SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 21, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #10,276 of 14,755
It is fairly simple, these 2 are distinctively different but yet if you can answer the questions

Do you want to hear the emotions and expressions of your music ? Or do you want details and clarity that you can pick a part ?

The answer would point you to Zx2 or DP-X1 accordingly. That is sound quality wise, power wise, Onkyo has the obvious upper hand

you shuld post the IQ/EQ ratings and what these mean - it would be helpful to people here i think

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #10,278 of 14,755
It is fairly simple, these 2 are distinctively different but yet if you can answer the questions

Do you want to hear the emotions and expressions of your music ? Or do you want details and clarity that you can pick a part ?

Putting it that simply, I'd say the former, which leads me to the ZX2.

My concern is that with the older Android OS, it might be incompatible with future upgrades to the streaming apps that I use.

I'll decide over the weekend ... maybe 
smile.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #10,279 of 14,755

Putting it that simply, I'd say the former, which leads me to the ZX2.

My concern is that with the older Android OS, it might be incompatible with future upgrades to the streaming apps that I use.

I'll decide over the weekend ... maybe 
smile.gif

OR, get a MoJo.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #10,281 of 14,755
MoJo is not a DAP it's a DAC/Amplifier

I believe he was suggesting just pairing the OP's phone with the Mojo, instead of getting a dedicated DAP like the ZX2. As I mentioned elsewhere, I would have considered the same, were the option available back when I purchased my ZX2.

Edited to fix a typo

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #10,284 of 14,755

Lol, just put it simply in the world of music reproductions (which were composed and mastered in a studio) , there are 2 main things. Details or fidelity, and expressions or immersions.

1/ Zx2 is more of an expressions device that blow emotions and make the listeners feel why/how the track was composed the way it is. It still has good fidelity, but it is more musical and less analytical.
2/ dP-X1 is more like a details and fidelity monster, the device that show everything so clearly , as clear as that you can take a tape measurements and measure it spaces, tempo, distant, and can count the numbers of what instruments is inside the track.

Both are as very very good, but would you want to hear the expression of the artists ? Or only want to pick things a part ? That answer for Zx2 or DP-X1. If you want a device that have both ....that is what I am looking for lol....

I preferred Zx2 just simply I love my music, I don't love to pick them apart...because I love it emotions and expressions is my therapy.

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #10,285 of 14,755
poweramp alpha has a way to increase bass/treble, go to the 'visualization' option in the top right corner > press left option (the 3 bars graphic) > tone option

but i don't find i need any more bass/treble with my K3003 (reference filters) 

i liked gonemad/onkyo players, but this last week has been poweramp player 100% of my listenting time - this along with TRRS has me satisfied and happy

great find @Whitigir 
beerchug.gif

now if we can gather the funds needed for solar / NT6 / SE5ult , it would be xmas 11 months earlier 
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #10,286 of 14,755
Oh wow.......look at this ak380 copper

http://shop.iriverinc.com/astell-kern-ak380-copper-portable-mqs-system.html

First Sony claimed different metals sound different, and people called them BS

Now A&K...copper....probably we will see A&K carved out of meteorite for the best conductor on earth and sound quality out of this world and of aliens technol0gies and qualities

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #10,287 of 14,755
Oh wow.......look at this ak380 copper

http://shop.iriverinc.com/astell-kern-ak380-copper-portable-mqs-system.html

First Sony claimed different metals sound different, and people called them BS

Now A&K...copper....probably we will see A&K carved out of meteorite for the best conductor on earth and sound quality out of this world and of aliens technol0gies and qualities

Let's leave them out of it, shouldn't even discuss AK 380 and Sony ZX2 in the same sentence.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #10,288 of 14,755
To stop the volume ramping up in Poweramp within a few clicks of half way on the volume scale, turn off DVC (direct volume control) in settings/Audio/advanced tweaks and deselect DVC.

Also turning the sampling rate up to huge, gives a little more resolution in the sound, also found in settings/ advanced tweaks/ audio buffer size.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #10,290 of 14,755
  Let's leave them out of it, shouldn't even discuss AK 380 and Sony ZX2 in the same sentence.

That's one way to look at it. Another way is that the ZX2 seems 'comparable' to the 380 :p Of course the 380 is the bestest of the best. But for the best bang for bucks the ZX2 is king of kings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back