SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #10,321 of 14,755
Hey guys noooob question
How and where to download poweramp alpha
Early thx for your help :D

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #10,323 of 14,755
Ok, so I learned something interesting today as well. Take a look at the quoted from an online post, which does make sense: related to "hiss" level

Quoted://///

Okay, everyone here needs to take a step back. I am an actual analog circuit designer, so here is my take:

First of all, let me start by saying I'm sure, just like everyone else, that these devices have no practical effect on the audio produced by pretty much any practical system. That said, people seem to be confused about the nature of noise in a system.

As the story correctly notes, digital systems are inherently noise resistant, and often include error correction. There is no SD card or cable in the world that will help improve digital transmission if all the data is already being successfully transmitted. However, analog systems are susceptible to noise. In fact, a significant amount of analog design is dedicated to dealing with noise. In addition to random noise, which is introduced by thermal movement or other random processes in the devices, analog signals are also susceptible to interference, or other nearby signals which can corrupt the analog signal. Nearby electromagnetic fields can couple to analog traces on the board, degrading performance. A significant effort goes into carefully routing and shielding analog traces, as well as moving sources of interference further away.

High speed digital systems are a large source of interference. The fact that digital systems involve several wires switching at "full swing" at high frequency means that it produces a comparatively large electromagnetic field in the immediate vicinity. Again, a significant effort goes into keeping digital and analog components apart from each other in high quality audio systems. If your analog trace goes next to a memory running at hundreds of MHz, it will effectively increase the noise floor of your audio.

It is conceivably possible that Sony actually did design an SD card which generates less electromagnetic interference (EMI). This could conceivably lessen the amount of interference coupled into an audio signal somewhere. That said... it's not going to make any difference in reality. If the SD card noise was having a practical effect on your audio then the whole systems was crap to begin with. So, as I think everyone in this thread can agree, this is snake oil.

///// end quote

Link
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/sony-will-sell-a-premium-sound-microsdxc-card-to-audiophiles-in-japan/

Then I take a look at this picture of the Zx2. It does look that Sony Zx2 CPU and memory are shielded by this copper gold plated chassis away from the analog circuitry. However the micro-SD slot is not, and to all that wonder, class D amp biggest weakness is EMI

Hence the reason why, ZX2 is armored from the CPU to memory to the body...however the micro SD sit right next to the analog circuitry of class D amping, and by using bad quality micro SD, it would introduce hiss. May I kindly ask people who have heard "hiss" with Zx2 to provide the info if they were listening to MicroSD or internal memory ?

Because for micro-SD, Sony released the Micro-SD that would shield away the EMI which is self-generated when Data is being drawn from the MicroSD card itself. Which you can see above.

To further read into class D and EMI and class D weakness, please read here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class-D_amplifier

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #10,325 of 14,755
Well, i still enjoy stock player better but something is annoying me now,

My library on poweramp shows 1000+ songs more than stock player,

And i dont know which songs are not read by stock player.

19500 vs 18300 songs.

its pretty annoying for me right now that i cant point them out :D

btw i set poweramp to scan only music folders ..

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #10,327 of 14,755
Looking for a rhodium TRRS plug, this is the one I'm after, not sure why it's so expensive.

http://r.ebay.com/of6rdf

But a very nice looking plug, might have to bite the bullet, the 2.5mm trrs is only $35.00.
Not sure why the 3.5mm trrs is nearly double the price.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #10,332 of 14,755
Why rhodium plated ? I wish I could buy silver plated jacks...plugs

Not sure why it's better, it's extremely expensive.

About Rhodium price volatility: rhodium is never mined for its own self because it's too rare for that to be feasible; rather, it's a minor by-product from platinum mining & refining. So, when platinum is in high demand and a lot is being mined, a lot of rhodium is available, and its price can decline to about the same price as gold; but when platinum mining is down, rhodium is virtually unavailable and becomes fabulously costly (over $12,000 ounce at one point in 2011 when gold was well under $1,000 an ounce).

And is used for white gold, apparently makes diamonds look bigger:open_mouth:.
Source: http://www.finishing.com/faqs/whitegold.shtml

What it does for audio?

Probably nothing, it will be very durable, and last a long time, through many plugin's and out's. So it will outlive your sockets, and not look scuffed after a year.

But I believe silver or gold to be the better conductors for audio. And won't wear the female socket out.
(I think I just talked my self out of iridium) lol

Maybe if I put it next to the Mrs diamond, it might make her happy?

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #10,335 of 14,755
Yeah, they need to make silver plated plugs, don't know why they don't.

I agree, I am sticking to the cheap gold plated TRRS now, bugger iridium.
Ranko does have silver 3.5 trrs plugs. But it doesn't go by the REP-xxx lineup.
Check the photo gallery of the Rhapsodio thread to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back