biggrin.gif

As for the SE846, I've heard it sometimes (with blue filters only) and from memory I thought it sounded very good. But I don't remember that it sounded as freaking good (looking at you also, audioxxx & rookie2009
wink.gif
) as the one that I have in my ears while typing this. BUT! I heard it from another source (I think it was DX90 at that time, without trrs connection) and as Caruryn mentioned, synergy plays a major part in the whole listening experience. So, if I ever get the chance I would love to audition the SE846 some time again and of course same goes for the ZX2 (which I unfortunatelly never have auditioned)
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers to ya all and I (still) like lurking this thread
biggrin.gif

Kerouac I've said my opinion on se846 with dx90 on the shure thread and how lifeless,thin and boring it sounded despite the detailed sound and lack of hiss and how a mistake pairing those two is as evidenced by other dx90 members.No need to audition ZX2 and se846 without Trrs you won't be blown away.As we've said here the dynamics and trebles really lacking,actually i prefer the treble of my old f805 vs ZX2 stock.Always great to see your postings,they are insightful and entertaining.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #10,309 of 14,755
i am 100% happy with ZX2 , i can live with it for the next months easily and have no hunger for a ZX3 yet

what's great with poweramp is the fact than both k3003 and UM Miracles sound 'better' (or maybe it's just the better synergy that does this?) and almost like there is an upgrade in their sound

in fact , i don't know whether i still wanna sell my K3003 , i am sure there are better iems out there , but i don't think a 1000 euro iem will sound 2 times better (seeing that i would have to sell mine for arund 500 euros)

now i am VERY curious , how better the Miracles will sound if i reshell them (since the uni fit is mediocre)

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #10,310 of 14,755
Hahaha, you guys should really stop now. I'm almost regretting I bought the P1 instead of the ZX2 (I was really torn up between these 2 daps) some months ago :D

As for the SE846, I've heard it sometimes (with blue filters only) and from memory I thought it sounded very good. But I don't remember that it sounded as freaking good (looking at you also, audioxxx & rookie2009 :wink: ) as the one that I have in my ears while typing this. BUT! I heard it from another source (I think it was DX90 at that time, without trrs connection) and as Caruryn mentioned, synergy plays a major part in the whole listening experience. So, if I ever get the chance I would love to audition the SE846 some time again and of course same goes for the ZX2 (which I unfortunatelly never have auditioned) :)

Cheers to ya all and I (still) like lurking this thread :D  

At this point I am using the TRS output on my Solar iem's, and no kidding, I am blown away right now with the sound, what an update from TRRS on the ue900. It's completely out done loops around the ue900/p7 over in every way and then some more.

I can only imagine what TRRS will bring to the Solar, I haven't changed plugs because I like using the Solar in other sources right now, as well.

Solar sound great on anything, (even a analog fm radio), and scale with incredible synergy, with the ZX2.

(+the plug is iridium) I am looking for a quality iridium, TRRS plug.
But, however,,, don't want to carry an adapter for trs. So stopped thinking about it for now.:nerd:

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #10,312 of 14,755
At this point I am using the TRS output on my Solar iem's, and no kidding, I am blown away right now with the sound, what an update from TRRS on the ue900. It's completely out done loops around the ue900/p7 over in every way and then some more.

I can only imagine what TRRS will bring to the Solar, I haven't changed plugs because I like using the Solar in other sources right now, as well.

Solar sound great on anything, (even a analog fm radio), and scale with incredible synergy, with the ZX2.

(+the plug is iridium) I am looking for a quality iridium, TRRS plug.
But, however,,, don't want to carry an adapter for trs. So stopped thinking about it for now.:nerd:

The Solar is a very interesting iem and at the top of the universals along oriolus and i would say 1964Ears U12.Definitely find the Trrs plug,the scaling will be awesome i'm sure.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #10,313 of 14,755
I feel so bad to bring you guys into the TRRS addiction...I can not stop craving for TRRS...I made all of my gears adapted into TRRS roflmao

When I changed the plug on the ue900 around 6 months ago it was a game changer with them.
With the ability of the Solar it should be interesting what it will do, I am tempted to terminate it with the gold TRRS I have here, but it has an iridium on the Solar 2.98sg cable, it's goto be TRRS iridium to be done right, I figure.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #10,314 of 14,755
  now i am VERY curious , how better the Miracles will sound if i reshell them (since the uni fit is mediocre)

giphy.gif

Imo when you have fit/seal issues with your Miracles, you're wasting precious listening time over there mate 
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #10,315 of 14,755
The Solar is a very interesting iem and at the top of the universals along oriolus and i would say 1964Ears U12.Definitely find the Trrs plug,the scaling will be awesome i'm sure.

I agree you will love the Solar, it was you who first brought my attention to them. Thanks..

I can blame you for killing my wallet.:persevere: lol

Edit:Whoops it was @proedros who did it, I take that back.. Sorry.

It was a happy sacrificial ending to my money, as well @proedros. So my buyers remorse is minimal, and diminishing every listening session. :money_mouth:

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #10,316 of 14,755

giphy.gif

Imo when you have fit/seal issues with your Miracles, you're wasting precious listening time over there mate 
wink.gif

yeah i am gonna reshell them , i feel like i am getting a 70% of their potential now them being universal fit

I will also keep the K3003 - they sound great off my ZX2 and without TRRS 

and then i will save up and buy Solar(or some other TOTL iem) 
tongue.gif

man , poweramp alpha is THE BOMB

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #10,317 of 14,755
I feel so bad to bring you guys into the TRRS addiction...I can not stop craving for TRRS...I made all of my gears adapted into TRRS roflmao

I am willing to say that unless you use Trrs the ZX2 is not worth the initial  high price tag more like $500 on sq alone.There is a reason why we see so many conflicting reviews and opinions saying that it doesn't sound much better than a15 maybe 20% and need to hear closely to spot the differences like cnet and others that claim  is better than ak120ii and ak240.Even those that give it very good remarks no mention on their  review with headfones of trrs.If they only knew.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #10,319 of 14,755
Btw, do not turn on EQ functions in Alpha poweramp, you can use tone adjustment of bass/trebles, only use EQ from stock sound adjustment....the EQ in Poweramp alpha will bring about distortions

i dn't use any eq (only a 20-25% treble tone option) but are you sure that using the stock eq influences the poweramp player ?

how is that possible ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back